Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lost Guild
CoNtEsT ThReAd *VIDEO CONTEST PLEASE READ* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whos icon do you think should win?
Scarlet Lace
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Blue Eyed Ditz
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Jater_47
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Kaiterrific
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

xlost_fan122x
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:34 pm
Thanks everyone for being patient but recently everyone has been talking about making a Video contest and i think it's a great idea and a change.
Depending how much work you spend on a video, making one can take up to 2 hours to 2 weeks.
The most popular video maker is WMM (Windows Movie Maker) which is a program that is most likely on your computer if you have Windows. If not you can search it up on google and download it.
It's really simple to use and there are tons of tutorials to use and im sure if you ask people how to use it they will help you.

First contest:
The first video contest is called 'feelings'. To explain it, pick any character that you feel like you really know how they feel in situations. (For example, if you like Charlie you would know he often feels misunderstood). So then, create a video of Charlie and all of the times he felt misunderstood and whatnot. But you don't have to pick Charlie do any character you want or multiple characters.

You will be judged on:
*Video effects (don't overload the video with them but a few now and then would be nice.)
*How well the clips fit with the music (dont have someone mouthing words when the video is going, it makes the video look messy.)
*Song choice (how well it relates to the character(s).)

Tip:
If you do make the video around one character only, say you pick Sayid and you ran out of clips or something don't put someone like really random in the middle like Mr Eko chilling out or something. It makes the video look messy and can throw off the whole thing. If you don't have enough clips for one person its a better idea to make the video around more than one person.
And also, the reuse of a clip could make a video look messy as well. Say you have Desmond eating a pineapple. And you have that part in your video in the middle but then have the same clip later on. Sometimes a repeat clip works in a video, but sometimes it doesnt so if you are going to reuse a clip make sure you pull it off well.

Here is an example:
I made this video a while ago is based on Charlie and his life before he died. The song i picked is 'Hands' by Jewel which is a really beautiful song basically saying don't let people bring you down and to stay strong.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0A4gWUIubGI

Your videos are due anytime from October 26th-November 13th. That should be enough time, if not then i can expand the contest. Have fun! smile

*~*About*~*

This thread is about icon/banner/video/fanfiction contests regarding Lost.

*~*Table Of Contents*~*

-None yet  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:37 pm
*~*Contests Rules*~*

Icon contests- If you are interested in submitting in a icons, the prize for whoever wins is going to be 500 gaian gold. For every contest there will be a certain subject such as: Kate in What Kate Did. There will be a poll at the top of the page for every contest. The icon size depends on the contest but is usually going to be the standerd size.

Banner contests- Like the icon contests there will be a certain subject to do it on. And the prize for banners is also 500 gaian gold. The banner size will depend on the contest but is probably going to be the standerd size for most contests.

Fan fiction contests- For fan fictions the prize is 500 gaian gold. The fan fictions have to have a subject to it which will be announced when the contest is up. Example: The fan fiction subject might be: Sayid and Shannon fanfiction.

Video contests- Video prizes are 800 gaian gold. For every video there will be a subject such as: Charlie and Claire in love.

*~*Sources*~*

Pictures for icons/banners-

www.lost-media.com

Clips for videos-

www.jackandkate.org

((More links to be available.))  

xlost_fan122x
Vice Captain

xlost_fan122x
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:43 pm
*~*Current Contests*~*

ICON CONTEST

The suject for the 8th contest is Charlie and Claire. Get your entries in by Wednesday Feb. 28th. biggrin

FANFICTION CONTEST

The subject for the first fanfiction contest is centriced around Desmond, so make sure your fanfiction mostly has Desmond in it. Other characters may be any. Have your fanfictions in by EXTENDED Thurday November 2nd.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:45 pm
*~*Winners Circle*~*

ICONS

Contest 1 winner. Happy Sawyer. Jater_47

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Contest 2 winner. Sayid thinking. Jater_47

Contest 3 winner. Favorite character. Scarlet Lace.

User Image

Contest 4 winner. Jack in the jungle. Scarlet Lace.

User Image

Contest 5 winner. Charlie. Jater_47.

Contest 7 winner. Claire showing emotion. Peri-Rose.

User Image

Contest 8 winner. An Other. Blue Eyed Ditz.

BANNERS

FANFICTIONS

VIDEOS  

xlost_fan122x
Vice Captain

xlost_fan122x
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:45 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:23 pm
yay more contests! but what happened to the banner/icon contest that i won? you never gave me 1000 gold like you promised...  

Jater_47

Jater_47

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:01 am
well anyway, here is my happy sawyer entry for the new icon contest:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:42 pm
Awsome entry Jater. And about the gold, im terrible with figuring out trading. I tried... but did u not get anything? If not i'll try again...  

xlost_fan122x
Vice Captain

Jater_47

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:30 am
thanks xlost fan. i was a little confused when you were sending me nothing. this time it looks like a clump of something. i guess that's gold haha. thanks biggrin i think you need to accept the trade once more for it to be complete tho.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:21 pm
User Image
^That's mine heart  

[The.Last.Night]

xlost_fan122x
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:46 pm
Nice! Anyone else that wants to enter has to have it in by an hour before Lost starts tonight. And i will put the poll up too.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:24 pm
I got one! It's kinda a day late, but you didn't start voting yet right?  

Polarbear [108]

Polarbear [108]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:25 pm
Well here's the link on imageshack. is that alright? How do i paste it in?

Here it is

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/8273/happysawyer2editjz3.jpg

ooh maybe like this:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:18 am
Looks great! I will put up the poll a little later.  

xlost_fan122x
Vice Captain

Scarlet Lace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:38 am
I know it's late, but I hope you'll still accept it.

User Image  
The Lost Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces