Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Belly-dancing?
  SO awesome!!
  I like the scarfs
  I like the veils!
  THE JINGLIES I TELL YOU!! THE JINGLIES!!
View Results

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:12 am
Here's the scoop.

I have seen people from other shires belly-dancing, and I think it's really awesome (plus it would give me a reason to buy one of those jingly belly-dancing scarfs) rofl
But I live in an itty-bitty shire!! I'd probably have to drive at LEAST 7hours to find a good belly dancing class.

I do know of one person who knows how in my shire - but she's usually busy, and she tired classes once- but it flopped.

So I was wondering if there's anyone out there who knows how to belly dance, that would have any tips for someone trying to learn by herself at home!! xd heart  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:50 am
My friend's sister knows how to, and she learned off a instructional video tape. So, I'd recommend that until you can find other means.

I'm memorized by belly-dancing, especially if the chick is hot.  

Mistress DragonFlame

Wealthy Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:27 pm
I want to learn to, there are classes here for about $60 or something for about 8 classes. Brita/Magpie used to dance, not sure if she still does. I talked to one of my friends that was in the class and she said it didnt help her very much, you have to be able to find a beat and wiggle your hips, well thats all the classes tought her.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:14 pm
north_of_nita
I want to learn to, there are classes here for about $60 or something for about 8 classes. Brita/Magpie used to dance, not sure if she still does. I talked to one of my friends that was in the class and she said it didnt help her very much, you have to be able to find a beat and wiggle your hips, well thats all the classes tought her.

Haha yeah that's always helpful! And Magpie's from Tir Bannog as well right? *trying to remember* So if you see her - want to ask her if she can belly dance enough to show us a move or two? biggrin Maybe at St.Crispan's *sp*  

Naito_Mitsukai

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:15 pm
Mistress DragonFlame
My friend's sister knows how to, and she learned off a instructional video tape. So, I'd recommend that until you can find other means.

I'm memorized by belly-dancing, especially if the chick is hot.

Yeah, That's what I'm thinking of doing - but there are SOOOOOOOO many out there, I'm not sure which one to go for!! xd seeing as there are a lack of funds while I save up for my christmas-present-spending-spree! xd 3nodding heart  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:54 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
north_of_nita

Haha yeah that's always helpful! And Magpie's from Tir Bannog as well right? *trying to remember* So if you see her - want to ask her if she can belly dance enough to show us a move or two? biggrin Maybe at St.Crispan's *sp*

LOL hell yea. I just remembered, Heather dances, or used to at least.  

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

ShadowDruid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:34 pm
Does anyone know of anyone teaching in the Chantilly, Va area? Bellydancing that is. I think that is Ponte Alto.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:59 pm
north_of_nita
Naito_Mitsukai
north_of_nita

LOL hell yea. I just remembered, Heather dances, or used to at least.

We should ask just anyone we know at St.Chrispans if they know how to belly dance - and have mass lessons, everyone contributing! biggrin heart That would be SOOO cool!! xd  

Naito_Mitsukai

Dea Mariella

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:02 am
my mom and sis just started taking bellydance lessons this past year...and i have to say, that it is more involved than i would ever think. i went to about 3 of their lessons, and i had muscles hurt that i didn't know existed! it's not just about shaking your hips and getting shiney jingleys to attact people, it's apparently about the whole female empowerment. there are some great movies out there, like "bellydance superstars" which can show you that it's more than shaking your hips, and if you are truly looking into it, the coolest type of bellydance would either be tribal or tribal fusion. it's all about being kickass. ...that's all i have to say. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:20 pm
I like the videos by the Bidasha sisters. They're a lot better than some others I've seen the only weird thing is they smile like barbies the whole time. When I bought my tape there was another that cost less and came with two tapes, but it was so bad. It's worth the extra money to get a tape that will explain the moves instead of just showing off.  

Mooshakes

4,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:08 pm
I would love to take a class, but relatively few people in my barony do Middle Eastern.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:23 pm
Warning!

]Be aware of the type of belly dancing your doing!
If you do modern belly dancing a lot of the dancers at events ((who aren't belly bunnies...)) Will kill

Let you know that your not being period.

Just thought I should let you guys know... ((if you didn't))

But hey have fun with it even if it's not period....
Most people don't know ^.^

I'm so happy my friend is giving me lessons.
She used to teach classes all the time but she kind of stopped.
At least she still goes to events
4laugh

SashaRavensorrow

Padmasana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:39 pm
My mom, sister and I took a bellydancing "fitness" class. I loved it, but can't bring myself to dance in front of others unless the sun's gone down and there's a fire to dance around with other like-mindeds. I want to go back for the troupe's actual dance class, as opposed to the fitness one, but we'll see what time permits...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:51 pm
I'm sooo excited... I've been getting into dancing for fitness lately, and now I might be able to get some lessons out of a friend from work! She's from Morocco, and has been belly dancing since she could walk. Since she's in her late 40s now, that's a whole lot of belly dancing!! mrgreen  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

BladeDeSoul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:13 pm
Wowwwwww....If you ladies feel like ummm...practicing feel free. I'll even watch and uhhh...Judge it for you...yeah thats it...'ll judge and give pointers... *Cracks open a flask of mead*  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff