Welcome to Gaia! ::

Happy Happy Guild (Earthbound)

Back to Guilds

A true Earthbound guild dedicated to the love of blue. 

Tags: Earthbound, Happy Happy Village, Mother 2, Super Smash, Blue 

Reply Happy Happy Guild
What is your favorite Non-Earthbound SNES RPG? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amauriel

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:05 pm
I thought it would be interesting to find out what else everybody played for the SNES back in the day. There were so many good games for the SNES, and Earthbound was definitely my favorite, but my vote for number two goes to Chrono Trigger with the Super Mario RPG bringing up the top three. What's everyone else say?  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:04 am
Even including earthbound, my favorite game period would have to be Final Fantasy 3. Other games on SNES I liked were Link to the Past, Metroid and Chrono Trigger  

Teran
Vice Captain

Launcher
Captain

Wheezing Lunatic

3,450 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • Brandisher 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:45 pm
Firstly, I'd like to make sure you feel welcome here, so welcome.

Secondly I never really owned an SNES though I should have. Back in the 16-bit era I was in the Sega boat and then I was mostly a platformer kind of guy. I would probably really like Super Mario RPG, as I really enjoyed the newer RPG style Mario games (Both Paper Marios, and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga). I actually tried to get into Chrono Trigger a little while ago, but I don't have that much time lately. I found the Mario stuff much easier to get into. Its much simpler and such.

Anyway, yeah. That should sum it up. I've never been a big fan of RPGs especially in the 16 bit days, but Earthbound was one of those games that was simple enough for me to get into, plus it rocked hard.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 5:26 am
me never had Snes, but I downloaded Sailor Moon, Chrono Trigger, Harvest Moon, Earthbound and another game.... me really likes chrono trigger n HM 3nodding  

TeaParty

nuGen Staff Gawker

Amauriel

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:51 pm
I am actually a huge Harvest Moon fan, and I'm attempting to collect the entire series...I'm missing a copy of the original for the SNES, Back to Nature for the PS1, and two of the Game Boy ones: 2 and 3. (I have 1). Harvest Moon probably rates number 4 or 5 on my top games of all time, with Earthbound first, Ocarina of Time second, and Chrono Trigger third. If you look at series, it's in the top three, with Zelda being first and Zelda being second (Zelda is that good).

So yeah, you have some good choices there.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:33 am
Not EarthBound? Hmm...I liked Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Super Metroid (awsome music), Chrono Trigger (of course), any of the Final Fantasy series, especially V, and I too admit it, I loved Harvest Moon.  

SaferSaturnX

Teran
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:57 pm
MaesterSaturn
Not EarthBound? Hmm...I liked Super Mario RPG, Super Mario World, Super Metroid (awsome music), Chrono Trigger (of course), any of the Final Fantasy series, especially V, and I too admit it, I loved Harvest Moon.

I didn't like FF V much myself, don't get me wrong the job system was awesome but there was no plot and I never knew where I was supposed to go next. I also happen to be a Harvest Moon fan, the one on the 64 being my favorite.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:07 pm
Teran

I didn't like FF V much myself, don't get me wrong the job system was awesome but there was no plot and I never knew where I was supposed to go next. I also happen to be a Harvest Moon fan, the one on the 64 being my favorite.

I like the cooking/recipe sytem for Back to Nature [PS1], but I prefer the N64's marrage sytem becuase your wives are useless in all the other games. They pop out a kid and spend the rest of eternity pacing about your livingroom. eek
The PS2 version is the most worthless and unsatifying game in the series. Though I did appreciate the unlimited inventory. Now if only Natsume would combine all the good aspects of each game and make one game to rule them all. [ sweatdrop ]

Lady of Whimsy

Profitable Prophet

10,925 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Amauriel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:11 pm
Constable J
Teran

I like the cooking/recipe sytem for Back to Nature [PS1], but I prefer the N64's marrage sytem becuase your wives are useless in all the other games. They pop out a kid and spend the rest of eternity pacing about your livingroom. eek
The PS2 version is the most worthless and unsatifying game in the series. Though I did appreciate the unlimited inventory. Now if only Natsume would combine all the good aspects of each game and make one game to rule them all. [ sweatdrop ]

One harvest moon to rule them all,
one harvest moon to bind them?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:09 am
I liked where they were going with Its AWL but they really need to make the economy a bit more logical and add some fairs and more people you can marry.  

Teran
Vice Captain

Amauriel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:37 pm
Yeah, it really is a question of taking the best from every game and combining them into the ULTIMATE HARVEST MOON!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:17 am
Final Fantasy 6
I still like it more than 7.  

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

Teran
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:58 am
Inazuman Frash
Final Fantasy 6

Word to that sister  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:55 pm
Inazuman Frash
Final Fantasy 6
Six was pretty cool (the music rocked and Kefka was pretty darned awsome), but in my opinion, it was too long and had too many characters (if you tried to get them all). I do admit that 7 was overrated, but most people just like it because everyone else likes it. I think very few people actually understand the full storyline, because the game was so incoherent, it was hard to understand at times.  

SaferSaturnX

Ruris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:14 pm
Chrono Trigger  
Happy Happy Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items