Reply 21+
Oh no... it's a Sailor Moon thread. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:33 am
Because I know there are at least 2 of us who are familiar with the series. I figured this would be a fun conversation piece. From the looped animation, the corny dubbed American dialogue, and of course, pretty outfits, you gotta love sailor moon.

questions to ponder/discuss:

1. why are all the planets led by a moon?

2. So if Darien/Mamoru/Tuxedo mask is Guardian of the Earth, is this just one of many plugs on how Serena/Usagi/Sailor Moon revolves around him?

3. Since Pluto has recently been discredited as a planet (sad, cry ) does that mean from now on her powers weren't work. "PLUTO PLANET POWER!" -nothing happens- "Crap, I don't get planet power anymore now that pluto's not a planet!"

4. Did anyone else get sick of the bickering between Rei/Mars and Serena in the American dub?

5. Who do you think had the best romantic pairing? (serena/darien, mars and that rocker dude who lived in the temple, molly/nephrite, Rini/Chibi USA/Mini moon and Helios/Pegasus, Uranus and Neptune, Sailor Venus and... everybody, molly and umino/melvin, or Ami/Mercury and Studying)

6. Does anyone know the episode from which this quote comes "Unless he's unusually tall for his age he's way too old to be dating my daughter"

Now discuss. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:32 am
1.) I think this definitely has to do with the real, honest-to-goodness myth about Selene (Serenity)/ and Endymion... Endymion was of the earth and Selene (or Diana) was of the moon and fell in love with Endymion.. which is really the story that the whole show is based on. (Very loosely I might add.) Uhhh.. I guess that makes sense, even if I did a poor job of explaining it.

2) Hahahha.. Good point.

3) Pluto is way more powerful than any lousy scientist or astronomer. If she wants to be a planet, then she sure as heck will be. xD

4) Haha, on about the first day! URGH!

5) Oh pook, as much as I would rather vote for somebody else I'm still going to have to go for Usagi/Mamoru... I guess Chibi Usa/Helios would be my next choice.

6) hahaha.. that sounds awfully familiar but it's literally been YEARS since I saw any of the dub so I really have no clue.

=====================

Favorite senshi anyone? Mine is Sailor Mars but I think I am most like Sailor Moon xD

Incidently, I used to run a Sailor Moon weekly e-mailing list from like 1997 until 2000 or so. Boy, those were the days xD  

NessaChan
Crew

Sparkly Nerd

8,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Archangel Lionheart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:16 pm
Wow, what i had to watch with my sister and what my grandmother keeps saying is what I watch was ripped from. Yeah, she doesn't understand but it was a comical series. I don't care what anyone says, Pluto is a planet.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:28 pm
Heh, never been a Sailor Moon fan. However, my MAN is, as well as a few friends of mine, so I've seen more of the series than I'd care to. xd Has anyone seen the liveaction series they put out a couple of years ago? That one was much more fun to watch, simply because of the overwhelming BADNESS of it. Wonderful to MST your heart out to...

Anyway, to the questions!

1.) I've always kind of wondered this... It would make far more sense for all the planets to be lead by the sun. And if our moon has a senshi, what about all those other moons? Maybe they were just the unpopular senshi, never invited to parties.

2.) Another question... How come Earth is the only planet with a male senshi? Seems too convenient, to me.

3.) Pluto now has to sit on the sidelines with Charon, lamenting on why she never gets invited to parties anymore. xd

4.) Along with everything else Serena does? Yes. blaugh

5.) I'm a sucker for Molly and Nephrite. Something about characters switching sides always gets to me.

6.) Sorry, I only watched when forced to, so I couldn't place a single quote from that series. sweatdrop  

Seeress

AntoniaMerEnfant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:52 pm
Hee hee, I knew this thread would elicit some hillarious replies.

Seeress I adore the quip about the moons. True, Io and Europa were so the outcasts! I guess would Helios be the true leader then, cause doesn't his name pertain to sun in some respect, I forget the exact myth on that one, it's been 7 years since I really covered some myths.

Though yes, I think Pluto should still be a planet, and a sailor soldier. I mean come on she was one of the coolest senshi ever, Pluto deadly scream was a very spiffy attack. I wish my hair would look so flowing awesome when I battle evil.

Molly and Nephrite got me too. Why because it was a more unusual pairing. Strangely enough I also like Rei and her man, maybe because he makes such an idiot of himself when she's around. There is something kind of adorable in an incompetant man due to romantic/physical attraction.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:55 pm
p.s. and my favorite Senshi would have to be Sailor Saturn aka Hotaru. I love the halberd, the outfit. And I can relate to the uber-violent mood swings. The sailor scout of destruction... or really just the sailor scout of PMS? You decide.  

AntoniaMerEnfant

lunashock

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:51 am
OH gosh it's been YEARS since I've gotten into SM. It was the first real anime series I got into and I was in high school. Although looking back now, it probably wasn't as great, but it still holds a dear place.

Although just mention of the dub makes me shudder. The horrible voice actors and just the sheer butchering. At least dubs have come a LOOOONG way.

And Pluto would still have her powers. It wasn't discredited as a planet, it's just a dwarf planet, not a regular planet. So it would be "PLUTO dwarf PLANET POWER, make-up!"

I never was overly fond of Mamoru/Usagi just because it bordered on a weee bit creepy. I liked the Nephrite/Naru angle.

As for the quote, is that from the subbed or dubbed?

I actually dressed as Sailor Mars my junior year of high school for Halloween.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:45 am
Hi, my name is Raien, and........ sweatdrop
and..... sweatdrop
and..... I too have watched Sailor Moon......

.....it all started 11 years ago...... sweatdrop

and i watched it dubbed!!!!!! crying
and......
and.....

I liked it!!!!! crying

MAY GOD FORGIVE ME!!!!  

Raien3

Archangel Lionheart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:13 pm
Raien3
Hi, my name is Raien, and........ sweatdrop
and..... sweatdrop
and..... I too have watched Sailor Moon......

.....it all started 11 years ago...... sweatdrop

and i watched it dubbed!!!!!! crying
and......
and.....

I liked it!!!!! crying

MAY GOD FORGIVE ME!!!!

Chill bro, I got a kick out of it too. On paydays when I went and picked up my comics, I always picked up the sailor moon ones for my sister. She had to let me read them when she was done (Hey, I was paying for them), and I will admit I got a kick out of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:58 am
I used to watch it with my son. He is 16 now. Watched that right along with TMNT. And the original Power Rangers. Nothing wrong with watching it.  

SydneySkye
Crew

Archangel Lionheart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:51 pm
SydneySkye
I used to watch it with my son. He is 16 now. Watched that right along with TMNT. And the original Power Rangers. Nothing wrong with watching it.

Teenage mutant nija turtles, man that was some good stuff. I have to get a copy of the dvd I have to my brother to watch with his son. The first season is on dvd now, found it at the Nex. I found a copy of the old Zelda series, maybe this year for my siter's birthday I should get her the Sailor Moon dvds.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:00 pm
TMNT now... that show was one of my favorites growing up. The dvd's been added to my ever-growing list of "things I really should own". I was severely disappointed by what little I saw of the new series.

However, I was far too old by the time Power Rangers came out to think it was anything but lame. My man loves it, though... I'm afraid I hurt his feelings the first time he showed me the first movie and I heckled it all the way through. xd But sheesh... At least Voltron had the excuse that it was created in the 80's, and so the lameness could be partially forgiven. (I was a Thundercat's girl, anyway.)  

Seeress

Archangel Lionheart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:45 am
Thunder cats and Voltron!!!! We really need to make a seperate thread just to talk about cartoons. Sorry Sailor moon...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:24 am
so Pluto is dwarf planet power? Lol. But if they have their way, we'll have 3 more plants to make up for it. Xena planet power! rofl  

Teviri

omen210

Snowfriend Architect

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:32 am
O my....sailor moon my niece watches that show like 4-5years ago. Man....the cartoon chars. would talk dirty on there. I believe they had lesbos on that show. It's so unreal for children to watch ahha  
21+

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff