Reply SCA Guild
Prettiest armor ever Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Artimus_Twitch

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:22 pm
Well maybe not ever but she did such a good job! Its all made of dyed leather and plastic
This is the armor my SCA sister Kalira made for herself. She has a belly dancer persona, and actually got around to makeing matching armor.
It jinggles.
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:58 pm
I wholeheartedly approve of the purple quantity. and the jinglies.  

TheSteven

Felix OFlyn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:56 pm
Lol nice, I like the bellydancer jingglies ^.^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:28 pm
WOW!! eek eek I love her armour!! 4laugh heart 3nodding

I JUST turned 16 ..... about 2 weeks ago (aug.22nd) And I REALLY want to get into heavy fighting, but there's one problem ...

The only people in the shire that I know of who do heavy fighting (tiny shire) are moving away .... that ... And they kind of intimidate me! whee I'm fine with everyone else in the shire .... except the people who know how to make armour who are moving away! stare

Does anyone have any links or something, on how to make period-looking armour *preferably cheaply sweatdrop * that's meets the criteria for heavy fighting in the SCA? sweatdrop  

Naito_Mitsukai

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:47 pm
talk to John, he used to fight... he might even have his old stuff somewhere too  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:29 pm
There are links in the combat secotions of the sca website.
you need to get the basics down and make a cheep crappy set of armor to work out where you get armor bites and such before you go and make a nice in peirod set.  

Artimus_Twitch

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:06 pm
north_of_nita
talk to John, he used to fight... he might even have his old stuff somewhere too

xd Lord Tadgg lacks the boobs!! rofl The armour wouldn't work for me - but maybe I can ask him to help me make some of my own? confused If he ever finds the time! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:07 pm
Artimus_Twitch
There are links in the combat secotions of the sca website.
you need to get the basics down and make a cheep crappy set of armor to work out where you get armor bites and such before you go and make a nice in peirod set.

Okay! Thanks!! biggrin  

Naito_Mitsukai

harukitsune

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:16 am
when ppl say pretty i auotmatically assume it's really shiny and stainless steel
but the armor concept here is amusing...good job making it(the armor)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:38 am
Jingly armor is like a giant arrow above your head saying "Bash here"  

Random Saxon

Dema

1,550 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:44 pm
harukitsune
when ppl say pretty i auotmatically assume it's really shiny and stainless steel
but the armor concept here is amusing...good job making it(the armor)

lol I thought that too, and I'm like....oh its not shiny....but it is cool looking still.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:44 pm
Random Saxon
Jingly armor is like a giant arrow above your head saying "Bash here"

I think a steel helmet says that O_o;
There isn't much need of being sneaky in wars...
Just the need to hit them before they hit you.

Plus I would shoot at a tabbard over jinglys. Kings and princes need to be out of the way first. =P  

Artimus_Twitch

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:45 pm
Those are gone the first time she steps into a melee. Hate to say it, but this isnt EverQuest. Linens and trinkets rarely survive the battlefield.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:08 am
[Shall.We.Blaspheme]
Those are gone the first time she steps into a melee. Hate to say it, but this isnt EverQuest. Linens and trinkets rarely survive the battlefield.

Hmm .... if she changes it - switches the string or rope or whatever it's attached to, for some strong chainmail (which will also make it jingle more) then they might stand up better in battle? Especially if she then attaches to chainmain to the armour, so that it stays closer to her body and is less likly to get cought by weapons and the like? biggrin heart  

Naito_Mitsukai

Snaebjorn

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:49 am
[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

All of the garb that covers my armour (it doesn't look period I'm not showing it) is heavy weight linen. Hasn't ripped yet. The duck cloth I used first ripped after just a few months. Linen is stronger then cotton and heavy weight linen can take alot of abuse.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff