Submit

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:25 pm
A friend sent me a list of "Pennsic Pick Up Lines." They make me happy on the inside.

1) Do sheriffs administere thee to those who breke the kinges peace? Bycause thou lookst “fyne.”

2) Yf thou were a latyn tretise ich wolde putte thee in the vernacular.

3) Ich do deuote myn diligence to studye of the anatomie of engendrure. Ich haue happed vpon an abstruse passage in the werke of Constantyne the Affrikan De Coitu, the which I kan nat construe. For lernynges sake and the goode of wisdom, woldstow performe the acte of venus withe me so that ich may interpret thys clause in propre wise?

4) Ich loved thy papere, but yt wolde looke much better yscattred across the floore of myn rentede dorme roome at dawne.

5) Art thou a disastrous poll tax? Bycause I feele a risynge comynge on.

6) Nyce bootes. Wanna swyve?

7) Thou lookst so mvch lyk an aungel that the friares haue lefte the roome yn terror!

8 ) Shulle we maken the cindreblokke to synge?

9) Woldstow haue me shyfte thyne voweles?

10) Were thou yn my seisin, ich wolde nevir escheat on thee.

11) Thy beaute ys more intoxicatyng than the OVP openne bar.

12) Yf thy beautee were an poeme, yt wolde make Dante looke lyk Marcabru.

13) The preeste telleth me that we aren more than VII degrees of consanguinitee. Game on!

14) Ich notyce that myn demense and thyn do abutte. Wolde yt plese thee to consolidate ovre powere-base in the midlands?

15) Makstow a pilgrymage heere often?

16) Let vs breake oure mornyng faste togedir tomorrowe. Shal ich sende a page wyth a message for thee, or shal ich wake thee wyth an aubade composid ex tempore?

17) Ich coude drynke a yearlye tun of thee.

18 ) Ys thy father a makere of walles? For how else dide he gyve thee svch a tall and fayre forheed?

19) Ich haue the tale of Lancelot yn myn roome. Woldstow rede of yt wyth me?

20) By my soule, thou art a verye mappe of helle. For thy face lyk the rivere Styx wil make me swere oothes neuer to be fforsworn, and thy embrace lyk the Lethe shal make me foryet al else, and lyk vnto the Flegeton thyn arse ys ON FYRE!

21) Woldstow be myn Gaveston?

22) Howe abovte a blancmange and the acte of Venus? Whatte, blancmange pleseth thee nat?

23) If ich sayde that thou hadde a bele chose, woldstow holde it ayeinst me?

20 is my personal favorite, but they all make me grin.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:52 pm
Please... translate a bit so it's easier to read? I know it's supposed to give of the 'accent', but it's still a b***h to figure out what it's saying. 'Thou' 'thee' 'hast' etc are fine, but "Studye" could easily change into "study" "Ich" into "it".  

Mistress DragonFlame

Wealthy Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:44 am
Lol, I like those!

Best Festival (very few Aussies can afford to go to Pensic, but we still have Rowany Festival!) pick up line ever:

" is boring! Entertain me!" - Said while partially inebriated (Huzzah for stupidly cheap cider!) & in a rather ill-fitting corset (see Dirty Sayings for a photo of said ill-fitting corset).

And now we're getting married. xd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:38 am
My attempt at a translation for you, Mistress DragonFlame.

1) Do sherrifs administer you to those who break the king's peace? Because you look "fine."

2) If you were a Latin treatis I would put you in the vernacular.

3) I doubt my ability to study the anatomy of [engendrure]. I have happened upon an abstruse passage in the work of Constantine the African Du Coit, which I can't figure out. For learning's sake and the good of wisdom, would you perform the act of Venus with me so that I may interpret this clause properly?

4) I loved your paper, but it would look much better scattered across the floor of my dorm room at dawn.

5) Are you a disasterous poll tax? Because I feel a rising coming on.

6) Nice boots. Wanna screw?

7) You look so much like an angel that the friars have fled the room in terror!

8 ) Shall we singe the cinderblocks?

9) Would you let me shift your vowels?

10) If you were my [seisin], I could never cheat on you.

11) Your beauty is more intoxicating than the OVP open bar.

12) If your beauty were a poem, it would make Dante look like Maracbru.

13) The priest tells me that we not within seven degrees of consanguinity. Game on!

14) I notice that our lands are next to each other. Would it please you to consolidate our power-base in the midlands?

15) Do you make a pilgramage here often?

16) Let's have breakfast together tomorrow. Shall I send a page with a message for you, or shall I wake you with an aubade composed ex tempore?

17) I could drink a yearly ton of you.

18 ) Is your father a maker of walls? How else did he give you such a tall and fair forehead?

19) I have the tale of Lancelot in my room. Would you like to read it with me?

20) By my soul, you are the very map of hell. For your face, like the river Styx, will make me swear never to be forsworn, and your embrace, like the Lethe, shall make me forget all else, and like the Flegeton your a** is on FIRE!

21) Would you be my Gaveston?

22) How about a blancmange and the act of Venus? What, you don't like blancmagnge?

23) If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?  

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Seilde

Aged Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:46 pm
funny stuff there.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:34 pm
Thank you very much!

I love them all, espeically number 20! I laughed so hard.  

Mistress DragonFlame

Wealthy Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200

vampire_gurl88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:34 pm
these rock. I know someone who has used #6 in the s.c.a. >.< it worked for them, sadly.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:06 pm
There is an old classic which goes, "Nice bodice/doublet. You know where it would look REALLY good? On the floor of my tent!"

In Caid, this is a bit different...

"You know where it would look really good? Hung neatly in a closet.

The shirt/chemise/skirt/pants, though... would look great on the floor."  

[Atropa Belladonna]

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:11 pm
[Atropa Belladonna]
There is an old classic which goes, "Nice bodice/doublet. You know where it would look REALLY good? On the floor of my tent!"

Hehe, awesome. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:57 am
Llelwyn
[Atropa Belladonna]

Hehe, awesome. xd

I find that it actually works better than the other. As one lord put it:
"Respect for garb? Respect for you!"  

[Atropa Belladonna]

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:13 am
xd

#20's my favorite.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:09 pm
Mistress DragonFlame
Thank you very much!

I love them all, espeically number 20! I laughed so hard.
Your a** is on FIRE!  

The Abortionater

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:47 pm
[Atropa Belladonna]

I usually just stick with 'that kilt looks great on you M'Lord, though it would look better on my tent floor!'
lol Yes, I will go up to just about any man in a kilt, just to say that line! wink  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:42 am
Naito_Mitsukai

I usually just stick with 'that kilt looks great on you M'Lord, though it would look better on my tent floor!'
lol Yes, I will go up to just about any man in a kilt, just to say that line! wink

Now this you have to be careful of. Some of us, like myself, may just accept your offer. *grins* Of course its rare I wear a kilt.  

Snaebjorn

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:55 pm
rofl Sadly here, not many of the men wear their kilts on a regular basis. Lord Wylfred (also a socials teacher at the high school) is more likely to wear his kilt to work than he is to an SCA event! stare

Although.... there WAS that accident with my camera that one time sweatdrop .... I think I still have the picture! xd

Ah - found it! The one time a friend of mine finally wears his kilt around me this happens
User Image
And it was an HONEST ACCIDENT!! My disposable camera dropped, and I can be quoted saying 'damn, whadda waste of a picture' ... later after getting the film developed - I ate my words! rofl

But honestly - if a kind sir DID happen to accept my proposal I would most defiantly not back down from it! wink  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff