View Results

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:25 pm
Most of my friends get rather shocked when they find out I can't stand Monty Python. Whether they are my anime friends, literary friends, role playing friends, scadian friends or all of the above friends they can't believe I like the above but don't like Monty Python. As if Python and the SCA are joined at the hip. WTF? I want to know if I'm the only one out here in the SCA who doesn't like Monty Python.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:32 pm
Python takes a certain sense of humor, but it's a hard thing to say really... as the jokes were written by a number of different people with different comedic tastes (I could get into python history here, but since you're not a fan, I won't bother.)

It's just the personality type that is drawn to the society, methinks. Not to say that it's the set type, but most of the scaers I've known seem to have a similar group of interests (Roleplaying, History, British Humor, Cult-media (Anime, Cultfilms, comics, etc.))  

TheSteven

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:54 pm
NI!

(I love Monty Python).  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:06 am
Llelwyn
NI!

(I love Monty Python).

"Why are you dressed like a tiger?"
"Oh WHY? Erm well you see..."

Best skit ever!

JewelsSparkle

TheSteven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:54 am
Llelwyn
NI!

(I love Monty Python).

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say 'ni' at will to old ladies people who don't like python. There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 8:12 pm
I swear I don't like Monty Python *is curently wearing a Monty Python T-shirt*  

Felix OFlyn

[Shall.We.Blaspheme]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:40 am
Monty Python? What silliness. I'll have none of it.

Now if you'll excuse me,

I must see a man about self-defense against bananas.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:54 pm
"Fresh fruit not good enough for you eh? Well I'll tell you something my lad. When you're walking home tonight and some great homicidal maniac comes after you with a bunch of loganberries, don't come crying to me!"  

TheSteven

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:55 pm
tehe i have a shirt with the killer rabbit on it HUZZAH!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:06 am
I recognize every quote posted despite not liking the show/movie. I was made to watch a good while back.

Yeah, you're right bout the similar group of interests. Add D&D role playing to the list though. Literaly every person in my shire but one has or does D&D and right now I'm game mastering for our Seneshal. What fun-a 50+ year old librarian and a bunch of college age kids laughing so hard the cat looks at us funny!

Sir_Catherine

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250

TheSteven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:04 am
Sir_Catherine
I recognize every quote posted despite not liking the show/movie. I was made to watch a good while back.

Yeah, you're right bout the similar group of interests. Add D&D role playing to the list though. Literaly every person in my shire but one has or does D&D and right now I'm game mastering for our Seneshal. What fun-a 50+ year old librarian and a bunch of college age kids laughing so hard the cat looks at us funny!

I put D&D at the top of the list under 'roleplaying'. Mostly because me and a couple other sca friends of mine dabble in different d20 systems from time to time.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:51 pm
TheSteven
Sir_Catherine

I put D&D at the top of the list under 'roleplaying'. Mostly because me and a couple other sca friends of mine dabble in different d20 systems from time to time.
Yeah, I've noticed that most SCA gamers are not into, say, GURPS. Maybe a little Whitewolf or Vampire, but it's mostly D&D.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

[Xx Danzi xX]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:17 pm
walks behind you going, "click click,click click, click click"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:58 am
Kittywitch
TheSteven
Sir_Catherine

Yeah, I've noticed that most SCA gamers are not into, say, GURPS. Maybe a little Whitewolf or Vampire, but it's mostly D&D.

Most of what we do that's not D&D is actually either an original system that the guy downstairs made up (that rules, btw. He's thinking of publishing it.) or RIFTS. ^_^  

TheSteven

Felix OFlyn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:17 am
If you think about it Monty Python is almost about the SCA. Its a bunch of crazy peole runing around in modernday whearing medieval armor.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff