No.
  Not at the moment, but I have been.
  Not yet, but I will be soon.
  Gold.
View Results

Imzy
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:09 am
I figure I can't possibly be the only person who doesn't have an active local group anymore.... so come one, come all, homeless SCAdians UNITE! We can commisserate and share our woes.

It's really particularly awkward, for me, because the contact group I was a part of was technically part of Calontir, and now I'm on the Northshield treaty, and mostly play in Northshield, at Northshield events. When I troll in, I never know what to put for the 'local group' section of the registration form. N/A? The contact group formerly known as Riverwatch? Homeless? Unclaimed lands? I dunno.

It's even more awkward, when someone asks where I'm from, because I don't have a good, easy answer. If I say my group doesn't exist anymore, they want to know why, and.... well.... I'm still rather bitter about what happened.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:14 am
I'm not, but I have to say that my local group didn't make me feel welcome until very recently, so I didn't attend much.  

Llelwyn

Eloquent Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:06 pm
In my little corner of Calontir, I seem to be the only one without a true home. Now, there is a contact group started, so I'm better off than I could be, but it's still frustrating.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:19 pm
Dragostae
In my little corner of Calontir, I seem to be the only one without a true home. Now, there is a contact group started, so I'm better off than I could be, but it's still frustrating.

I wish you luck, and pray that your contact group fares better than mine did. At least you won't have to deal with Mistress Alina as Kingdom Seneschal, though from small bit the contact I had with Baran Jon Tristram (I think?) toward the end, I'm not terribly impressed by him, either.

It makes me want to spit just thinking that they actually gave that woman a Pelican. She certainly didn't do our little corner of Calontir any Service. But then, we were the problem children with a bit too much of a Northshield influence for her liking. Bleah.

I despise Kingdom politics.  

Imzy
Crew

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:18 pm
I felt pretty homeless when I was away in Trimaris for a few months... I didn't know how long I was going to be there, and I was in the one bit of Unclaimed Territory. Some friends told me I should start a Northshield post down there, but I didn't have anyone to start it with! It was lonely, but I'm back home now, so I'm happy. Although, when I came back to Jararvellir I still felt rather out of place because I'd really only played with people in Falcon's Keep... so I got a lot of "wait... you're not a newbie?" But I'm settling in now... yay!

Keep hope people, things can always get better!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:19 pm
Imzy
Dragostae

I wish you luck, and pray that your contact group fares better than mine did. At least you won't have to deal with Mistress Alina as Kingdom Seneschal, though from small bit the contact I had with Baran Jon Tristram (I think?) toward the end, I'm not terribly impressed by him, either.

It makes me want to spit just thinking that they actually gave that woman a Pelican. She certainly didn't do our little corner of Calontir any Service. But then, we were the problem children with a bit too much of a Northshield influence for her liking. Bleah.

I understand. I hear plenty (being on the list-serv for Calontir doesn't, nor does it help that my friend Giudo is pretty much in the thick of things), and besides, there's a reason I probably haven't gotten as deep in it as I could have. I'm not a happy lioness when I have to deal with politics...yet for some odd reason it follows me.

Let's just say I've got some fairly powerful enemies because of my tongue. razz  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:26 pm
Dragostae
Imzy
Dragostae

I understand. I hear plenty (being on the list-serv for Calontir doesn't, nor does it help that my friend Giudo is pretty much in the thick of things), and besides, there's a reason I probably haven't gotten as deep in it as I could have. I'm not a happy lioness when I have to deal with politics...yet for some odd reason it follows me.

Let's just say I've got some fairly powerful enemies because of my tongue. razz

Oh God.

My friend Giudo knows her.

*gasp*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:20 pm
Dragostae
Oh God.

*gasp*

*lol* Which her? If you're talking about Giudo from Deodar (I think? Or maybe it's Shadowdale or La Grande Tent. Somewhere in the vicinity...), I know who he is, yes. A herald, I believe. And, ah... a bluefeather? Oh, and a rare and scandalous thing--a Calontiri fencer, if I recall correctly. An all-around rebel. *lol* I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of the same person. But yeah, he undoubtedly knows Mistress Alina, and he may even recall me, as well. I wouldn't say I know him well, but we've spoken before.

He always has very nice garb. smile  

Imzy
Crew

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:09 pm
Imzy
Dragostae
Oh God.

*gasp*

*lol* Which her? If you're talking about Giudo from Deodar (I think? Or maybe it's Shadowdale or La Grande Tent. Somewhere in the vicinity...), I know who he is, yes. A herald, I believe. And, ah... a bluefeather? Oh, and a rare and scandalous thing--a Calontiri fencer, if I recall correctly. An all-around rebel. *lol* I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of the same person. But yeah, he undoubtedly knows Mistress Alina, and he may even recall me, as well. I wouldn't say I know him well, but we've spoken before.

He always has very nice garb. smile

Yup, that's the gentle. Although he's continuously bitching about his orange garb (although it's better than anything I could do!). His lampwork's fantastic. (and I'm a fencer, too, though sadly, it's constrained to afterschool activities!) He might. You never know.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:26 am
Imzy
I figure I can't possibly be the only person who doesn't have an active local group anymore.... so come one, come all, homeless SCAdians UNITE! We can commisserate and share our woes.

It's really particularly awkward, for me, because the contact group I was a part of was technically part of Calontir, and now I'm on the Northshield treaty, and mostly play in Northshield, at Northshield events. When I troll in, I never know what to put for the 'local group' section of the registration form. N/A? The contact group formerly known as Riverwatch? Homeless? Unclaimed lands? I dunno.

It's even more awkward, when someone asks where I'm from, because I don't have a good, easy answer. If I say my group doesn't exist anymore, they want to know why, and.... well.... I'm still rather bitter about what happened.

One thing that you might consider doing is applying to Northshield for citizenship there if that's where you want to play.

A good friend of mine physically lives in Atlantia but has no active groups near her. She actually played in Aethelmarc since there were events in that Kingdom that were closer to her and she was able to get there to play. She eventually applied to the Crown of Aethelmarc for citizenship..which they granted, and then Atlantia released her from their Kingdom.

It would take a bit of work on your part to approach Northshield, but it might be something to consider.  

TN_Lark

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

WarriorNorseWolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:50 pm
My group Norbourough in the barony of flaming gryphon (please no blue feather jokes about the gryphon lol) was close knit like a family but recently it has become a big political cesspool.... I am thinking of breaking away and creating my own household and doing that instead of the local thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:28 pm
whee one of the main reasons why my brother and I chose the title of Wanderers was because we do just that... we Wander. Usually we'll camp with our host barony, but they live way up north from where we live.... so we just end up simplifying things by saying we wander and are currently with which ever household/barony we're staying with... ^^;;

But I agree, it's still really awkward trying to explain or tell people who you're staying with sweatdrop I've been told that if you help or with on site, you meet alot of people and that could possibly help you find a new home to stay with wink

Twin star of Suzaku

Dangerous Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:22 pm
I am extremely homeless right now. Stuck here in Northshield... and not to offend Northshielders, but I hate it here. So much. It's hard enough to make friends and when you're homesick and lonely and the local group is already in their circle of friends... and you'd have to fight to get involved... well, it's just not worth it.

So I stopped going to meetings this summer. I'd just get back to my wretched little apartment and cry after them because I felt so damn alone. *shrugs* That's all past though. I'm sure I could get involved... but I don't care to anymore. Besides, I leave later this month. Soooo, for the summer, it really wasn't worth the effort. I found other ways to deal with being lonely.

There is someone I know now, since I went to Warlords and Warriors and camped with some friends back home, but she's south and I think it's a bit of a hike.

And I don't get involved in politics. I'm happily oblivious. Lah lah lah lah.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:30 pm
Kiddo the fox-phoenix
I am extremely homeless right now. Stuck here in Northshield... and not to offend Northshielders, but I hate it here. So much. It's hard enough to make friends and when you're homesick and lonely and the local group is already in their circle of friends... and you'd have to fight to get involved... well, it's just not worth it.

So I stopped going to meetings this summer. I'd just get back to my wretched little apartment and cry after them because I felt so damn alone. *shrugs* That's all past though. I'm sure I could get involved... but I don't care to anymore. Besides, I leave later this month. Soooo, for the summer, it really wasn't worth the effort. I found other ways to deal with being lonely.

There is someone I know now, since I went to Warlords and Warriors and camped with some friends back home, but she's south and I think it's a bit of a hike.

That really pisses me off, and I'm sorry that that particular group is rather clique-ish, because that's not the SCA. I'm sorry, but that's not. They have wronged you (sorry, the honour's kickin' in), and by the fact that they can't get their heads out of their tushkas is a pretty good indication that they can't handle change.

*hugs*  

Dragostae

Astral Lionheart

21,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Kiddo Seanchain

Shirtless Heckler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:37 pm
Dragostae
Kiddo the fox-phoenix

That really pisses me off, and I'm sorry that that particular group is rather clique-ish, because that's not the SCA. I'm sorry, but that's not. They have wronged you (sorry, the honour's kickin' in), and by the fact that they can't get their heads out of their tushkas is a pretty good indication that they can't handle change.

*hugs*

Well, I didn't mean to be that harsh... I mean, I was extremely homesick for a while there and that makes it hard to be friendly. Would you want to be friends with someone perpetually depressed?  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff