Do you enjoy cooking?
  I love it!
  Not at all.
  It's just something I do.
View Results

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:34 pm
I just thought that it might be nice to have a topic for us to turn to when we have no idea what to cook for dinner!!

Post away my friends!!
xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:36 pm
I just bought a slow cooker, and am very excited about it, and would be particularly interested in good recipes that would require it's use!  

Doressa
Captain

Infernus Angelus

1,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:52 am
Cooking is excellent, I just love it ... being French helps actually !!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:03 am
I didn't know you were French! I just finished my French exam! C'est difficile!!

I love cooking too! Hopefully I'll have a bit more time for it in my holidays...

Doressa
Captain

Ishimaru_Taiki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:28 am
I really like doing a roast beef in the slow cooker.

I usually take it and rub it with garlic powder and insert cloves of garlic (4 or 5) in randon spots about 1/2 inch inside the roast.

Let it cook slowly all day *drools* and use the drippings for gravy.

Sometimes I experiment with the spices I put on the outside of the roast.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:34 pm
I like cooking, but I'll be honest, I've been extremely lazy since I got my George Forman Grill. Those things are amazing!  

Dafthank

Archangel Lionheart

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:25 pm
I have always loved cooking, sadly, I can only do it when I'm home on leave. crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:05 pm
Ishimaru_Taiki

I usually take it and rub it with garlic powder and insert cloves of garlic (4 or 5) in randon spots about 1/2 inch inside the roast.

Fabulous! I'm going to try it! Have you ever tried putting veggies in with it? Or would that not work? Maybe you'd just have to add them later?  

Doressa
Captain

Ishimaru_Taiki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:09 pm
Doressa
Ishimaru_Taiki

Fabulous! I'm going to try it! Have you ever tried putting veggies in with it? Or would that not work? Maybe you'd just have to add them later?

I have done carrots and potates. The cook up nice and add extra flavour to the gravy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:19 pm
I might even make that today!!

Oh, and this recipe I'm posting now has been cut and pasted from a different thread, so sorry if you've seen it before, I just thought it belonged here...

You just take a punnet or two (depending on how many you're cooking for) of cherry tomatoes and cut them all in half. Then you drizzle some olive oil in a baking dish and throw them in. Crush about three cloves of garlic and put that in with the tomatoes-you won't smell great afterwards, but it tastes so good! Mix together some balsamic vinegar and olive oil (about half half) and put a little bit of sugar in with it (you get a better flavour if you don't use white sugar -I used demara) then drizzle that over the garlic and tomatoes. Add some salt and pepper then put it in the oven until the juices are bubbling. Meanwhile cook some pasta (I like angel hair) and finely chop some basil. Drain the pasta and mix it through the tomato and garlic mixture. Add the basil and some crumbled feta cheese and serve!! So yum!

Doressa
Captain

Ishimaru_Taiki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:31 pm
Doressa

Oh, and this recipe I'm posting now has been cut and pasted from a different thread, so sorry if you've seen it before, I just thought it belonged here...

You just take a punnet or two (depending on how many you're cooking for) of cherry tomatoes and cut them all in half. Then you drizzle some olive oil in a baking dish and throw them in. Crush about three cloves of garlic and put that in with the tomatoes-you won't smell great afterwards, but it tastes so good! Mix together some balsamic vinegar and olive oil (about half half) and put a little bit of sugar in with it (you get a better flavour if you don't use white sugar -I used demara) then drizzle that over the garlic and tomatoes. Add some salt and pepper then put it in the oven until the juices are bubbling. Meanwhile cook some pasta (I like angel hair) and finely chop some basil. Drain the pasta and mix it through the tomato and garlic mixture. Add the basil and some crumbled feta cheese and serve!! So yum!

*drool* That sounds so good.

I spent yesterday baking. I make about 100-150 cookies, a dozen butter tarts and a coconut cream pie. I love baking smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:53 pm
That's a LOT of cookies!!  

Doressa
Captain

IrishDanceMum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:58 pm
Oh now you guys are making me really hungry! One of our favorite crockpot roast recipes involves cranberry sauce and Guinness. I could pull it out, I suppose. Our kids even love it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:50 pm
IrishDanceMum
Oh now you guys are making me really hungry! One of our favorite crockpot roast recipes involves cranberry sauce and Guinness. I could pull it out, I suppose. Our kids even love it.

Oh please do! It sounds intruiging!  

Doressa
Captain

Ishimaru_Taiki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:13 am
Doressa

Let me know how your roast turns out.  
21+

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces