Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply 21+
Help The Guild! *Improvements/ Things you would like to see? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dakotarayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:43 am
This thread is for any member to post in. Is there anything you can think of we need as a guild? We are just starting up, and would like Ideas.
Any suggestions?
Please let us know.
Thanks very much  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:14 am
I would suggest some subforums, with general topics. Maybe one for intro threads so new people can come in and introduce themselves in their own post and we can all reply to it as well.

If there is interest I would be willing to run an RP in the guild as well, with the following setting.

Quote:

I've had an idea for a RPG for a while, but it is a little different from most. So I haven't found the right place for it, hopefull this will be it. Sorry it's taking so long to set up. I'm working on this during my breaks at work.

Rules
1) This is a literate game
2) No net speak
3) No killing or perment damage to other characters
4) No Godmoding
5) Normal Gaia Rules apply
6) No Cannon Characters
7) Rules are subject to change

If this game is popular enough and the mods are willing I will pony up the gold for a sub thread, so that it can become a location based .

Setting -
The small villige of 'Hart's Vale' is one of the last magically communities that remain in England. It is a thriving centre for trade and business within the magical community. The total population is currently sitting at about 400 people, and it's growing, which is a bit of a thorne in the side of the ministry who is worried about keeping the place a secret from the muggles. All of the things that you would see in a traditional english villiage can be found in Hart's Vale, plus all you can imagien that you would find in a Magical Village.

If you need information about the potter universe please check
http://www.hp-lexicon.org/

Backstory -
The game will take place a number of years after the events of the Harry Potter books. No one will really know what happened to He Who Must not be Named. Other then that there have been no confirmed sighting of him in many many years. As for what finally brought about his down fall most people just plain don't know. Sure there are many rumours the majority involve Harry Potter and his friends, who have also not been seen in many years.

Game Information -
You will take on the lives of the residents of Hart's Vale. Perhaps as a long time resident or someone who recently moved in to the community.
The game will focus on the lives of the residents of the town, Romance can spring up, events and mysterys can pop up from to time. I'll also be introducing other story lines over time.

Randilin

dakotarayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:51 am
One subforum bought... Anyone have any beef with buying another out of the guild account?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:08 am
I'd go with introductions, and just put a stickie post someplace say everyone can make there own thread and introduce themselves there...

but thats just my .2 cents  

Randilin

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:13 pm
dakotarayne
One subforum bought... Anyone have any beef with buying another out of the guild account?

Not at all! If need be, I'll donate for another subforum...  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:22 am
Lottery, avatar contests, mini shops  

texashammerhead

dakotarayne
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 5:05 am
Im going to need some help with that kind of stuff.. Ive never run anything like that. Any Ideas?  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:23 am
dakotarayne
Im going to need some help with that kind of stuff.. Ive never run anything like that. Any Ideas?

Neither have I, but I'm sure between us we can come up with something...

Maybe we could start with an avatar contest?  

Doressa
Captain

Doressa
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:29 pm
Yay! We have a new subforum!! We'll have to try to fill it with lots of fun things to do!  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:39 am
I've not run contests and such on Gaia- as I'm new here, but I'm in the middle of organizing.hosting a huge contest on another site where I mod (ponyisland.net) so I've some experience if you need any help.  

ActingSpirit

lucinda_girl

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:28 pm
Why are there so many broken images in this thread? What happened?

EDIT: Weird.  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:08 am
ActingSpirit
I've not run contests and such on Gaia- as I'm new here, but I'm in the middle of organizing.hosting a huge contest on another site where I mod (ponyisland.net) so I've some experience if you need any help.

That sounds great, as I'm possibly the most clueless person in the world with regard to all things computers!!

What kind of contest are you running there?  

Doressa
Captain

Prince Mykal

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:19 pm
Perhaps the Contest subforum should be renamed the Games subforum.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:45 am
Maybe you can have
Writing Area
Art Area
Random Topic area
Poll Subforum
(like people can just make polls and submit a vote, then give out their opinion, you make a rule not to fight, just give out an opinion, this also easy for people express themself and make money if they need to , at the same time)

btw, I'm new. smile  

PepsiCola22

21+

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas