Welcome to Gaia! ::

▶▷ My Four Seasons ◁◀

Back to Guilds

The guild associated to My Four Seasons! 

Tags: mylittlepony, ponies, pone, myfourseasons 

Reply ▶ Archives
A Bowl of Hot Soup (SCP) -over

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abeno Seimei
Crew

Magical Girl

8,575 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:51 am
SCP- 348 : Healing Soup

tab tab tab tab SCP - 348 is considered safe and even helpful to interact with.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Cow Morphed Earth Pony

Soup served by 348 is said to always taste delicious, especially to foals, and sometimes even taste like their parent's cooking. They will finish the bowl of soup given to them and if they eat the soup several times, they will express a feeling of contentment. They will not feel lonely, even if eating by themselves.

348 is looking for more recipes to try out. Use the form below to submit a soup or cold cure recipe to be entered for the raffle!

Raffle will be rolled on October 17th.

Rules
- Anyone but Seimei can enter.
- One entry per person.
- No Mules.

Form

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Recipe:[/b] [spoiler] --- [/spoiler]
[b]Notes:[/b]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:50 pm
Username: Reoakee
Recipe:
Vegetable Beef Soup
(Scroll below for full recipe)

Beef stew meat
Olive oil
Yellow onion
Carrots
Celery
Garlic
Canned tomatoes
Low-sodium beef broth or chicken broth
Dried herbs – basil, oregano, and thyme
Salt and pepper
Red potatoes
Green beans
Frozen corn and peas
Fresh parsley
Ingredients for Vegetable Beef Soup displayed

How to Make Vegetable Beef Soup
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Dab beef dry with paper towels, season with salt and pepper then add half of the beef and brown about 4 minutes, turning halfway through.

Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining half of beef.

Vegetable Beef Soup browning beef in pot in oil
Add another 1 Tbsp oil to now empty pot then add onions, carrots, and celery then saute 3 minutes, add garlic saute 1 minute longer.

Vegetable Beef Soup sauteing carrots onions celery and garlic in oil in pot

Pour in broth, tomatoes, browned beef, basil, oregano, thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, stirring once or twice throughout, for 30 minutes.

Vegetable Beef Soup adding beef broth tomatoes cooked beef and herbs to mixture in pot
Add potatoes then continue to simmer, covered, 20 minutes (you can also add green beans with potatoes if you like them very soft).

Add green beans and simmer 15 minutes longer, or until all of the veggies and beef are tender.

Vegetable Beef Soup adding diced potatoes to pot

Pour in corn and peas and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.

Notes: an online find  

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:22 am
Username: ~Twilight...Angel~
Recipe:

Peppermint Pinwheels
ACTIVE: 45 Minutes | Total: 4 hr & 10 min | Makes: about 36

2 cups all-purpose flour; plus more for dusting
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks (12 tbs) unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure peppermint extract
1/4 tsp red food coloring
1/4 tsp green food coloring
Coarse sugar, for decorating

1. Whisk the flour, baking powder, & salt in a med bowl. Beat the butter & granulated sugar in a lg bowl (it recommends a mixer on med-high speed) until light and fluffy (~3 mins for mixer). Add egg, vanilla, & peppermint extracts & beat till combined. Mix in the flour mixture (if using mixer, reduce speed to low, then increase) until well combined.

2. Divide the dough into 3. Use red coloring on 1, green on another, and keep last plain. Make sure to mix coloring in completely. Place each piece into a separate piece of plastic wrap and shape into ~4 inch squares. Refrigerate for at least 1 hr.

3. Lightly flour 1 piece; roll out between 2 pieces of parchment into 9 by 12 in rectangle. Repeat with each remaining. Refrigerate separate dough again till firm, ~30 min.

4. Carefully remove the top piece of parchment from each piece. Flip the plain onto the red; remove parchment from plain. Flip green onto plain, remove parchment. Cut in half crosswise. Roll up each half from long side into a tight log, use parchment to help. Move onto baking sheet, cover loosely w/ plastic wrap and refrigerate till firm, ~ 1 hr.

5. Preheat over to 350. Line baking sheets w/ parchment. Trim ends of each log; slice into 1/4 in. thick rounds & divide divide between baking sheets. Sprinkle w/ coarse sugar. Bake for ~ 12 - 15 min. Let cool for 10 min on sheet then transfer to racks to cool completely.

Notes: I love these cookies, recipe is from a Food Network magazine for the Holidays. And when I made it the second time, I actually dipped the bottoms into dark chocolate and didn't put the sugar on top. With the peppermint extract I've added about a whole tsp when I've made it and it's come out amazing.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:43 am
Username: purrrplekitty
Recipe:
Easy 30-Minute Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
INGREDIENTS:
.2 tablespoons olive oil
.1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced thin (about 1 1/2 large carrots)
.1 cup celery, sliced thin (about 2 stalks)
.1 cup sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, peeled and diced small (about 1 medium onion)
.2 garlic cloves, minced
.64 ounces (8 cups) low-sodium chicken broth, plus more if desired
.2 bay leaves
.1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
.1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
.1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
.12 ounces wide egg noodles (or your favorite noodles or pasta)
.2 cups shredded cooked chicken (use storebought rotisserie chicken to save time; or roast or cook your own chicken in a skillet)
.3 to 4 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
.1 tablespoon lemon juice, optional
salt, to taste
DIRECTIONS:
1.To a large Dutch oven or stockpot, add the oil and heat over medium-high heat to warm.
2.Add the carrots, celery, onion, and sauté for about 7 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir intermittently.
3.Add the garlic and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes.
4.Add the chicken broth, bay leaves, thyme, oregano, pepper, and bring to a boil. Allow mixture to boil gently for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender. Note – If you like brothier soup, add additional broth, possibly as much as an additional 64 ounces because as time passes the noodles will continue to absorb broth.
5.Add the egg noodles and boil mixture for about 10 minutes, or until noodles are soft and cooked through. At any time while making the soup, if the overall liquid level is lower than you like and you prefer more broth, adding a cup or two of water is okay. At the end you will adjust the salt level.
6.Add the chicken, parsley, optional lemon juice (brightens up the flavor), and boil 1 to 2 minutes, or until chicken is warmed through. Taste soup and add salt to taste. I added about 1 tablespoon but this will vary based on how salty the brand of chicken broth used is, how salty the rotisserie chicken is, and personal preference. Make any necessary seasoning adjustments (i.e. more salt, pepper, herbs, etc.), remove the bay leaves, and serve immediately. Soup will keep airtight in the fridge for 5 to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.

Notes: Found online  

purrrplekitty

Shy Kitten

Bouquet of Diamonds

Fantastic Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:02 am
Username: Bouquet of Diamonds
Recipe:
Crockpot crispy caramelized pork ramen noodle soup w/curry roasted acorn squash.

INGREDIENTS

SOUP

2-3 pounds pork shoulder roast or butt
4 cups low sodium chicken broth plus more of needed
1/4-1/2 cup + 2-4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce <--Use low sodium
1/4 cup + 2-4 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons fish sauce optional
2 tablespoons thai red curry paste
1 tablespoon fresh ginger
1 tablespoon sambal oelek chili paste, or to taste
The juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon Chinese five spice
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 cups wild mushrooms left whole - or button mushrooms, sliced
4 packs Ramen noodles seasoning packets discarded
4 soft boiled or fried eggs for serving
Chopped carrots sliced jalapenos, cilantro + green onions, for serving

CURRY ROASTED ACORN SQUASH

1 medium acorn squash seeded + diced
2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
1 tablespoon curry powder I use spicy curry
1 tablespoon white miso paste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

Add the pork to the bowl of a crockpot. Pour the chicken broth, 1/4-1/2 cup soy sauce (depending on your taste), 1/4 cup rice vinegar and fish sauce over the pork. Add the thai red curry paste, ginger, sambal oelek, juice of 1 lime, Chinese five spice powder, black pepper and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours (I recommend going low and slow).
About 40 minutes before you are ready to eat, roast the squash. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In a small bowl mix together the melted coconut oil, curry powder, miso, brown sugar and a good pinch of pepper. Add the cubed squash to a greased baking sheet and pour the curry mixture over the squash. Toss well. Bake for 30-40 minutes, tossing a couple of times during cooking. You want the squash to be lightly browned and crisp.
Meanwhile, remove the pork from the crockpot and add the mushrooms. Cover the crockpot and crank the heat up to high. Lightly shred the pork with two forks or your hands.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sesame oil. Once hot, add enough pork to cover just the surface of your skillet, do not over crowd the skillet. Sprinkle a little brown sugar over the pork, add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 2 tablespoons rice vinegar, toss. Allow the pork to caramelize, about 2 minutes. Stir and allow the pork to continue to caramelize, about 3-5 minutes total. Remove the pork from the skillet, repeat with the remaining pork. Keep the pork warm.
Add the Ramen noodles to the crockpot and allow them to cook 5 minutes. Once the noodles are cooked, stir in only half of the pork. Ladle the soup into bowls. Top with extra caramelized pork, curry roasted acorn squash and an egg. Season the egg with salt and pepper, Add the carrots, jalapeños, green onions and cilantro if desired. Happy slurping!

Notes: The picture may or may not have made me cry because of how beautiful it looks. Try it with an extra bit of cabbage!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:32 pm
Username: LoverofCreativity
Recipe:
Masala Chai

1 cup water
2 cups milk
4 large teaspoons of loose leaf black tea
Half teaspoon of ginger powder
Half teaspoon of cinnamin
Half teaspoon cardamom
Half teaspoon peppercorns
Half teaspoon cloves
Sugar

Steps
1. Bring water to a boil
2. Add the tea leaves to the pot let simmer for 2-3 minutes at low heat
3. Take all five spices crush them together and add them to the pot
4. Mix and let the ingredients simmer for 2-3 minutes
5. Add the 2 cups of milk and stir letting everything mix for 2 minutes
6. Add sugar to taste
7. Strain the Chai from the leaves and enjoy or let cool and add ice.

Homemade Indian tea recipes enough for 2 medium cups :  

lLuminl

Anxious Loiterer

11,700 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:48 pm
Username: Melomar
Recipe:

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion diced
2 large carrots diced
2 large celery ribs sliced
1 red pepper finely diced
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
6 cups chicken broth
6 oz . egg noodles
1 cup broccoli florets
2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley

Poultry seasoning
4 teaspoons ground sage
3 teaspoons ground thyme
1 teaspoon ground marjoram
2 teaspoon ground rosemary
1 ⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon white pepper

Chicken stock
1-2 whole chicken or turkey carcasses
1 onion halved
3 carrots
3 celery stalks
4 sprigs fresh parsley
2 sprigs each rosemary and thyme optional
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon black peppercorns
2 teaspoons salt
8-10 cups water

Chicken stock Instructions
Cut the onion, the carrots and the celery into quarters (include the tops of the carrots and celery if you have them)
Place carcass in a large pot and add vegetables, fresh herbs, bay leaves, peppercorns and salt. Cover with water.
Cover pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer partially covered for 3-4 hours skimming as needed.
Strain broth through a mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Discard bones and vegetables.
Refrigerate 4 days or freeze 2-3 months.

Chicken Noodle Soup Instructions
Heat olive oil in a pot over medium high heat.
Chop the onion and add to the pot. Continue adding veggies to the pot in order as you chop them except broccoli.
Cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
Stir in seasoning, broth and chicken. Bring to a boil, add noodles reduce heat to medium-high and cook until noodles are tender. Add in broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
Stir in parsley and remove bay leaf before serving.
https://www.spendwithpennies.com/homemade-chicken-noodle-soup/

Notes:  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:07 pm
Username: Avid_RPer18
Recipe:
Japanese Clear Onion Soup
Prep Time: 10 minutes / / Cook Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients
► 2 onions (diced)
► 6 cups vegetable broth
► 2 celery stalks (diced)
► 2 carrots (peeled and diced)
► 2 garlic cloves (minced)
► 1/2 tsp ginger (minced)
► 1 cup button mushrooms (very thinly sliced)
► 1/2 cup scallions (sliced)
► to taste salt and pepper
► to taste soy sauce
► to taste Sriracha

~~~~~~

Instructions
1.) Sauté the onions in a pot in a little bit of oil until slightly browned.
2.) Add the carrot, celery, garlic, and ginger and 6 cups of vegetable broth/water.
3.) Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
4.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5.) Strain the veggies from the broth.
6.) Add a handful of scallions and mushrooms to bowls. Ladle the soup on top.
7.) Add a splash of soy sauce and sriracha to taste.

Notes: An online find, but one of my go to soups when I'm feeling puny.  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:45 am
Username: belloblossom
Recipe:
Lazy Porridge Ramen
1 Packet of Top Ramen ( I use Chicken, but it's flexible.)
2 1/2 cups of water
A lot of patience, or the spacey-ness that comes with being tired/sick.

To make Lazy Porridge Ramen, pour two cups of water into a small saucepan and leave it on the stovetop to boil. If you are properly spaced out, you will need the extra cup (despite the top ramen recipe on the package calling for one cup) because you may forget you have something boiling on the stove and will need the extra cup of water when you remember it.

Once it comes to a boil, put in the ramen and let it cook... and cook. Oh hey, there's a new 30m video from one of your favorite YouTubers, better watch that.

Wait, what were you doing? Oh! There's only half a cup of water in the pot now, better add in an extra 1/2 cup and let it get to a boil again. Check in an estimated 3-5 minutes.

You can now remove your ramen from the stove top to the counter and add in the flavor packet. Man, your ramen looks more like porridge. You really didn't think it was cooking for that long. Eh, it tastes good and goes down easy. Cooking complete!

Notes: An improved way of cooking Top Ramen. Good as a late night/early morning snack and when you're recovering from a cold.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:48 am
Username: Ruler of Everything
Recipe:

Chicken and Dumplings

Ingredients:
  • 1 (32-oz.) container low-sodium chicken broth
  • 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 1/2 lb.)
  • 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
  • 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 1 (10.2-oz.) can refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 3 celery ribs, diced

Directions:
    [1]Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; return to a low boil.
    [2]Place biscuits on a lightly floured surface. Roll or pat each biscuit to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
    [3]Drop strips, 1 at a time, into boiling broth mixture. Add carrots and celery. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking.

Notes: Found online! Have made tons of times, it is downright delicious and reheats very well! Planning on making this week, actually. Would recommend cutting the strips into smaller squares, as the dough tends to absorb a lot of the liquid and get quite large.

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:54 pm
Username: Niyaru Delacroix
Recipe:
-Deer Chili-
1 pack (I'm thinking its a pound?) of deer meat
1 package of ground beef
1 sweet onion
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of tomato juice
1 pack of chili mix

I brown the meat first but while the meat is browning I start to boil the tomato juice with the chopped sweet onion and beans. Once the meat is browned I add it to the juice and then add the chili packet. It's so simple but so delicious emotion_kirakira

Notes: I loved eating this a lot when I was younger and my grandpa was a hunter. Since he passed away I wasn't able to eat it anymore because I couldn't get my hands on any deer meat. Since I've moved to Michigan, I discovered that my neighbor hunts and even more then that, they gave me 2 packs of meat they had frozen! I am making it this weekend and am so excited!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:36 am
Username: Hattaki
Recipe:

Caramelized Apple Onion Soup

* 2 pounds sweet yellow onions, sliced 1/8" thin
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 4 Granny Smith apples
* 2 1/2 cups apple cider
* 1 quart vegetable broth, I used Pacific
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1/2 cup light cream
* 3/4 tsp kosher salt and white pepper, to taste
* optional garnish a drizzle of light cream

1. In a Dutch oven, or heavy stock pot, melt the butter and oil over medium heat, then add the onions and sauté until the onions caramelize and become golden in color, stirring occasionally, about 55 minutes, depending on your pan and the flame. You may want to reduce the heat to medium-low half way through to prevent them from burning.
2. While the onions are cooking, peel, core and chop the apples.
3. When the onions are ready add the apples and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add the apple cider to deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan.
5. Increase heat and bring to a boil, cook until the cider reduces, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the garlic and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer gently 30 minutes.
7. Add cream and simmer low 10 minutes.
8. Puree in a blender in batches or using an immersion blender. Adjust seasoning with salt & white pepper.

Notes: Best thing ever for a cold.  

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:45 pm
Username: SSBrosB
Recipe:
Honey Lemon Ginger Tea
Ingredients:
1-inch fresh ginger root (no need to peel it)
1 cup water (boiling)
1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
1 tablespoon honey (raw, unpasteurized)
Optional: 1 shot whiskey

Steps:
1. Gather the ingredients.
2. Grate the ginger into a teapot, medium bowl or large measuring cup.
3. Pour 1 cup boiling water over the ginger and let it steep for 3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, put the lemon juice and the honey in a large mug.
5. Strain the ginger tea into the mug.
6. Stir to dissolve the honey, taste, and add more honey or lemon juice if you like.
7. Serve hot.

Notes: Found online  
Abeno Seimei generated a random number between 1 and 12 ... 10!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:42 am
1 reoakee
2 ~Twilight...Angel~
3 purrplekitty
4 Bouquet of Diamonds
5 loverofcreativity
6 Melomar
7 Avid_RPer18
8 belloblossom
9 Ruler of Everything
10 Niyaru Delacroix
11 Hattaki
12 SSBrosB  

Abeno Seimei
Crew

Magical Girl

8,575 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Abeno Seimei
Crew

Magical Girl

8,575 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:44 am
Thanks everyone for playing! I will be posting some of your recipes to the recipe chat on our discord since its that time of year again!

Niyaru Delacriox

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

▶ Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games