Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] From one hybrid to another (Meera & Mongol)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

While she could never see herself tied down in one place, the Pridelands were as close to a home as was possible in Meera's books. It probably helped that she had family who lived here, but it was also just their way of life. The pride had always been so accepting of her coming and going and it was such a centralized place; it was easy to return to when needed.

Tail flicking behind her, the cheeton meandered through the tall grass; almost aimlessly, considering how she kept veering this way and that, but still relatively in a straight line. Her thoughts were on the strange area she'd passed on her way in. There were massive holes everywhere, and the smell of stale blood, though mostly faded, still lingered in some places.

It made her shiver.... and worry. She hoped everyone was okay.

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She broke off from the hunting party as she normally did. Mongol loved to wander the lands outside of the prides for the better part of the day before coming back. Call it her curious nature, but she liked to sniff out any visitors, welcomed or not, that were around.

It wasn't safe, going off from the party with what happened to the pride. They were still finding visitors and Mongol herself was sporting a sprained ankle on her back foot. Did she let it stop her? No. She continued on and made her way through some of the worst of the damage to her pride.

Her home was wrecked. It still smelled of blood, though old and dried, and it sent all kinds of uneasy feelings through her.

She stopped at one of the fissures int he ground and sat at it's edge, tail flicking this way and that as she continued to think.

"What did we do to anger the gods?" She asked herself, head sinking down. She might still be on the move, but these scars were always going to make her heart hurt. She just knew it.
MangoMeow

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:22 am
The cheeton paused in her gait as she heard the voice. That sounded fairly close by, she noted as she turned -- and lo and behold, there was indeed someone perched above one of the holes from before.

With a happy skip, she started making her way closer, opening her mouth to say a greeting, but paused when she noticed the sad look on her face. Oh... she didn't look like she was doing too great. Maybe just running up wasn't a good idea.

.... But when had Meera ever listened to such advise?

Still, she approached a bit more quietly this time, albeit with enough noise to hopefully show that she was there.

"Hello!" she said with a smile, "Are you okay?"

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:55 am
Her head snapped up to the voice that she didn't immediately recognize, only to see it belonged to a face she didn't recognize. A growl built up in the leopon's throat but she swallowed it back. No, Mongol, no. This girl had clearly come in a friendly way.

"I'm.." She looked back to the mess ahead of her. "I'm one of the lucky ones." That's all she really could say on the matter.

"My injury is very minor compared to some. I don't... think my family is bad off, considering."

MangoMeow

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:20 pm
One of... the lucky ones? Oh, that didn't sound good. With a worried frown, Meera padded a bit closer and then sat down, growing concern etched across her face.

"Did something happen? I travel around a lot, but I was here visiting my own family just a little while ago...." Or, well, it felt like it had only been a short time ago that she had been here, but in that time, she'd had a litter of cubs, had visited the Bahari, had done so many things.... Come to think of it, it really had been a while.

The cheeton itched to see her dad now, wanted to make sure he was okay, but she couldn't just leave someone high and dry like that. Turning back to her, she continued, "Even if it's minor, an injury still hurts."

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:18 am
"I think the gods are mad. There's just been so much... so many weird and bad things that have been happening." Mongol sighed hard and looked at her fellow hybrid, smiling at her a little.

"Anyway. Uh. Let's get on happier things. I don't like this depressing talk. My name is Mongol!" The pale hybrid fluffed up all proud like. "Are you going to be moving to the Pridelands?"

MangoMeow

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:03 pm
Meera watched her, worried, for a moment longer, before smiling back as she introduced herself. "I'm Meera!"

She paused at her question and then answered with a hum, "No. At least, not for the foreseeable future." She grinned bashfully, "But this is like a home to me. My father -- and all of my family on his side -- live here, and they've been so welcoming, despite me coming and going." She hoped that they were all alright.

The cheeton shook her head, "I'd actually had news for him. It's part of why I was heading back here." She perked up, practically glowing at the idea of making a new friend in the Pridelands, "I take it you live here too? How have you been liking it?"

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:23 am
"I was born and raised here," Mongol replied with a calm grin. "My mother came here when she was a bit younger, and then had me and my siblings. There's a few of us. Some aren't even hybrids," she whispered like it was some kind of secret. "But I like it here. It's peaceful, but not without it's share of problems.."

This made her sigh, but shrugged. There was always the Outlands to watch, to see if they ever tried to come claim the Pridelands again.

"I honestly couldn't imagine a better pride out there. But I do want to explore the area outside of the pride. What's it like?"

MangoMeow

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:10 pm
To be honest, spacey as she could be, Meera hadn't even realized that she was a hybrid like her. So she gave a startled but excited grin back at that, but then frowned a bit at the next part. She had still been a young adolescent the last time she was here, and hadn't noticed the problems that Mongol had spoken of. Clearly though, she had a lot to catch up on.

Something for another day. Right now, she wanted to focus on distracting from said problems.

The cheeton hummed in thought as she thought back to her exploits so far. "Sometimes the same, sometimes SUPER different. I've seen beaches and the ocean -- which has SOOOOO much water, it's crazy! And deserts where there's no water, but the people there are kind of stingy on who can enter, so I couldn't see too much of that."

She tilted her head, "It's really diverse, with a lot of different people."

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:29 pm
Mongol's eyes widened as the other spoke of the world outside the pride. The pale one's grin just grew wider and wider until she laughed and bounced on all four of her paws.

"Ugh! This just makes me want to go and explore!" Leaving home was not an option for her. Not without good reason and 'wanting to explore' wasn't good enough for her. Maybe if the right male came along an convinced her, but by herself? Absolutely not.

A desert she'd heard of, the pride in it as well. She'd heard of those desert lions attacking anyone who got remotely close to their pride. The guards here probably did the same, though. It was a bit of an odd thing to think about, really. Most who lived here associated the Pridelands with peace despite it being full of lions and the likes.

"So, what was your favorite place?"

MangoMeow

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:50 am
She paused at that question, taking a minute to just think about it. Honestly, she loved all of the places she'd gone to so far. The beach and ocean were so warm and open, the swamps and marshes had been so exotic, and there were so many vast cultures (like the Skiringssal) that left her head spinning with her information. She was hoping that her next venture would take her to some of the colder climates she'd heard of, which surely would be just as fun.

But her favorite place to go to.... was probably when she returned to the Pridelands. She grew up in a savanna with her mother, had spent her teenage years here with her father, and when it came down to it, she always loved to return here during her off time. Plus, she'd recently gotten the idea of making a home base for herself. She wasn't sure where yet, but perhaps somewhere close to the Pridelands.

"I'm not really sure. They were all so colorful and exciting to see," Meera hummed in thought, "but honestly, I'd have to say the Pridelands. It's the closest I've got to a home." She paused with a laugh, "Though the beach is probably a close second. It's so nice there!"

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:24 pm
The longer Meera took to answer, the more impatient the other hybrid grew. Mongol squirmed a little in anticipation, her tail flicking one way then the other in a rather excited way. It was almost as if she was a cub that just couldn't sit still. Excited about their birthday or something.

"Yeah, this place is honestly paradise."

She didn't know any better, but it was true. When she pictured any place she'd heard about, it didn't quite compare to her homelands.

"Well, if you're staying here tonight, we should head back to the den area soon." Glancing up at the sky, Mongol noticed it was growing more orange and pink, which meant the sun would be setting soon.

MangoMeow

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:21 pm
At Mongol's words, Meera looked up as well and blinked back at the setting sun. The day sure had passed quickly, but she supposed that she'd been traveling for most of the day. At least she'd run into someone, and even better, it was someone new!

With a smile, the cheeton nodded her head, "That sounds great to me! I can tell you more while we walk, if you want?" She felt like she'd found a kindred spirit in the other hybrid, and she certainly wouldn't mind chatting about her adventures so far.

Turning, she looked for the familiar large rock they called Pride Rock. "This way, right?" And then, not really waiting for an answer, she started trotting in it's direction.

Peppermint Coffee
Fin either here or with the next post? :3

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces