Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Question about avatar (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DefenceTree

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:22 am
Loving it so far. When I joined I was given a choice of three avatars and I picked this one. I am now wondering how do I change my avatar to I can style is a bit better with hair and skin tone and all those bits (this is before we add items too it)

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:31 pm
Hi, I'm still new to Gaia myself but I think I can answer your question. You can equip/unequip items from your avatar by either clicking on your avatar near the top of the screen or by clicking on "My Gaia" -> "Avatar". You can get new things for your avatar either from the different shops in the shop directory or, after you get a trade pass, from the Marketplace.

The shop "Skin Tyte" offers different skin tones for sale and the shop "Salon Durem" offers different hair styles and eye types for sale. Items on the marketplace might also let you change your skin tone, hair, or eyes.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, I'll try my best to answer c:  

MelancholyMint

Cluttered Fairy

15,725 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:15 am
DefenceTree
Loving it so far. When I joined I was given a choice of three avatars and I picked this one. I am now wondering how do I change my avatar to I can style is a bit better with hair and skin tone and all those bits (this is before we add items too it)

MelancholyMint covered all the basics very well. I'm just gonna ramble on a bit. ;3

From the shops tab, you'll find a bunch of .. shops.
Salon Durem - You can buy new eyes and hair here. The changes will be made instantly (after you purchase the hair or eyes).

Skin Tyte - Here's where you can change your skin tone. This shop is slightly harder to navigate than the salon since it contains many other items too. Look for potions.
The human potions will change your skin color.
There are also a few other potions that will change the shape of your base (vampire, orc, elf, etc). If you buy and use any of those potions, buying a human potion will return you back to human.

To change your base, buy a potion from Skin Tyte. The potion will appear in the special tab of your inventory. If/when you buy a potion, go to the special tab, click the item and click "use item" to change your base.

You can do a quick preview of a lot of these Skin Tyte potions from the Avatar Builder. In the bottom right hand corner, where it says "select base" are all the bases that you can buy potions for.
(The 3 animal bases can be switched to at any time from your dress up screen)
(The Avatar Builder can be accessed from My Gaia > Avatar Builder. It's an easy way to preview items and put some combinations together before you buy everything.)

You can change your default mouth style from the dress up screen. There are four buttons below the avatar. The 3rd one has two faces. Click it and the mouth options will appear. (box 1 lets you sit/stand, box 2 rotates frontwards and backwards and box 4 changes arm position.)

Click the spoiler tag for some extra stuff.

From there, the answer gets more convoluted because a lot of users use items to change their eyes and hair and skin color. Most users don't use Salon hair or eyes. Most users have on some items that change their hair, eyes, face, etc.
So, when it comes to looking more like other users on the site, you'll eventually buy some items like:
User Image User Image User Image
(click each picture. They will link you to the marketplace listing of those items. Click "try it on" to see what the item looks like and get an idea that those types of items exist. The marketplace is where you can buy items that other users have put up for sale. ...When you want to get into buying items from the marketplace, XD come to us to ask for tips. I was about to ramble on about that here too.)
The advantage of items is that you can buy them and keep using them whenever you want.
It's a lot nicer than buying a new hairstyle from the salon every time you want to change it.

It is totally overwhelming at first, don't worry. It all becomes easy to navigate once you've been here for a bit. n -n

Edit; Aha. I've also got this typed up here. It's basically what we already said.
(It also lacks pictures because Photobucket ate them. I need to re-upload them eventually...)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:35 am
MelancholyMint
Hi, I'm still new to Gaia myself but I think I can answer your question. You can equip/unequip items from your avatar by either clicking on your avatar near the top of the screen or by clicking on "My Gaia" -> "Avatar". You can get new things for your avatar either from the different shops in the shop directory or, after you get a trade pass, from the Marketplace.

The shop "Skin Tyte" offers different skin tones for sale and the shop "Salon Durem" offers different hair styles and eye types for sale. Items on the marketplace might also let you change your skin tone, hair, or eyes.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, I'll try my best to answer c:

Thank you so much!  

DefenceTree

DefenceTree

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:37 am
sdrawkcab
DefenceTree

MelancholyMint covered all the basics very well. I'm just gonna ramble on a bit. ;3

From the shops tab, you'll find a bunch of .. shops.
Salon Durem - You can buy new eyes and hair here. The changes will be made instantly (after you purchase the hair or eyes).

Skin Tyte - Here's where you can change your skin tone. This shop is slightly harder to navigate than the salon since it contains many other items too. Look for potions.
The human potions will change your skin color.
There are also a few other potions that will change the shape of your base (vampire, orc, elf, etc). If you buy and use any of those potions, buying a human potion will return you back to human.

To change your base, buy a potion from Skin Tyte. The potion will appear in the special tab of your inventory. If/when you buy a potion, go to the special tab, click the item and click "use item" to change your base.

You can do a quick preview of a lot of these Skin Tyte potions from the Avatar Builder. In the bottom right hand corner, where it says "select base" are all the bases that you can buy potions for.
(The 3 animal bases can be switched to at any time from your dress up screen)
(The Avatar Builder can be accessed from My Gaia > Avatar Builder. It's an easy way to preview items and put some combinations together before you buy everything.)

You can change your default mouth style from the dress up screen. There are four buttons below the avatar. The 3rd one has two faces. Click it and the mouth options will appear. (box 1 lets you sit/stand, box 2 rotates frontwards and backwards and box 4 changes arm position.)

Click the spoiler tag for some extra stuff.

From there, the answer gets more convoluted because a lot of users use items to change their eyes and hair and skin color. Most users don't use Salon hair or eyes. Most users have on some items that change their hair, eyes, face, etc.
So, when it comes to looking more like other users on the site, you'll eventually buy some items like:
User Image User Image User Image
(click each picture. They will link you to the marketplace listing of those items. Click "try it on" to see what the item looks like and get an idea that those types of items exist. The marketplace is where you can buy items that other users have put up for sale. ...When you want to get into buying items from the marketplace, XD come to us to ask for tips. I was about to ramble on about that here too.)
The advantage of items is that you can buy them and keep using them whenever you want.
It's a lot nicer than buying a new hairstyle from the salon every time you want to change it.

It is totally overwhelming at first, don't worry. It all becomes easy to navigate once you've been here for a bit. n -n

Edit; Aha. I've also got this typed up here. It's basically what we already said.
(It also lacks pictures because Photobucket ate them. I need to re-upload them eventually...)

Again thank you - this is most helpful!
Now to see what I can try and make.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:53 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
DefenceTree

Glad you found what you were looking for and welcome to gaia and the NSTG smile
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items