Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanonymous

Back to Guilds

Anon and Fan appreciation and community 

Tags: anon, fans, gaia, writing, gift giving 

Reply Fanonymous
The Time has Come (RP/Puzzle/Anoning) [Open!] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Charming Anon

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:54 pm
"Charles Diogenes Comyn."

It was his name being whispered on the wind. Charlie sighed a sound of preparation, remorse and promise. The call of his name meant it was time once again to venture back to his mountain and renew himself.

Every year he heard the call, and since coming to Gaia, he'd found a traveling companion. Someone who made the trip easier. Someone to share the adventure and story with.

"This year," he thought, "This year is different. I should invite everyone to come."

So the slyph, the avatar of the West Wind, a hand of death, and an anon known to his friends as Charming, sent a call out to friends old and new. An invitation to join him on the quest. He knew ahead lay the adventure of a lifetime.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:12 pm
How to Participate

Charlie has invited you to join him on his yearly pilgrimage for renewal. Meet up with him and help him get to the top of his mountain before he dissipates and has to reform a physical body.

Each day, there will be a new challenge to face. Monsters, puzzles, traveling disasters...this rp has it all. Players will have the freedom to solve the problems that come up in any way they choose. Many will have set solutions, some will not, but any answer that helps Charlie continue his journey is the correct one.

Charlie will also be sending out anons to participants in this thread (even if you just chat ooc) with clues to his true identity. And by that I mean me, the writer. I have decided to retire Charming as I am moving into a new chapter of my life and won't have time to anon like I once did. Since I'm leaving, I'm going with a scorched earth approach. Charming's not an anon if everyone knows my main! Right? Right.

Charlie's last day on Gaia will be 8/24/15. So I'm relying on you all to be smart enough to figure it out in 9 days. Use your brains! Work together! Ask Charlie for help if you're stuck. I will let you know when you've figured out a clue.

Charming Anon

Dapper Duck

Charming Anon

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:13 pm
The Clues so Far

Day 1

Gift: Inverted Red L Blox

Posted Clues:

Puzzle 2: Stone or Steel, I have but one tooth, yet still my bite is deadly

Puzzle 4: 10 Letters

Puzzle 4: The King of one cent

Day 2

Gift: Alien Mask

Posted Clues:

Puzzle 2: 5 letters

Puzzle 2: a follows e, but there is no c

Puzzle 3: 6 letters

Puzzle 5 clue: Henry Padovani

Day 3

Gift: Mantis Mask

Posted Clues:

Puzzle 1 clue: 6 letters

Puzzle 5: Of Coursica

Puzzle 2: Zeus's were said to be made of lightning

Puzzle 3 clue: I am an artist who works only in white
Although critics might call me a blight

Day 4

Gift: Light Green Juggling Ball

Puzzle 3: There are others in the group with me
But I am colder than the other three

Puzzle 1: Sometimes I'm a bell, but I do not ring.

Puzzle 2: This pole weapon is used both in war and in fishing

Puzzle 5 Clue: Canta U Populu Corsu

Day 5

Gift: Amethyst Galaxy Grenade

Puzzle 3: My time comes to an end with an Equinox

Puzzle 3: I am often called Old Man

Puzzle 4 Clue: Give me a Leonard Cohen afterworld
So I can sigh eternally
I'm so tired I can't sleep
I'm a liar and a thief

Puzzle 1: Though neither a chilly or a bell type, My fruit when dried is called a corn.

Puzzle 3: I am the time when Demeter weeps

Puzzle 4: This word contains 2 'n's next to each other.

Day 6

Gift: Cool Starter Pirate Pants

Day 7

Gift: Emerald Oberon Armlets

Guesses
Incorrect guesses are crossed out

Puzzle 1: Pepper
Puzzle 2: Zues's d**k Bolts Sword Spear
Puzzle 3: Winter
Puzzle 4: Abraham Lincoln Pennyroyal
Puzzle 5: Coursican

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:17 pm
Q & A

Since Charlie is leaving, the floor is open to has him (or the writer) questions! This is the last chance to learn what you've always wanted to know about Charlie's story, his relationships or his opinions on political candidates! (Why would you want to know that though.)

This is a space for keeping track of the questions that have been asked and the answers.

Answers that make figuring out Charlie's true identity too easy will be saved and answered on the 24th.

Gigi of the Ribbons asks: Did you get that note I wrote after the last anon before this you sent me?

I did! I thought I responded to it, Orz. It was lovely and I'm honored to have inspired such a sad and sweet story.

Minty Andee asks: (I)f we have a guess about what the clues are, should we...like...do what? Quote you? Share them? Tattoo them on our foreheads?

Post guesses in the thread so you can find out if they're correct or not, once a puzzle has been solved, the solution will be posted here. There are 5 puzzles in all and clues will be sent out until someone makes a correct guess on the puzzle.

Whispering Minstrel asks: Is your main a member of the guild?

Yes.

Charming Anon

Dapper Duck

Charming Anon

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:26 pm
The Beginning

Charlie waited in a tavern in the town before the forest at the foot of his mountain. It was a traditional place to begin adventures, and a convenient gathering spot for all the people he'd invited to come with him.

It was early in the day yet, not to many locals. The stew that would be dinner simmered in the roaring fire despite the summer heat.

Charlie leaned against the counter and sipped a sage and lemon twilsey from his leather jack, watching the door and ready to greet whomever showed up.

(RP is open, you may post!)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:34 pm
Minty walked into the tavern, her eyes took a minute for her eyes to adjust to the light. The heat from outdoors was bad, but the heat inside with the fire going? Worse. Clearly Charming was trying to murder her. Clearly.

She spotted her prey host leaned up against the bar. Nerd. That was probably his special leather jack too. The blonde slid onto a stool next to him and indicated she'd like to order to the barman.

"What's up?" Minty greeted Charming, "Call me out in the middle of nowhere just to get drunk?"

Minty Andee

Shameless Nerd

Gigi of the Ribbons
Crew

Cuddly Sweetheart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:38 pm
The tavern door gets opened in probably the most timid fashion such a place had ever had to bear witness to. A pair of grey eyes peeked in before the blue elf entered in her nervous, spooks like a bunny way. Sudden loud laughter made her jump and skitter up to the bar. "Kyu!" Good thing she ended up in a huddled cringe next to who she had come here to find. Still looking a bit shakey, she peered up at Charming. "Th-this is an um interesting place. I-I hope I'm not late."

(You can have my actual rp posts for this. ;w;
Apologies in advance if I can't be here often on the weekend, work and all. I enjoy this character thoroughly so I didn't want to miss this. )  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:08 pm
The Prince rocked into the tavern fairly early compared to everyone else it seemed. Damn, he was hoping to show up late.
He hadn't changed since the afterparty and was actually feeling rather cold, so Xavier tried to stay near the fire that was burning steadily to the side, giving the place a lovely smell of burning wood that clung to his clothes immediately.

He waved at Charming, "Hey, see you later and all, I'm not really bothered about you leaving I just thought everyone would be here to say goodbye so I can't miss that."

The Rose Prince Anon
Captain

Desirable Sex Symbol

Charming Anon

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:50 pm
Minty Andee

Charlie raised an eyebrow in surprise when Minty was the first to enter the tavern. She was never one to mince words.

"Actually, I called you to accompany on a journey home. The drunk part is optional."

He shook his head. Some people.

Gigi of the Ribbons

Gigi was the next to appear, huddling beside him at the bar. He resisted the urge to pet her like a kitten.

"You're right on time. Maybe even early. Thank you for coming, Gigi."

The Rose Prince Anon

...and then Prince walked in. Well then. If the adventure wasn't going to be interesting before, it was now with the way this party was forming up.

"Oh no, of course not. Still glad you came. Even if it wasn't for me."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Charming Anon

(Gonna wait to give others a chance to show up before responding, but wanted to post my anon/clue smile

Day 1

Puzzle 4: 10 Letters

You arrived in the tavern, all puff and bluster. Everyone knows when you arrive. And no one can escape your conversation. Drawing stories out of even the shyest of Gaians.

I remember when we first met. Locking eyes and knowing each other for what we are. Ours is a relationship I share with very few. Though strange to those on the outside, inseparable friends even if we can always find something to argue about.

This journey might even be impossible without you.

~Charming

Minty Andee

Shameless Nerd

AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

Otherworldly Specter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:00 pm
If any chill to the air could be found, a certain smokey male was probably the cause. Seeming as usual to simply suddenly be there, he let his gaze shift over the ones already assembled till his eyes settled on Charming.
"It seems you get up to quite the interesting activities, Charlie my dear. I hope the addition of a colder presence to your party will be acceptable."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:47 pm
Quote:

Puzzle 2 Clue:

Stone or Steel, I have but one tooth, yet still my bite is deadly

Hesitant and shy, you came into the tavern. The new place, the new situation changing your sunny optimism to blushing shyness. I could tell you were over coming fear, and it only made me all the more glad you had come. The road ahead of us is long and it is good to know I'll be travelling it with a friend.

I know your love of tea, so I order you a chilled lemon and mint twilsey while we wait for the others to arrive. No leaves in this drink, but the combination of barley, lemon and mint is just the thing on a hot summer day.

I hope our last adventure is a good one,
Charming

(Have a clue, and thank you. What a sweet heart to get a drink for a friend~ Of course I came, wouldn't miss it. You know I always aim to please~
I do have a question for you. Did you get that note I wrote after the last anon before this you sent me? It was like a tiny story, smaller than short. )  

Gigi of the Ribbons
Crew

Cuddly Sweetheart

Charming Anon

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:48 pm
AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly

"T-tobias!"

Charlie's tongue faltered in the presence of the one who made his heart beat faster,

"Of course, I-"

Charlie swallowed trying to wrestle the control of his tongue away from his feelings,

"I'm so happy you've come."

That was all he could manage. Lame. Although Charlie's cheeks did manage a champion blush.

Gigi of the Ribbons
Minty Andee
The Rose Prince Anon

Taking a look around the tavern at the party gathered there, Charlie took a breath, bracing himself.

"Ragtag" was a word that slipped easily to his mind. He shelled out a few gold to pay for the party's drinks, (it was only polite, he was the one who invited them) and stood to address the group:

"Thank you all for coming. The plan is to go from here through the dark wood. From there the path should lead up the easy side of the mountain. This is what it should do, but there is always a test. There must always be a test. So please, be on your guards. Stay on the path, beware of dragons and always treat any crones you meet with the utmost respect."

Charlie ticked the points off on his fingers. That should cover it. Most of it was all fairy-tale stuff, but he was constantly surprised by how often things that everyone knows can be more dangerous than the unknown.

"So if you're ready, let us be underway."

(to those who are just now joining the rp, please feel free to meet us on the road!)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:15 pm
Charming Anon
AlwaysFadingAwaySlowly
Gigi of the Ribbons
The Rose Prince Anon

So it wasn't the actual party party Minty had expected, but an actual honest-to-goodness adventuring party. She idly wondered if she should have brought her dice. The blonde finished her drink and made ready to go. Sure, she and Charming didn't always get along in the strictest meaning of the word, but that didn't mean she was going to mess this up for him.

(My Clue! emotion_kirakira
Day 2

Puzzle 2 clue: 5 letters

You know, you were there. The first time event I stepped into anon shoes. I think you were much different then, but so was I. To see you rise, become who you are today. What a difference.

I hope to see you continue to grow, even as my story comes to an end.

~Charming

Also OH MY GOSH. Stop being so dramatic. I'm gonna cry. TT^TT)

Minty Andee

Shameless Nerd

Charming Anon

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:18 pm
Minty Andee

(Don't you dare cry.

If you start crying, I'll start crying, and then where will we be?

emotion_8c )

Fanonymous

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces