Welcome to Gaia! ::

~The Gaian Wedding Chapel Incorporated~ [?]

Back to Guilds

Celebrate or get Married on Gaia in style, while having fun, and at a low cost! 

Tags: Wedding, Chapel, Party, Events, Planning 

Reply ღ The Main Foyer ღ [Applications Go Here! | Open]
Questions Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l noodles l

Crew

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:15 pm
There has been some confusion going around and I have a few questions I'd like addressed for myself and for new members. If anyone has something to add feel free.

1. What is our planned date of re-opening?
2. What do we want done before that?
3. What is the purpose of this guild?
4. Are we changing the name as was proposed?
5. What crew members are still active and what jobs are they doing?
6. Do we have mods?
7. What is going to be done with all the dead threads everywhere?
8. Can any crew member help out? I would like guidelines for jobs and things
9. Can we have a crew meeting soon?
10. If yes, what time is best for everyone?
11. Why exactly did the guild die before?
12. How invested is everyone in getting the guild back up?

Note: I know everything is still early stages but nothing can be done until the foundation is finished and it would be nice to hear more from our leaders 3nodding

Edits: I just added the meeting questions >_< I'm good for any time after noon EST and before 3am btw  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:20 pm
Lewd Fruitington

angelababy107

Saiuri Kamiya

The Lady Cupcake

Caimbrie

FrozenHeartofMine

HimeGrim

Zeus_Light

lace_of_queens

Geeky-The-Vixen

YourLongLostSenpai

Queen Ava De Archleone

Empress Valezka Vamraak

l noodles l

Crew

Tiny Trickster

HimeGrim
Crew

Interesting Shapeshifter

8,965 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:41 pm
Miss Exorcist
There has been some confusion going around and I have a few questions I'd like addressed for myself and for new members. If anyone has something to add feel free.

6. Do we have mods?
9. Why exactly did the guild die before?
10. How invested is everyone in getting the guild back up?

Note: I know everything is still early stages but nothing can be done until the foundation is finished and it would be nice to hear more from our leaders 3nodding

I can answer that last one for sure. I am incredibly investing into getting this guild back up gaia_kittenstar  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:47 pm
HimeGrim
Miss Exorcist

6. Do we have mods?

I can answer that last one for sure. I am incredibly investing into getting this guild back up gaia_kittenstar

same! I'm really excited about it coming back yum_puddi I assume everyone else is too but I want them to say it so they can't back out ninja  

l noodles l

Crew

Tiny Trickster

Queen Ava De Archleone
Crew

Wealthy Businesswoman

6,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:53 pm
Miss Exorcist
HimeGrim
Miss Exorcist

6. Do we have mods?

same! I'm really excited about it coming back yum_puddi I assume everyone else is too but I want them to say it so they can't back out ninja

Indeed darling, I am ever so excited to see all of the greatest and most pressing questions specified and discussed openly. You have summed up this entire matter in a nut shell. heart heart heart biggrin heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Those are some great questions you have asked Miss Exorcist. It's great to see this guild is becoming more active again. I know alot of us is looking forward to getting busy to plan some big wedding/party events for the community. The guild owner has been busy lately but i'm sure they're planning to get us together soon to start getting everything in order. I don't really have anything else to add to your list of questions that is a great summary of all of our concerns.  

Empress Vamraak
Crew

Tipsy Sex Symbol

15,725 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Small Blind 100
  • Threadmaster 200

Houkyou
Vice Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:35 am
Miss Exorcist

Didn't realize I was quoted, but I'll answer this to the best of my knowledge.

1. What is our planned date of re-opening? As we are starting smaller and are working our way up, there is no concrete date. We don't know how long this will take, factoring in crew availability, feedback and the means it takes to restore said guild back to its former days. If all goes lucky, I am actually hoping sometime mid summer.

2. What do we want done before that? I've already seen a feedback thread going as well as the planners I saw are doing their own thing. Mister and I usually clean up the forums, dust off the mules, reformat the chapel and surrounding houses we own as well as fine tune anything else (such as graphics.) Right now, I would like for everyone to keep sending in suggestions as it is from these pool of ideas that we'll form our re-opening type. More information on that later.

3. What is the purpose of this guild? Many people should kinda know this by now, but we offer wedding services as well as other features (small parties, birthday parties, ect) to those in need. We also offer jobs to gaians and in exchange for that are paid for their hard work and dedication.

4. Are we changing the name as was proposed? That is still up in the air, but I would personally rather keep it. We have so many accolades that changing the name would seem rather futile. It is the name that people have come to know for so long. Then again, as stated, that is only my opinion.

5. What crew members are still active and what jobs are they doing? That was recently released in the latest announcement. Veteran members currently hold Leadership status.

6. Do we have mods? We used to, but I'm not too sure they're considered mods anymore.

7. What is going to be done with all the dead threads everywhere? I'll be taking care of that along with the Mister.

8. Can any crew member help out? Within your department, yes. I would rather not start cross training this early as to not confuse people and things turn pretty hectic, pretty fast. If you're talking about in general, then sure. Go for it.

9. Can we have a crew meeting soon? We can definitely try.

10. If yes, what time is best for everyone? I'm not everyone, so I can't say.

11. Why exactly did the guild die before? We had alot of internal issues with our then-CEO that I honestly would just rather not get into. When leadership was transferred, it happened so suddenly that we just couldn't catch up, leading to the guild's "death."

12. How invested is everyone in getting the guild back up? I hope everyone is pretty invested, but also keep in mind that we also have outside lives and some may even work full time, so let's just take things one at a time. Slow and steady does win the race, after all.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:39 am
Saiuri Kamiya
Miss Exorcist

Didn't realize I was quoted, but I'll answer this to the best of my knowledge.

1. What is our planned date of re-opening? As we are starting smaller and are working our way up, there is no concrete date. We don't know how long this will take, factoring in crew availability, feedback and the means it takes to restore said guild back to its former days. If all goes lucky, I am actually hoping sometime mid summer.

2. What do we want done before that? I've already seen a feedback thread going as well as the planners I saw are doing their own thing. Mister and I usually clean up the forums, dust off the mules, reformat the chapel and surrounding houses we own as well as fine tune anything else (such as graphics.) Right now, I would like for everyone to keep sending in suggestions as it is from these pool of ideas that we'll form our re-opening type. More information on that later.

3. What is the purpose of this guild? Many people should kinda know this by now, but we offer wedding services as well as other features (small parties, birthday parties, ect) to those in need. We also offer jobs to gaians and in exchange for that are paid for their hard work and dedication.

4. Are we changing the name as was proposed? That is still up in the air, but I would personally rather keep it. We have so many accolades that changing the name would seem rather futile. It is the name that people have come to know for so long. Then again, as stated, that is only my opinion.

5. What crew members are still active and what jobs are they doing? That was recently released in the latest announcement. Veteran members currently hold Leadership status.

6. Do we have mods? We used to, but I'm not too sure they're considered mods anymore.

7. What is going to be done with all the dead threads everywhere? I'll be taking care of that along with the Mister.

8. Can any crew member help out? Within your department, yes. I would rather not start cross training this early as to not confuse people and things turn pretty hectic, pretty fast. If you're talking about in general, then sure. Go for it.

9. Can we have a crew meeting soon? We can definitely try.

10. If yes, what time is best for everyone? I'm not everyone, so I can't say.

11. Why exactly did the guild die before? We had alot of internal issues with our then-CEO that I honestly would just rather not get into. When leadership was transferred, it happened so suddenly that we just couldn't catch up, leading to the guild's "death."

12. How invested is everyone in getting the guild back up? I hope everyone is pretty invested, but also keep in mind that we also have outside lives and some may even work full time, so let's just take things one at a time. Slow and steady does win the race, after all.

I wish gaia would fix that. This is excellent thank you c: Who is the Mister though?

Summer seems a bit far off, but I guess there is a heck of a lot to do. I'd be willing to help as much as I can, I don't have much to do before September.

That's good to hear. I assume level 12 is where we should post, do you want us to stick to one thread for now? I didn't know there were already mule houses, at some point could you guys send the event planners a list of resources? We're just chatting for now but it would be nice to know what's usable.

There was some debate earlier about whether we would just be doing weddings so I thought we should get that cleared up.

I agree, it doesn't matter for now any ways, I could have left that out but I was curious.

oh pfft, I should have known that, I think I saw some old threads and got confused.

I was wondering if there were anyone in charge of HR and just general housekeeping 'cause the announcement only listed event people.

Good to hear, it can be a bit confusing going through forums as it is.

Like I said above, I'm willing to help out as much as I can but I understand sticking to one thing and I don't want to over step.

Between the planners a skype chat was brought up but there was some disagreement so we tried a little meeting in the guild chat and ran into some problems. I figure you guys know how to go about it though.

What time's best for you?

As long as we can avoid doing it again we can move past it.

Thank you for your honesty, I just want to know its not a whim and this is actually happening before I get too excited.

I hope I didn't overstep, I just want to know what's up.  

l noodles l

Crew

Tiny Trickster

Caimbrie
Crew

Magical Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:18 pm
Sai already answered these, but I'll answer if it helps give my thoughts and feels.

There is none, although we are aiming around mid-summer.

We'll want to clean up the guild - the first step to reopening!
This means getting rid of old threads and what not to make it new again!

This is an event guild. It hosts weddings, parties etc. for a fee.
The guild can also offer more, but this is its main focus.

Not from what I know of. I don't know what the guild would be renamed.

Yes, most crew members are active. I updated the event team, so you can see who is in the event team now. I'll see if I can update what everyone is doing in a log in case we forget!

6. Do we have mods?
We used to. I was a forum moderator at first!
I will however, still moderate the forums, if Sai or Mister wants to create a department for that at any point, I am more than happy to lend a hand!

We're going to clean them out! Or Sai and Mister are anyway.

I'm assuming I'll be the one training you. As for guidelines I can gladly help you, feel free too PM me if you need to. I'll start a brief guideline to help plan events and what not tomorrow!

9. Can we have a crew meeting soon?
I would like this to happen too.

10. If yes, what time is best for everyone?
I am in an awful time zone called GMT. Which is an issue.

11. Why exactly did the guild die before?
There was a lot of changes suddenly. We had a bigger demand than
output (in activity) and the guild died down. It was sad, but our CEO
was Bobby Dillon, who founded the GWCI.

12. How invested is everyone in getting the guild back up?
I grew up here! I'm willing to put it my all!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:34 pm
Miss Exorcist

"Mister", "Love", "Matt or Matthew" or anything like that is my own little pet name for our current CEO, Lewd Fruitington. His username before included the word Mister, so I just began to refer to him as such (bad habit, haha.) As far as the grand opening, if we get it open before summertime, then awesome. But for right now, that's the best "release" date we can give that also gives us abit of leeway. And Yes, Level 12 is where most of the chatting should be occurring (for right now.) As more the mules, the only person who has access to that is Mister. That was set in stone as leadership was passed down to him, so access to them are only by his hands or unless he specifies I or Angela can get to them. As far as HR goes, for obvious reasons, it wasn't an offered position. Only a veteran would be considered for that position and we're currently awaiting to see if our old HR would like her position back. Planners can talk through whatever medium they would like, but for general staff meeting, I was thinking of using the program Raidcall. It's really useful, and I use it already for Youtube type things. I can imagine we could use it for alot more things too, like trivia or even karaoke. Since I would both a full time and part time job, I can only do late nights, but if we're not using something flash related, I can be on at any time, really. As for the incident, since we've all done some growing up since and we're under new management, history definitely won't repeat itself. smile

If I missed anything, please let me know! The more questions, the better understanding.  

Houkyou
Vice Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

l noodles l

Crew

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:53 pm
Caimbrie

thank you for answering, I look forward to working with you c: I'm pretty flexible myself, I can't say for anyone else but I think we can figure something out if you give us a time and place 3nodding

Saiuri Kamiya
I thought that was who you meant, he used to be mister awesume then? I hope we can get it out sooner but it'll give us lots of time to make the re-opening the best we can. Do you want to move this thread over there then? That's fine, I'd just like to see what the houses look like inside for future reference but that's a way off. I hope she does, it'd be nice to keep as many veterans as possible. I'll have to check that out, karaoke would be interesting! I hope we can all get together soon. That's good to hear c:

I think I'm fine for now, I'll let you know when I have anything else to ask c:  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:09 pm
Miss Exorcist
Caimbrie

thank you for answering, I look forward to working with you c: I'm pretty flexible myself, I can't say for anyone else but I think we can figure something out if you give us a time and place 3nodding

i look forward to working with you too! you're welcome, i tried anyway haha. i am pretty flexible too, but i'm sure we'll be fine either way. yep, we can do this together - it doesn't matter who you are. being a part of the team is a big thing! 3nodding  

Caimbrie
Crew

Magical Senshi

0-Azula-0

Benevolent Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:46 am
Not sure where to post this so I am posting it here, I am really excited that the guild is reopening. I used to work here as a Planner some odd years ago and it brings back fond memories of when it was active. Wishing this guild a speedy reopen because I am impatient! If you guys need anything let me know.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:36 am
0-Azula-0
Not sure where to post this so I am posting it here, I am really excited that the guild is reopening. I used to work here as a Planner some odd years ago and it brings back fond memories of when it was active. Wishing this guild a speedy reopen because I am impatient! If you guys need anything let me know.

Thanks for the support!
Don't worry, atm we're working out some things have popped up but the guild will be re-opening soon!  

angelababy107

Vice Captain

Beloved Kitten

Squall Lionhardt

Friendly Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:16 pm
Not entire sure where this goes but this section said questions. Is this guild still up and running? I dont see many recent posts...I've used this guild's services multiple times, and i'd hate to just see it dead now...you guys used to be so great!  
ღ The Main Foyer ღ [Applications Go Here! | Open]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff