Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
Another Newbie Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SevenDeadlyDreams

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:40 pm
Hello.

Okay, well, I'm not too sure what you want to know but here's some basic information.

I found out about Gaia through a friend who used to play in 2004. She is basically inactive now but did show me a bit of the site.

I'm a university student and I also work and volunteer so I'm on everyday but only for a few minutes certain days.

Umm, I'm a female who turned 24 on January 2nd.

That's about it. If you want to know anything else feel free to ask!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:27 pm
Welcome!
I pretty much do the same thing where I'm online for only a few minutes on some days. I love when I get to sit and waste time for a couple hours here though. @ .@ Not sure what I do, but the time still flies by. XD; I hope you've been enjoying your time on Gaia so far. ^^

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

SevenDeadlyDreams

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:29 pm
sdrawkcab

Thank you! It has been interesting thus far, I suppose. Just trying to figure out what to do really.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:01 pm
SevenDeadlyDreams
sdrawkcab

Thank you! It has been interesting thus far, I suppose. Just trying to figure out what to do really.

Ugh, and here's where I'm the worst person to be responding right now. XD; I always make this site sound so boring. Everything you do will basically boil down to either chatting with other users or earning gold/cash to buy items. It sounds so awful when you're new and not that into this site yet, ya know? Like, why spend time doing that?
But once you really explore the site, you'll see that there are tons of different things to do. O: (...Which all boil down to chatting with users or earning items. XD;; )

Um, yeah. There's actually too many things to list. > <; It'll depend on what you like to do. ^^ Do you like art? Playing games? RPing? Etc?

I find that it's easier to settle into Gaia during events. Gaia holds sitewide events for a lot of the major holidays. This guild also holds events for a lot of the major holidays. I believe that the next event (for both) will center around Valentine's Day. So the next event(s) are about a month away.
More games and activities will appear and more users will be actively posting. It's easier to mingle with other users and there's just a more lively, exciting atmosphere that's so addictive. ^ ___^
Until then, you've got me droning on about nothing. XD;

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

SevenDeadlyDreams

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:34 am
sdrawkcab

Well I appreciate your honesty! My friend did tell me about the events so I'm very interested in seeing how the Valentine's Day Event plays out! It sounds like it might be very fun and exiting. In the meantime I'm really just posting around a few forums and trying to get a feel for the way things are. I am not artistic at all but I do enjoy roleplaying, so I may get into that while on the site.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:09 pm
SevenDeadlyDreams
sdrawkcab

Well I appreciate your honesty! My friend did tell me about the events so I'm very interested in seeing how the Valentine's Day Event plays out! It sounds like it might be very fun and exiting. In the meantime I'm really just posting around a few forums and trying to get a feel for the way things are. I am not artistic at all but I do enjoy roleplaying, so I may get into that while on the site.

The events change from year to year and event to event. It's nice to have variety, but that also means that events are hit or miss. What stays pretty constant is the great, random conversation in event forums.
^^ That sounds like a good plan. A lot of the forums have their own type of... personalities unique to those forums. I mesh with some forums and run from others. XD;
You'll find a little bit of roleplaying sprinkled all over the site. I'd guess that the Chatterbox forum will have the lowest form and the Barton Town forum should be decent. You'll find that a lot of dedicated people have made whole guilds centered around RPing. There's even a forum for recruiting RPers. And there's a forum for the guilds that are recruiting. While it's for all guilds in general, I usually see RP guilds recruiting members.

But~ then again, I don't do much RPing so that's just my take on it from reading other users' posts. XD; I'm more into the item and dress up side of Gaia. ;D
So~~~

Have you found the Dumpster Dive yet? You can click "dive" once every five minutes. You have the chance at getting an item that was donated by other users. This will range anywhere from a junk item worth ~25 gold to items worth millions and billions. The Dumpster keeps me clothed. XD;
Also, Gaia sometimes releases items that are granted by clicking on a link. Here's a thread that lists the links that are currently still working. They're not the fanciest items, but some are pretty good (especially for free).

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

SevenDeadlyDreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:16 pm
sdrawkcab
The events change from year to year and event to event. It's nice to have variety, but that also means that events are hit or miss. What stays pretty constant is the great, random conversation in event forums.
^^ That sounds like a good plan. A lot of the forums have their own type of... personalities unique to those forums. I mesh with some forums and run from others. XD;
You'll find a little bit of roleplaying sprinkled all over the site. I'd guess that the Chatterbox forum will have the lowest form and the Barton Town forum should be decent. You'll find that a lot of dedicated people have made whole guilds centered around RPing. There's even a forum for recruiting RPers. And there's a forum for the guilds that are recruiting. While it's for all guilds in general, I usually see RP guilds recruiting members.
But~ then again, I don't do much RPing so that's just my take in it from reading other users' posts. XD; I'm more into the item and dress up side of Gaia. ;D
So~~~
Have you found the Dumpster Dive yet? You can click "dive" once every five minutes. You have the chance at getting an item that was donated by other users. This will range anywhere from a junk item worth ~25 gold to items worth millions and billions. The Dumpster keeps me clothed. XD;
Also, Gaia sometimes releases items that are granted by clicking on a link. Here's a thread that lists the links that are currently still working. They're not the fanciest items, but some are pretty good (especially for free).

Well hopefully this years Valentines event is good! I missed the Christmas one so hopefully this one is good!

I've been browsing the Barton Town forums and looking to see if anything catches my eye. I don't like the Chatterbox, it moves too fast and I get lost.

I went and got the free items smile Thank you for that! I did find the dumpster dive and I've actually gotten some pretty neat stuff from it! Nothing is worth a ton but I have gotten a few premium items that are kind of cool! I still don't really know what to do with my avatar smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:07 pm
SevenDeadlyDreams
sdrawkcab

Hello & User Image

I like gaia & been here since 2005, but this is the best 2 hng out.. lots of coo stuff 2 do. 1st thing 2 do is go 2 the 1st page...U can get there by clicking at the top of he page... Read it & be sure 2 sign up 4 the active member lottery & post anywhere U can... play the games, Have fun & if U questions feel free 2 ask... I will try 2 help all I can... There is also a plae 2 get free clothes.. Be sure 2 read directions on all thins...Here is the link.. It i ls on the 1st page... TRAVLERS LOOT Be sure 2 try 2 log in every y & do all daily chance...  

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250

SevenDeadlyDreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:28 pm
Morrigan Skylar

Thank you for telling me that! I'm going to explore the guild more a little later today and see if I can get involved anywhere.

I definitely didn't notice the quests and charity sub forum so I'm going to check out that link you gave me for sure! Thank you smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:39 pm
SevenDeadlyDreams
Morrigan Skylar

Thank you for telling me that! I'm going to explore the guild more a little later today and see if I can get involved anywhere.

I definitely didn't notice the quests and charity sub forum so I'm going to check out that link you gave me for sure! Thank you smile

U R very welcome & i if I an help ore just let e know... U do want 2 post 4 the active members raffle as close 2 the 1st of the month as possible... The all post in the guild will count.. U have 2 do it every month... Good luck & have fun...  

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100

SevenDeadlyDreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:44 pm
Morrigan Skylar

Thanks for the tip. I'll try and do that next month.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:01 pm
SevenDeadlyDreams
Morrigan Skylar

Thanks for the tip. I'll try and do that next month.

U R welcome & U still have time left in this month lottery.. U need 20 post & ll the post U making would be going toward it... It don't start till U copy & paste then fill out with how many post U have & ad 20 to get UR goal number... U can find how many post U have by going 2 members & typing in UR name...
U already have 8 post, so that would almost there...  

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100

SevenDeadlyDreams

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:04 pm
Morrigan Skylar

Okay, well, I think I will settle in and try to participate next month. I think I'm just going to try and get used to being here first.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:08 pm
That's cool... Have fun & if I can help let me know... U can PM me if U want 2.... It's up 2 U... Have a good 1 Hun... & remember we R here 2 help. biggrin  

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:38 pm
SevenDeadlyDreams

Well hopefully this years Valentines event is good! I missed the Christmas one so hopefully this one is good!

I've been browsing the Barton Town forums and looking to see if anything catches my eye. I don't like the Chatterbox, it moves too fast and I get lost.

I went and got the free items smile Thank you for that! I did find the dumpster dive and I've actually gotten some pretty neat stuff from it! Nothing is worth a ton but I have gotten a few premium items that are kind of cool! I still don't really know what to do with my avatar smile

I'm hoping so too. ^ ___^ Gaia's V-day events fluctuate in size. They're a full blown huge event some years... and barely noticeable other years. u .u;

Yeahhhh and the CB (Chatterbox) RPs are mostly things like, "Girls locked in cages! Guys let them out!" or "Rooms full of couches! Come sit on laps!" Cybering isn't allowed on Gaia, but those threads toe the line. I think. Last I saw. XD; I haven't peered into one of those threads in a very long time.

No problem. c:
Ahh~~ I'd say give it a while before you settle on an avatar style. No rush.
Um, it's easiest when you can stick to just one perfect outfit that you love. Or, if you stick to a base/theme/style/color scheme and barely alter your look each time. You know, tweaking it and making it perfect as you go. .... Of course, that whole process starts once you go gaga over something.
On the other hand, I've realized that I can't stick with one outfit for very long. I wish that I could.

Do you have any sort of theme or idea in mind yet?

☆ Introductions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff