Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e Recruitment - Hell or High Water (3/3 slots filled) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:25 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

You and several people you get the sensation you know, all wake up surrounded by fire and brimstone. What the hell? Actually, that's it exactly. The question is, what do you do now?

[ Setting Information/Background ]

Your memories are lost. Your life is forfeit. You are in the Nine Hells. Seems straight forward enough, but why are your memories gone? What happened between life and death that brought you to this point? Your objective, is to find out. And, with fortune on your side, do something about it.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

You start with nothing, except some tattered rags. Material possessions don't come with you when you die, after all. This will be a gritty test for survival, as well as a touch of mystery. Expect more skill challenges than usual!

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: PHB1, 2, 3*, Martial/Divine/Primal/Arcane/Psionic* Powers
Banned Resources: Everything Else

*Restricted (See allowed races/classes below. PHB3 feats restricted to class-specific & skill power feats; everything else with permission only. No psionics.)

ECL: 1st level
Gold: None, but have some tattered rags (counts as 'no armor').
Races: PHB1, 2
Classes: PHB1, 2, plus Monk, Swordmage, Seeker, Runepriest. It is highly recommended you do not play a Wizard, since you have no spellbook, but that's entirely up to you.
Ability Scores: 22 point-buy.
Alignments: Lawful Good and Good only. This should be the point where you actually realize something is amiss.
Pantheon: 4e standard.
Backgrounds: SPECIAL: Do not include any background with your character. Leave that section blank. ...FOR NOW!!!

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Action points accumulate the same rate, but aren't restricted to 1/battle.
2] Ammunition is counted. You are responsible for this, please reflect it in your posts.
3] Rain standard 2x XP rules will apply.
4] You cannot be in both Under Siege and Hell or High Water at the same time, unless both games have difficulty filling both slots.
5] If you have the Ritual Caster feat, you may swap it out at character creation ONLY for either Skill Training or Skill Focus.

No sense giving an identical shpeel in this thread too. GO.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:10 pm
-throws down her 22 point buy sheet so hard she may have broken the table-

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=972410  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:09 pm
Cecilia Davidson

]http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=972410

Your HP are 5 too high.

Don't forget your 1 Action Point!

No backgrounds permitted (reducing your perception bonus).

This isn't wrong, but you realize Jaws of the Wolf is a Melee only power? If you do, then there's no problems.

You have 1 too many feats.

Your XP/level are set at level 2.

You should include a physical description. Your memories are gone, not your meats.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:17 pm
Rain Yupa
Cecilia Davidson

]http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=972410

Your HP are 5 too high.

Don't forget your 1 Action Point!

No backgrounds permitted (reducing your perception bonus).

This isn't wrong, but you realize Jaws of the Wolf is a Melee only power? If you do, then there's no problems.

You have 1 too many feats.

Your XP/level are set at level 2.

You should include a physical description. Your memories are gone, not your meats.oooooooooooooooops no wonder i had things wrong. i forgot to set to level 1 XP
EDITING FIXED. i changed it to something that didn't immediately require two melee weapons  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:58 pm
Just an OOC but in which realm of Hell are we starting? Nessus?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:22 am
Bleh. Of course Fish would fall asleep before submitting his sheet. We're not gonna get to play together, are we? crying

Well... here it is anyway. If someone submits a profile before him I'll probably drop out and try to join the other one, but I really do like the idea of this one better, so here's hoping the lazy aqu... (aquine? what are fish designated as? *googles* they don't have one?! my mind is blown) gets in here soon.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=972322  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:20 pm
Cecilia Davidson
Just an OOC but in which realm of Hell are we starting? Nessus?

That's a good question!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:22 pm
Cecilia Davidson
EDITING FIXED. i changed it to something that didn't immediately require two melee weapons

Mind you, for 4e's system, I don't think there's anything wrong with a Ranger or similar class that can alternate ranges, to have their backup style use a Daily. Nothing screws with enemy tactics than when they close to avoid At-Will ranged attacks, only to get hit by a Daily melee. "BAD PLAN! BAD PLAN!"

My concern though, is the gulf between Dexterity and Strength scores, which made it seem like that was not your intention sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:25 pm
Rain Yupa
Cecilia Davidson

Mind you, for 4e's system, I don't think there's anything wrong with a Ranger or similar class that can alternate ranges, to have their backup style use a Daily. Nothing screws with enemy tactics than when they close to avoid At-Will ranged attacks, only to get hit by a Daily melee. "BAD PLAN! BAD PLAN!"

My concern though, is the gulf between Dexterity and Strength scores, which made it seem like that was not your intention sweatdrop
yeah, but that's the 22 system for ya =_=
i'll see what I can do

Further edited for something a little more balanced but it turns out STR isn't a ranger's strong area. Dex/Wis/Con  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:46 pm
Paidi tou Selini
Bleh. Of course Fish would fall asleep before submitting his sheet. We're not gonna get to play together, are we? crying

Well... here it is anyway. If someone submits a profile before him I'll probably drop out and try to join the other one, but I really do like the idea of this one better, so here's hoping the lazy aqu... (aquine? what are fish designated as? *googles* they don't have one?! my mind is blown) gets in here soon.

]http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=972322

Since such terms are based off genus typically, the one you're looking for is "butine".

MM's yuan-ti speak Common and Draconic. Your second language most likely would be that, since "yuan-ti" isn't a language.

Astral "Sea"? o_o''''''

For whatever reason you put CLW in, most clerics get it at level 2, but if you want to hold off, that's cool too.

Your choice of "deity" is actually really helpful for plot purposes, though you didn't know that when you entered that. Thanks! You'll find out why later.

Since Rituals are kept in the book and not mentally, you wouldn't actually have any without a book, which you don't possess. But, on the flip side, if you ever do get a book, you get everything inscribed within. Also, you are missing the Ritual Caster feat.

Really, the rituals and the typo are it, from what I can see! biggrin  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:48 pm
Cecilia Davidson
Further edited for something a little more balanced but it turns out STR isn't a ranger's strong area. Dex/Wis/Con

Depends on the ranger. Melee rangers use STR and don't need DEX. And CON could be argued - especially for a dedicated ranged ranger.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:43 pm
Rain Yupa
Cecilia Davidson

Depends on the ranger. Melee rangers use STR and don't need DEX. And CON could be argued - especially for a dedicated ranged ranger.
Since i'm going for Archery style, DEX is king - I might put bonus into CON at a later point if able.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:52 pm
Just to let you know, because of the change in stats, HP took a little dip and, as I already mentioned, I switched to Fox's Cunning. Also, I updated the appearance section in case anyone's wondering ...

though now I have to imagine Lana Wachowski's voice in the body of an elf  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:07 am
Lo-Kag Stormchaser should be done except for me needing to clean up. Unless I'm mistaken all the mechanics I need to pick for him, and all his stats and personal character info should be in place. Been doing a lot of him in a rush before work or over my phone during breaks, so I haven't quite sorted out a lot of the little boxes I normally fill for convenience, like c/p'ing in his power descriptions.

Edit: Some of my last changes before I lost home apparently didn't save. Mostly lost some minor things it looks like though. Might fix some of it at work if I decide I want to bump his con up to 18.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:47 am
Psychofish
Lo-Kag Stormchaser should be done except for me needing to clean up. Unless I'm mistaken all the mechanics I need to pick for him, and all his stats and personal character info should be in place. Been doing a lot of him in a rush before work or over my phone during breaks, so I haven't quite sorted out a lot of the little boxes I normally fill for convenience, like c/p'ing in his power descriptions.

Edit: Some of my last changes before I lost home apparently didn't save. Mostly lost some minor things it looks like though. Might fix some of it at work if I decide I want to bump his con up to 18.

I count a 23 point buy.

Don't forget Race features!

Also, Nature's Wrath class ability.

You should have 1 action point.

Like you said, the leetle boxes too.

I'll re-audit when you get in everything you need to. smile  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers