Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
whats your most imaginative character (homebrew included) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeleteThisProfile2020

Profitable Entrepreneur

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:09 pm
my most imaginative character would be a
LVL30
(homebrew class) alchemist
race: humanoid cheetah, shadow creature, half dragon, philosopher stone (homebrew race and philosopher stone template)
he is called the creator because he can create anything from nothing and can make an army with the snap of a finger and less than a round later there is a bunch of mindless warforged at his disposal all of them are lvl 25  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:47 am
Define imaginative in this context. It looks like you going for powerful what with your choice. Or perhaps favorite. But then again you could mean complex as well...

Anyway to be less snide I guess mine would be a level 20 multiclass character I made. Fighter 10/ rouge 3/sorcerer 6/ adventure seeker 1 (home brew 3way multi class prestige class designed to help keep such characters from lagging behind more focused characters) he hired a level 20 wizard to cast a crap ton of wishes and now has a permanent Shapechange spell on him that let's him partial morph. Good luck killing him because he has enough HD to become a phoenix and they can full heal themselves in a single action in 3.5.  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:56 am
It is a character that has a tad too high charisma for my liking.

It is a character that is a smart-a**, and a scourge on decent folk.

It is a character who, when ready to be unleashed, can deal 72d6 damage and heal 36d6 back.

He is a man who runs his own harem, and has wished for the power to smack as many hoes as necessary to get the job done.

He is...a Level 20 Psychic Warrior...

He is...A Pimp Named The Sultan of Smack.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:21 am
when I say imaginative I mean
1. has either a High level or a low level
2. has more than 1 class or prestige class
3. has templates
4. you get the idea

make it complicated, if you have no complicated characters go ahead and put your favorites  

DeleteThisProfile2020

Profitable Entrepreneur

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Archangel_Crow

Friendly Genius

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:00 pm
imaginative character?
I would have to say... umm... probably Savage and Noble. back then I didn't know about the anthromorphic animals in the savage species, so I had my own template for it, that actually worked pretty well.. It was 2 characters rolled into 1. Noble was a humanoid shark Knight, and Savage was a humanoid shark Barbarian. They were split personalities, and complete opposites of each other. except with the weapon they used which was a fullblade that was like a big shark tooth. I don't even remember what triggers the personality switch..

that sort of makes me want to make a character like that again.. just not Noble and Savage...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:55 pm
My most overpowered PC would have to be a lv2 thief from a homebrew game.

Started out as a support character of awesomeness who performed story feats, combat stunts and stunned the hell out of enemies. Rest of the party was either tank DPS or ranged DPS. Ended up in a situation where the party was facing off against Death on a constantly adjusting, tilting platform over lava. Stole Death's Scythe, Girl, and landed the finishing blow. From then on, the PC ended up disappearing at the end of each combat round to perform Death's role (ie cart people to the other side).

In terms of actual imaginative character, I'd have to go with the bard in the Settler's game on this forum.

Absolutely love the background I gave her. rofl  

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:15 pm
...Are we talking about our most min maxed characters, or most imaginative? Cause those are two different things.

I'd say my most imaginative character is actually a summon for my pathfinder summoner. Her name is Ying and she is adorably monstrous centipede girl.

After that I have a war-forged who was specifically designed to be a young girls nanny and protector. Because of this she was given a cute life size doll appearance. Her name is Eve. When she was acting as a nanny she would be dressed up in pretty dresses disguising her robotic body. When she became and adventure she would wear a mask as people found that less disturbing then her smashing in bad guy's faces in with her doll face frozen in an expression of benign cheer.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:03 pm
My Dark Elf Kain. Besides having a complex back story that makes for a great read he has a ECL of 75. He's a Gestalt level 75 Battle Sorcerer/ 40 Warrior(Generic class out of the unearthed arcana)/ 35 Favored Soul and has achieved the status of a greater deity with a divine rank of 20. His back story includes being betrayed by his twin brother, getting exiled from the underdark for killing a few dozen priestess of Lolth and killing his own father.  

Kain Almasi

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Eviant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:58 pm
I kinda fear placing mine here, as it's from the Palladium series, Heroes unlimited, to be Exact.

There wasn't anything special about him, except he was kind of like a Modern day Rogue (With Psionics, rather than in the physical sense) Most of his skills were based off hacking, and circumventing people. Would have been a really fun character to play, except the campaign didn't really go anywhere sad

From D&D though, it was a Genasi Swordmage (Assualt Aegis) Again, campaign didn't last long, so I didn't really get to play the full way through. But I was already outplaying the DM XD. It was the best thing.

DM: It's a ten foot wall.
Me: Really? Ok, WATER FORM. I flow up to the top.
DM: ******** Elemental.

Different scenerio.
DM: It's Ice, Rough terrain.
Me: Just flow with it.

And that Same SwordMage managed to Kill a nasty giant goblin while Chained to the wall XD. Managed to free one hand, and threw her sword at the back of his head. Turns out I either knocked him out or killed him. Once we got free, he was dead anyway, Lol.

XD Long story Short. I was annoying the DM a lot XD. Loved it...would love to try again, with a longer campaign.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:56 pm
Probably Jak. 3.5 character, something like 2 levels of monk, 2 levels of fighter, and the rest rogue. Chaotic Evil too. Practically all his gear was non-detection stuff so the party Paladin would just think he was surly.

Anywho, it was a two-part combo with feats. One allowed you to use unarmed strike as either Bludgeoning, Slashing, OR Piercing (using a Swift action to swap between damage types).

The other was Disembowling Strike, which lets you sub out sneak attack damage for Constitution damage. The only prerequisite is, you had to make the attack with a piercing weapon.

It wasn't minmaxed in terms of straight up damage, but we started mid-tier so the group's reaction to what I had created was funny when they saw it in action.

Also, when a baddie the DM threw at us cast both Chaos Hammer and Unholy Blight on the group before I disembowled him with my bare hands.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

DeleteThisProfile2020

Profitable Entrepreneur

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:40 pm
Eviant
I kinda fear placing mine here, as it's from the Palladium series, Heroes unlimited, to be Exact.

There wasn't anything special about him, except he was kind of like a Modern day Rogue (With Psionics, rather than in the physical sense) Most of his skills were based off hacking, and circumventing people. Would have been a really fun character to play, except the campaign didn't really go anywhere sad

From D&D though, it was a Genasi Swordmage (Assualt Aegis) Again, campaign didn't last long, so I didn't really get to play the full way through. But I was already outplaying the DM XD. It was the best thing.

Different scenerio.

And that Same SwordMage managed to Kill a nasty giant goblin while Chained to the wall XD. Managed to free one hand, and threw her sword at the back of his head. Turns out I either knocked him out or killed him. Once we got free, he was dead anyway, Lol.

XD Long story Short. I was annoying the DM a lot XD. Loved it...would love to try again, with a longer campaign.

I think i would like to see this character in more campaigns.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:05 pm
archangel of creation
Eviant

Different scenerio.

I love it when players do this. Makes me design really interesting dungeons. Dungeons that they HAVE to use those interesting powers. mrgreen  

Gabriel Lord of Flame

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:41 pm
Eviant

Different scenerio.

I'm assuming 4th Edition?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:48 pm
Aside from The Sultan of Smack, I tend to play in ridiculously goofy games when it comes to 3.5. We played one via Bizarro House Rules (in other words, the worst score is the best score, a 1 = 20 and a 20 = 1, etc.) where I was a Bard/Sorcerer mix. Through writing our backgrounds, we gained additional per day homebrew abilities; mine was, essentially, Beer Goggle Aura 1000 ft, where without fail, I would be able to attract men and women, each one once per day.

...And I was an Orc.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Eviant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:09 pm
Gabriel Lord of Flame
archangel of creation
Eviant

Different scenerio.

I love it when players do this. Makes me design really interesting dungeons. Dungeons that they HAVE to use those interesting powers. mrgreen

Yeah. I love playing weaker characters. Or Characters that have more depth. Not just a hack and slash, but more of a Play the world, kind of thing. I'll direct you guys to the Heroes Unlimited series, if you can find them. They are a lot less hack and slash, but a lot more thought out. Also, being set in the modern day, computers and all that have come into play XD.

I'll be looking for a 4th Edition game to join, providing they would be so kind as to let me play a Genesi Swordmage (Not sure if it's Genesi, or Genasi)

In the meantime, I have research to do on 3.5 classes, to see if I can figure out something to do, that might make Gabriel work on those dungeons XD.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff