Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
A Prophecy Long Lost - Age's End (RoyalxDragon) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:44 pm
User Image

Michael Schroeder
        On the ground I lay
        Motionless in pain
        I can see my life flashing before my eyes
        Did I fall asleep?
        Is this all a dream
        Wake me up, I'm living a nightmare

Mike was on his way home from a long day at work. He hated working as a fastfood person, but it was money and you needed it to survive, so he couldn't complain, much. It was beginning to rain, just the icing on the cake it seemed. But Mike liked the rain, unlike most people, it calmed him and helped to release the stress that usually accumulated from the various struggles he had been harboring for the past eight years. As he continued down the street towards his apartment, the simple shower began in earnest and shortly thereafter Mike was soaked to the bone and numb. It was then that he felt a shiver crawl down his spine and he looked around. Even though he didn't possess an element, his more passive Hunter abilities were active and strong, such as his demon sense.

Everything seemed quiet, so Mike slowly reached behind him and pulled the the two daggers from his belt and got them ready to fight. Another shiver and a shadow in the alleyway next to him seemed to move. Mike looked down the alleyway and called out. "I know you're there. Show yourself so I can kill you and be on my way!" Mike finished, then assumed a defensive stance. He saw the shadow move again, then the glint of nocturnal eyes flashed down the alleyway. Soon after the sound of footsteps could be heard and a man emerged from the shadows. His build was strong, broad shouldered and packed with muscles, enough so that his clothes seemed to be ready to burst. His face was masculine, handsome, and bespoke a fierce power. Lastly, his eyes were a yellow color, but if you weren't looking for the unusual characteristic, they could pass off as a light brown. "Well looks like I found a lost puppy." Mike says, mockingly.

The man smiles with a hint of anger, then bows to Mike. "I have come to offer you a choice, Michael Schroeder. You can accompany me, and be my slave for the rest of your life, at least that way you will still live. Or...I can leave here with your head. Your choice." The man says, his body language projecting the eagerness to fight.

Mike doesn't answer with words. But instead jumps forward and stabs the man in the gut, then retreats. The man doesn't even attempt to stop him, but laughs and looks down at his ruined shirt and the blood soaking down his stomach. He then rips off his jacket and shirt. A moment later his muscles begin to quiver and grow as his skin splits to reveal black fur which races across his body. Claws split his fingertips, and fangs grow from a mouth beginning to jut forward into a muzzle. His ears expand and move to the top of his head. Then the remaining clothes tear away from his growing body as his kneecaps relocate themselves and his feet elongate and sprout more claws. Within moments the man is standing in front of Mike is no longer a man, but a hybrid werewolf. "Well great, seems I found an Alpha. Your pelt will look good hanging over my fireplace." Mike taunts and prepares for the fight to come.

On this bed I lay
Losing everything
I can see my life passing me by
Was it all too much
Or just not enough
I will not die (I will not die)
I will survive

ARoyalWitch

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:59 pm
Alice Leland
User Image

Alice had been wandering around the streets alone. Hands in the pockets of her long coat she had been lost in thought. She had been focused on trying to figure out what to do next. She had freshly arrived to the city, trying to settle into some semblance of normalcy. At least that was the hope.

She knew better though. There was no way things could ever be normal around her. She heaved a sigh and raked a hand through her brown hair, letting it fall around her shoulders. Even if there wasn't much of a chance, it was still worth a try.

That faint sense of hope that she felt died as soon as she heard the commotion around the corner from her. Her senses tingled and she felt the auras of something very familiar to her. "Demons," she hissed under her breath. She slumped into herself, her dark eyes closing in frustration. Every time. Every single time. If only she got paid for how often she'd run into them. She'd be a very rich woman.

She moved quickly in silence until she reached the corner of the building at the end of the little street she was on. Pressing her back against the brick wall she carefully peeked around the corner to see what was going on.

There was an Alpha demon, doing what they did best, was being a pain in the rear. That wasn't what got her interested. The Alpha had found someone to dance with it seemed. A Hunter, perhaps?

He was good looking, she had to admit. There was something about him that she could sense. It was on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't quite placed what felt different. She was intrigued, but not intrigued enough to move from her hiding place. She stayed instead, watching from a distance to see what would happen. The last thing she wanted was to get in the middle of a fight between a Hunter and a demon.

Royal Magick

Mega Mage

7,650 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Regular 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:18 pm
User Image

Michael Schroeder
        On the ground I lay
        Motionless in pain
        Did I fall asleep?
        Is this all a dream

"Come on then!" Mike yells at the shifter. The demon howls and charges forward, taking a swipe at Mike's head with one paw, while sending the other one to strike at his abdomen. Mike dodges the first strike and then catches the second one with a swipe of his daggers. The demon howls as the silver bites into his paw, and snarls. Mike cannot afford to let the shifter bite or scratch him in fear of the virus being transmitted to him. A Hunter's body couldn't survive the virus, and upon the first shift, the Hunter always died as his body tore itself apart. The demon dropped to all fours and loped towards him. Mike waited till the last possible second, then jumped to the side, sending a leg out as he did to kick the shifter in the head. The attack landed, but it felt like he had kicked a brick wall, and the unexpected resistance disheveled Mike and sent him sprawling in his back.

The shifter took notice of it's advantage and wheeled around quickly. Before Mike could get back to his feet he felt the shifter slam into him. However he was lucky, for one of his daggers had been pointing in the direction the shifter had jumped, and so embedded the dagger within it's own stomach. The thing snarled in Mike's face, fangs bared and intent on rending the flesh from his head. Mike struggled, and some how got his feet under the shifter's stomach, and with a titanic push, threw the shifter over his head. The beast landed on its back, but Mike rolled with the shifter and was now on top of it's chest. "Looks like I win." Mike said and stabbed a dagger down into it's chest. The shifter gurgled, his eyes looking at Mike with pure hate, then the light left his eyes as his soul departed the world of the living. Mike got up as the shifter's body burst into flames and within seconds the body had been reduced to nothing but fine gray ash which washed away in the pouring rain.

Mike took a moment to look around and make sure no one had seen the fight, then returned the daggers to his belt and began to walk towards his apartment building as if nothing had happened.

On this bed I lay
Losing everything
Was it all too much
Or just not enough
I will survive

ARoyalWitch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:08 pm
Alice Leland
User Image

Well damn.

Alice suppressed a whistle as she watched the fight. The man was impressive. She was stupid enough to stay and watch the entire fight. She should have tried sneak away while he had been distracted. Now she had to hope he couldn't sense her and just hurry along her merry way. Last thing she wanted to do was end up tangling with him.

She rolled her eyes and cursed herself under her breath. She calmed down her nerves and focused on her magic, trying her best to suppress her aura. Hopefully, and it was a big hope, he wouldn't notice her. If not, well, she'd worry about that when it came to it.

Centered and ready, she tried to look casual as she waited a beat or two before heading around the corner and down the street. She avoided eye contact and tried to look like she had a lot on her mind. Maybe he'd be like the rest of the people in this city and ignore the hell out of her. Heh, hell.

DragonSlayer Arcos

Royal Magick

Mega Mage

7,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Regular 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:55 pm
User Image

Michael Schroeder
        On the ground I lay
        Motionless in pain
        Did I fall asleep?
        Is this all a dream

Mike had just passed by a building when he felt the demon sense course through his body again. Cursing inwardly, he looked around to see a woman duck out from around a building, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible, thus alerting his senses for danger. He then felt it, like a needle being withdrawn from contact, the tingling-biting sensation of demonic magic in the air. It was faint, and the purpose was completely lost on Mike, but he had felt demon magic before, and this was exactly like those other experiences. Going on instinct, Mike followed the woman he saw try and blend into the environment.

He fell back a ways, and the demon sense faded. Then to he increased his pace, and got closer to the woman, which caused his demons sense to spike considerably, indicating that he was correct in his assumption that she wasn't human. He didn't want to draw attention to them in the open, but he knew their encounter may become much more dramatic if he tried to physically manipulate her. So he spoke out to the woman whom was only a few paces in front of him. "Going somewhere demon filth?" Mike's voice was barely a whisper but just as all Hunter's sense's were heightened, the same was true for demons, and he had no doubt she had heard him.

On this bed I lay
Losing everything
Was it all too much
Or just not enough
I will survive

ARoyalWitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 am
Alice Leland
User Image
Damn.

Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn.

She heaved a heavy sigh that came from her toes and rolled her eyes. She couldn't catch a break. She cursed her luck, her father, her mother and everyone between this life and the next. There went her night.

Alice stopped dead in her tracks and whispered back, "Didn't your mother ever tell you it's not nice to call someone names?" She turned her head just enough to catch his eye. "Not to mention it's unbecoming to accost a woman alone in the streets."

She wasn't afraid. There were few things that truly scared her. A Hunter, even as prodigious as this one was, wasn't that scary. She pursed her lips before deciding to press her luck, what little of it she had. "All of that aside, I am no demon, sir."

As the words left her lips she wondered idly if he could taste the truth in them. They were, of course, not completely true, but not completely false either. She wasn't a demon. She was half of one. Maybe that would give him pause. The last thing she wanted was a fight.

Royal Magick

Mega Mage

7,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Regular 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:52 pm
User Image

Michael Schroeder
        On the ground I lay
        Motionless in pain
        Did I fall asleep?
        Is this all a dream

Mike sneered at the woman when she said not to call her names. "I am just stating a fact, demons are filth. You are a demon, thus you are filth that must be removed." Mike says casually moving one hand behind his back and grabs a dagger hilt. "Are you trying to tell me you aren't a demon? Hunters can tell a demon from a mile away, your glamor doesn't conceal you from us. Who sent you?" Mike asks, his voice never rising above a whisper. As if on cue, shadows begin to slide across the ground like living things. Then as one, the shadows dart away to another alleyway and moments later half a dozen skinny and pale youngish looking males emerge, their black eyes and sharp fangs protruding from their upper jaw revealing them to be night-stalkers or better known as vampires. Their glamor allowing them to remain hidden from the humans walking around them, while the storm clouds block the sun.

"Friends of yours?" Mike sneers, and curses, with the rain his match book wouldn't be of use. Vampires feared fire, all fire. It only took a spark to ignite their bodies and kill them.

On this bed I lay
Losing everything
Was it all too much
Or just not enough
I will survive

ARoyalWitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:09 pm
Alice Leland
User Image
"My, my, you are nasty and obnoxious, aren't you? Do you like being called names by random people on the street?" Her voice was poisonously sweet as she found her hands itching for the hilts of her daggers. He definitely was a Hunter by his attitude problem.

She was about to open her mouth again when she felt them, a dozen strong, appear. She rolled her eyes and cursed under her breath. "Of course. Because my life doesn't suck enough right now." She hissed.

She whipped out a dagger and flicked it with an almost careless grace. "No friends of mine. I have no friends." She sounded bitter as the blade ended up crossguard deep in between one of the demon's eyes. The tension went out of its body as it collapsed to the ground.

She drew her other dagger from its sheathe and held it in her right hand. "How about this, pretty boy, we call a truce on this little insult game until these morons are dealt with?" She cast him a glance for half a second before continuing to deal with the demons. If he wanted to fight her instead, that was his prerogative. She wasn't going to get pulled into a pissing match when there was a more immediate problem before her.

Her left hand came up and in heartbeat fire leapt to her fingers, casting shadows all around her. She cast motes of fire forward, making the vampires shrink back. She was having a hard time maintaining the fire spell in the rain, but through sheer pure cussed willpower and magic she kept the fire alight. "How about a little fire, mmm?"

DragonSlayer Arcos

Royal Magick

Mega Mage

7,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Regular 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:32 pm
User Image

Michael Schroeder
        On the ground I lay
        Motionless in pain
        Did I fall asleep?
        Is this all a dream

Mike tore his daggers from their sheaths and threw them in opposite directions without even looking, relying on his hearing to pinpoint the targets as he did when he was trained by his father. He was rewarded with roars of pain and the faint glint of fire as the vampires died and burst into flames then ashes. The remaining demons didn't like the show they had begun, and so they released their demons. Demonic magic filled the air as the vampire's skin became translucent, revealing thick black veins and muscle tissue. Their fangs erupted out of their mouths as they grew longer, while their fingertips exploded with blood as claws of white bone grew forth, each one capable of cutting through metal.

Against this many vampires, Mike knew he wouldn't last very long alone. So grudgingly, he acknowledged that the girl was against them as well, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Or some such. "Fine, we'll finish our fight after these guys are ashed." Mike says, and spins around and catches the wrist of a vampire just before it's claws were to make contact. Then in retaliation, he brings his other arm up, elbow bent and slams the demon's chin, tilting the head up and exposing the throat. Quick as a snake, he releases his grip on the demon's arm and strikes the throat, breaking the trachea. Lastly, with the demon stunned, Mike grabs it's chin with one hand and the back of the head with the other and with a savage twist, breaks it's neck with a resounding crack. The demon bursts into flames and floats away in the water around him as dust a moment later.

Mike looks to the girl to see her wielding fire, and he curses. Of course she's a witch. Mike growls, he hates witches and warlocks because of their talent of using magic and casting spells quickly. They were a very versatile type of fighter, and very hard to kill. Running, Mike jumps into a roll and grabs a dagger he threw, then quickly returns to his place by the witch. "Can't you cast a larger fire spell?" He asks, slicing the air in front of him as a vampire lunges forward.

On this bed I lay
Losing everything
Was it all too much
Or just not enough
I will survive

ARoyalWitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:51 pm
Alice Leland
User Image

"Do I tell you how to do your job?" She snarled pumping about as much magic as she dared to into the fire in her palm. It grew fatter until it was a miniature sun hanging before her. The struggle to maintain a fire of such size in the rain was not easy.

She sliced her hand down violently and launched the fireball at the remaining vampires. They struggled to get out of the way as the fireball hit them, exploding into a controlled firestorm. Only one was left and it screamed and shrieked as it tried to get away from the fire.

Alice felt rain and sweat mix on her face as it ran down in rivulets. What a pain. She felt her hands shake a bit from the exertion of spellcasting. Boy, was she out of practice. "Next time you can cast the fire spell in the rain and I'll criticize." She wheezed as called forth another smaller fireball to finish off the last vampire.

She inwardly cursed herself for leaving herself so vulnerable when faced with a Hunter. She kept her dagger in hand, not willing to leave herself unarmed. Whatever was left he could deal with while she recovered a bit of stamina.

DragonSlayer Arcos

Royal Magick

Mega Mage

7,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Regular 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:23 pm
User Image

Michael Schroeder
        On the ground I lay
        Motionless in pain
        Did I fall asleep?
        Is this all a dream

Mike almost laughed at the snarky remark the witch made. "Hunters don't cast spells." Mike spits back though he was impressed with the amount of control the woman had with the fire, nothing but the vampires had been affected by it. With the conclusion of the fight, Mike casually moved away from the witch and held a dagger in front of him. Clearly she was drained from using magic like that, though in honesty, if she was truly a fighter, she wouldn't be so winded so easily. Something didn't add up. "Well, that is done, now lets finish this between us so I can go home." Mike says, keeping his voice level and calm. He still hated all demons, but seeing how the woman could control fire had quenched some of his desire to fight, though he would never let a demon roam free if he could help it.

On this bed I lay
Losing everything
Was it all too much
Or just not enough
I will survive

(Is fire your element? As a witch you can use all five elements, albeit at a lower level than Hunters can. However your true Hunter element will be on par with the strongest of Hunters, so it won't be draining like the other elements are.)
ARoyalWitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:02 pm
Alice Leland
User Image

She shouldn't have pushed herself so hard. She knew fire wasn't her forte and tried to force it beyond what she was capable of. Damn. Damn it all. Alice stood up straight, her eyes glued to his dagger. "I am not a demon, damn it." She held her dagger up as straight as she could, though her hand trembled a bit.

Her dark eyes traced the line of the dagger up to his face. "Do we really have to do this?" She almost pleaded. "Can't we call it a draw and try again later?" Alice saw the resolution in his eyes and almost had a shred of respect for him for not wavering. Though she could have sworn he was less gung-ho about it now.

The self-loathing dark part of her soul told her to toss the dagger aside and let him end it for her. The bit of herself she couldn't deny, the dark shadows who whisper in her ear from time to time. She didn't want to die though. She just wanted to live in peace. She knew she couldn't but she couldn't help but want it anyway.

She looked around, almost in a daze for a moment before she dropped her voice to a whisper. "I'm not a demon. Not exactly." She looked up at him and her eyes softened. "Just, please." She hated begging. She hated herself for doing it, but she didn't have enough left in her to fight. Maybe, just maybe he could be reasoned with. She hoped so.

((I figured lightning would be her element, which is why pushing so hard with casting that fire spell wiped her out. I can scale it back if you want.))

DragonSlayer Arcos

Royal Magick

Mega Mage

7,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Regular 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:35 pm
User Image

Michael Schroeder
        On the ground I lay
        Motionless in pain
        Did I fall asleep?
        Is this all a dream

He didn't understand her reluctance to fight him. All demons wanted to fight him, to kill him and strike a blow to the infamous Riley Schroeder, greatest Hunter of his time. It was ironic that even if Mike died, his father wouldn't bat a eye over it. More likely he would sneer and rejoice in the fact his element-less shame of a son was gone. "Not a demon? Not really?" Mike scoffs, never taking his eyes off the witch. "I am not an idiot, the magic you used was demon magic, even now residual traces of it are making my demon sense flicker." Mike sneers, brandishing his dagger teasingly.

Then the demon began to beg, What kind of demon begs for her life? Mike wonders to himself, though he knew demons could lose their nerve to fight, it happened rarely and very far in-between encounters. "If you aren't a demon, then what are you supposed to be?" The question is put forth with a mocking tone, no effort in hiding his hate.

On this bed I lay
Losing everything
Was it all too much
Or just not enough
I will survive

(Lightning sounds fine, and you did good with demonstrating the toll it took to use another element. Lightning is a dead element, and the strongest in destructive potential, so you and I will be the only Hunters to have it.)
ARoyalWitch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:46 pm
Alice Leland
User Image

He looked at her with such hate. It didn't bother her though, she was used to that look. She heard his scathing disgust of her and it at least was something familiar. He asked the question that she had asked herself and had been asked more times than she could ever count. It was one she knew all too well. If she was going to fight it harmed no one that she tell him what she truly was. Either she'd die or he'd die and it'd be the end of it either way.

"An abomination." The raw emotion in her voice made it quaver and almost break as that accursed word was spat from her lips like poison.

She looked up at him, a mix of self-hatred and a deeply burning anger filled her dark eyes from beneath her soaked hair. "Does that work for you? I am something that should not be. Something that cannot be, but yet am. I am half demon and half Hunter." Anger cracked her voice again and she cursed herself for letting it get to her.

Alice wanted to cry. She wanted to throw herself down and cry right there. She was so very tired, and her hand began to waver a bit more to the point where she had to focus to keep it from trembling in her grasp. She refused to show that much weakness. She'd at least die strong.

Her eyes were locked on his, wanting to see his reaction. Alice had no hope now that he'd spare her, but maybe it didn't matter anymore. It just felt good to let that out of her. It was as if she had drained poison from a ragged wound. That, in and of itself, was enough.

((okay that sounds good to me and thank you.))

DragonSlayer Arcos

Royal Magick

Mega Mage

7,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Regular 100

DragonSlayer Arcos

Vicious Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:16 pm
User Image

Michael Schroeder
        On the ground I lay
        Motionless in pain
        Did I fall asleep?
        Is this all a dream

Her revelation was something akin to blasphemy. His eyes widened and his hand lowered for a moment, then his face took on a dangerous look and his hand holding the dagger returned to its position in the air. "That is a lie, and a pathetic one at that!" Mike says, looking for a hint of something to prove him right. The girl seemed to be happy to have said what she had, but also scared, self-loathing, and angry. Her stance also shifted somewhat, like she was losing her will to even resist him, like she wanted to die.

"Demons and Hunters cannot have children together. Our bloods don't mix. A simple example is when a Hunter is infected with the shifter virus, it literally tears the Hunter apart." Mike says, waving his hand holding the dagger about to emphasize his point. "Besides, a Hunter would never mate with demon filth, never!" But a nagging thought in the back of his head starts to wonder about the possibility, and try as he might, he cannot let the idea go. To solidify his statements, he says. "If you are a Hunter, then show me your element." He knew the woman would fail, Hunters elements could only be unlocked during the ceremony every Hunter participated in when they were 15. Besides, to further prove she was lying, Mike would be able to detect the demonic magic when she used an element, if she chose to cooperate. If not, then he would simply kill her and be on his way.

On this bed I lay
Losing everything
Was it all too much
Or just not enough
I will survive

ARoyalWitch

RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items