Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
↜Halloween↭OOC↝ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 63 64 65 66 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

STORY ...involves a small town surrounded by a thick wooded area. Rumors circulate about a party going down on Halloween night. Some human trick-or-treaters in full costume and plain party crashers decide to find where it is. They bike or walk until they find it. The house looks condemned. The only way to enter it is from the back because the porch is caved in. When they start to mingle in the house, they soon realize that it's not a party for human beings. The majority of the guests and hosts are goblins, ghouls, witches, ghosts... the list goes on. The otherworldly creatures don't immediately notice the presence of the uninvited. The night is too dark, too cold, and of course it smells like humans there. There's a plate of human livers on the buffet table. Some of them look drunk. You know. The people with the goat feet... and horns.

RULES ...are straightforward and the same as every other RP, respect Gaia TOS, respect other players, and no one liners. If you have to leave the RP for any reason please notify those you've interacted with ahead of time. To join and stay for a long while, character blurb has to be one beautiful sentence so I can put it in the guest list.Have as many characters as necessary. But the more characters you have then the more posts might be expected. Obviously. Quote for faster replies. Do not quote whole posts.

SO ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT IT BEGINS...You were told to find the jack-o-lanterns. To follow them. They lead the way. Cold winds howl through the black silhouettes of trees. There is the sound of distant laughter. Whoops and hollers. The logical step is to go towards those sounds. The full moon glows from between the trembly, spidery fingers of barren branches. It's dark, but there's light to see. Soon, upon coming closer the looming shadow of the house materializes from the web of darkness. The outer planks look rotten and the pain is weathered away. The glass windows are either cracked or boarded up. There are lights, but it isn't well lit around here. There is still a chance to stumble over things in the lawn. You follow the shapes of other people to a door in the back. The front of the house is a disaster. There are stairs. They are narrow and steep. Creak, creak, creak...

THE HELL? If you are a creature of the night then everything on the table looks fantastic. Some of the other guests look nervous and aren't very sociable but parties are like that. Not everybody wants to shake your claw or exchange emails let alone fly with you or hear you talk about that fungus in your fur you don't know how to get rid of. How about a phone number? When someone scurries away, you need a reflective surface to check your teeth. Maybe it's the liver on your breath.

WHAT'S GOING ON HERE? ...If you're a human being then only a quarter of these things are edible. All the guests look friendly. You immediately try to think of polite and clever ways to refuse certain things that are offered to you. It occurs to you that you and any of the friends you came in with can't get caught. You're in the wrong place. The rooms of the house are filling up and the one entrance is thick with party goers who might be humans like you... or not.

STAYING FOR A FEW HOURS WON'T HURT... Every room is crammed full of eclectic decor. Clunky frames on the walls. Antique lamps. Floral, lumpy sofas. Ugly armchairs. Every room is hideous. The carpets are a mixture of animal pelt and oriental rugs. The love seats are leather and ivory. Things gilded with gold are eyesores. The intricate patterns clash and the ugliness goes even into the bathroom with faucets that look like gargoyles.

There are several small rooms next to each other. The halls worm into each one at strange intersections. Some lack doors and might originally have been closets. It's cozy. It's claustrophobic. The ceilings are high. It's a house with two floors, an attic, and a cellar. Wood panels. Wooden floors. Some places don't look safe to walk. Plates of food sit atop bookshelves and random tables.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:09 pm
Raff_sapphire6

It looks impressive already. Watching the show and am now understanding it's awesomeness. Although truth be told this show isn't as scary as I thought it would be. I get scared straight with shows like these and this is just not doing it for me. Must be the amateurs they are not amusing me as I thought they would. Oh, we totally need a chick who cries and screams all the time, apparently it is the must needed cliche. XD Will I need to send in a sample?

Nope. I've seen and read your posts in the Doppelganger walk in. Just send a reserve and we're cool. Some episodes are slower and less interesting than others. I watch ALL the paranormal shows. Celebrity Ghost Stories is one of my favorites.

I like The Shining too. So, I have that in mind. In the mix too. Secretly. I don't know what it is about me watching scary movies in the summer....

I considered a prison, a hospital, and a hotel prior to choosing an abandoned private academy.....  

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

Raff_sapphire6

Invisible Gawker

16,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:15 pm
In Desolation
Raff_sapphire6

It looks impressive already. Watching the show and am now understanding it's awesomeness. Although truth be told this show isn't as scary as I thought it would be. I get scared straight with shows like these and this is just not doing it for me. Must be the amateurs they are not amusing me as I thought they would. Oh, we totally need a chick who cries and screams all the time, apparently it is the must needed cliche. XD Will I need to send in a sample?

Nope. I've seen and read your posts in the Doppelganger walk in. Just send a reserve and we're cool. Some episodes are slower and less interesting than others. I watch ALL the paranormal shows. Celebrity Ghost Stories is one of my favorites.

I like The Shining too. So, I have that in mind. in the mix too. Secretly. I don't know what it is about me watching scary movies in the summer....

My Favorite was the most haunted places in America, i think that's the title. I remember watching an episode about a hotel and several murders, one was a death of a child and the swing they had put up for her never stops swinging, that one got to me. I had to sleep with my light on that night. Okay I will send in a reserve, I just gotta figure out who I want. Plus I want to watch more of the show. XD

I like the idea of a private academy there is a lot you can do with that one.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:04 am
it might be a while before i can send you anything, dusty.
i don't know what to do character wise yet.
thinking about a security guard or expert.  

NIGHT TERRORS NOTHING

Big Wolf

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:26 pm
Updates? Updates. I fixed the contest rules to make it fairer to those who join late.

When the main thread gets bumped to 14. Then any of you can start posting in it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:03 pm
Roger~ wilco~!  

Crocodylus

Vicious Hunter

Raff_sapphire6

Invisible Gawker

16,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:32 pm
Can anyone link their post layout, I am trying to figure what my post layout is supposed to look like. redface It is not looking too good for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:35 pm
Uh..... taking the main thread to page two takes more work than I thought it would. Umm.......... I don't know how good the next couple will be...... Hope the mood isn't too Lovecraftian...... Dark and stormy night......

My first idea is maybe for the power and lights to go out........ Then they have to go through the halls with only flashlights.......... maybe looking for the circuit breakers for the dormitory building where they're going to leave their stuff.....and set up camp. It'll be in some janitorial closet...........  

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

Crocodylus

Vicious Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:36 pm
Raff_sapphire6
Can anyone link their post layout, I am trying to figure what my post layout is supposed to look like. redface It is not looking too good for me.

User Image
TITIAN (THE CAMERAMAN)

Do you believe in ghosts? Yes or no? Descriptive text, descriptive text, descriptive text. "Character dialogue in colored bold." Are you afraid of the dark? Lights out. Good night. Sleep well. Mwahahaha. Thoughts in colored italics. Descriptive text, descriptive text, descriptive text.

LOG: Who, what, where, how, why?
OOC: Blank.
EVIDENCE: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:38 pm
Crocodylus
Raff_sapphire6

Thanks!  

Raff_sapphire6

Invisible Gawker

16,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:41 pm
Raff_sapphire6

UHHHHHH.......I'm really sorry. I suck at coding. I have an obsession for things to look neat and tidy. I don't usually do more than a picture and text. No color. Guild RPs my whole life. I only got exposed to color and fanciness through friends that mosied through Barton and beyond........

........if it's too ugly I'll do anything to rectify it..... ANYTHING crying ...............
...I'll uh.... make you a digital collage....?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:45 pm
It's okay. None of my layouts ever look that great~! Because~ I dun understand computers and computer stuff. I tried to help NTN out a little but >_>" I'm just the same. I have to let the image do the talking if I'm not being lazy about making it~  

Crocodylus

Vicious Hunter

Raff_sapphire6

Invisible Gawker

16,200 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:46 pm
In Desolation
Raff_sapphire6

UHHHHHH.......I'm really sorry. I suck at coding. I have an obsession for things to look neat and tidy. I don't usually do more than a picture and text. No color. Guild RPs my whole life. I only got exposed to color and fanciness through friends that mosied through Barton and beyond........

........if it's too ugly I'll do anything to rectify it..... ANYTHING crying ...............
...I'll uh.... make you a digital collage....?

Oh no it is beautiful coding, I wasn't sure if I had to put quotes and stuff in, I didn't realize that was where our main text will go and you were just explaining what you wanted. XD I was...being stupid...I'm sorry. >.> Don't hate me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:55 pm
You scared meee.  

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

In Desolation

Invisible Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:14 pm
My browser keeps freezing and crashing....... My game crashed twice today. I need to do some computer maintenance..........

I post one more time....... Then! The RP is ready for posting!  
U/C

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 63 64 65 66 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff