Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!! (Open AND Accepting!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:23 am
Hello everyone, my name is Lord Sithious, and if you don't know who I am, you won't understand the title. I have been gone from Gaia, this guild, and roleplaying in general for a VERY long time, possibly 3 years in fact. The reason? Well, as it turns out, Canada (which I live in, and is also above America) has what has been called "3rd world internet service". What does that mean? I have lived in a house with no internet for about 3 years, making access to Gaia limited. We recently moved, though we do not have a permanent house yet (I'm staying with a friend for now). But I decided; "You know, Gaia was pretty fun, and it looks like they could use some good old fashioned Lord Sithious roleplaying!" Now true, not all of my roleplays were breath taking (some were flops sadly to say), but I improved over time. In my time away from Gaia though, I feel my story writing skills have increased dramatically, and now it seems like I might be able to put together some very deep and entertaining stories.

So ladies and gentlemen, are you bored of same old same old? Are you sick of good roleplays dying quickly? Are you looking for that roleplay with just some extra spice? Do you want something you can put as much love and attention into as the writer did? Do you need something deeper and more compelling than what is available right now?

If you answered yes to even one of these questions, then allow me to ask you this; would you consider taking a chance and try making what could be some amazing roleplays with me? If yes is your answer, then lets begin right here and now.

I already have a few ideas for some roleplays. If you're interested, let me know and I'll see if I can get something going. I don't want to do too many roleplays at once, as it starts to get difficult to cope with. But I will try and give you all as much variety as is possible.

Here are the first few roleplays I have.

1. A Fantasy roleplay (I don't have a name yet, but ask me for more info and I will gladly give you more) (Takes place in the mythical land of Ascalion)

2. “The Dictators” (semi-steampunk type fascist civil war in a fictional nation I made. Great story if you're into power struggles. You might like this if you've played Dishonored, watched V for Vendetta, are interested in WW1 and 2, or if you simply like steampunk. I don't yet have a name for the country, but I can give more info on request.)

3. "How the West was World War Won" (US Civil War/World War. Civil War in US, plus America is invaded by Britain and Japan as a team, France, Spain, Germany, Austria-Hungary, and possibly Russia. Becomes a semi-world war. Obviously takes place in America. It will probably be semi-steampunk. It should also be noted that while America is in a more Civil War era setting, the invading countries are closer to late Victorian era.)

If any of these appeal to you, PLEASE let me know as I would LOVE to get them up and running! You can also ask me questions here or pm me if you have any questions about the roleplays or the rules and what have you. Keep in mind, I am looking for people who can be mostly dedicated to these roleplays (I hate feeling like a cool character gets pushed under the rug from inactivity). The ideal is that you post here regularly and make your character as important to the story as the others, as well as seeing that you go through with the roleplay until the end.

So, I believe that says it all. Again, get back to me if you're interested, and I VERY much hope to be hearing from people in the near future!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:23 pm
I guess I need to bump this. :/  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:46 pm
Should I be going around in other areas talking about this? No one seems to be paying any attention to this. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:52 pm
I just saw this thread and, though I'm not from Canada, I've just recently come back to Gaia after a three year absence. I would love to start up a role play with you. I'm down for the fantasy one or the Steampunk one. I would like to hear about them!  

Player Advisor

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:06 pm
Thanks for the reply! It's good to hear about someone else who came back too! xd Well, I'll try and keep my descriptions somewhat brief, as I am going to be interrupted pretty soon and won't be back for a little while.

"The Dictators". Basically, this story takes place in a semi-steampunk (think of Dishonored for reference, also feels kinda like WW2 and/or WW1) kingdom (haven't figured out the name yet) who's king had been murdered just a few years ago. Now, a Fascist grand council has taken the place of the government and is robbing, beating, and killing anyone who opposes them, or does not fit their perception of a "pure human". Now, as you'd expect, there are of course rebellions that would pop up and try and over throw this. But, they aren't the main focus to this story. The nation is teetering on the brink of civil war as leaders conspire to betray and overthrow each other. These men all fight for the right to be... Dictators. Some of these men will be horrible, cruel, and abominable. But... there may be some few leaders, just a few, who deep down TRULY care about their people. These men may fight to be dictators, but they live to be heroes.

Also, on that note, I have a map for this nation, but I may need some time to actually upload it. Brace yourself though, it might have to be a drawing on lined paper. xd Oh, and on this note, I have done the same for a map with my fantasy roleplay.

The fantasy roleplay (don't have a name yet). The fantasy roleplay takes place on a far off planet (don't have a planet name yet, but I have LOTS of country names) in a far off galaxy. The people living on this planet live lives of medieval times, with swords, magic, and old-fashioned flintlock type guns. Our story mainly revolves around the newly formed (or forming, depending on what part of the nation's history I choose to start from) nation of Ascalion, an old Empire that had existed for millenia, was destroyed millenia ago, and is finally being brought back to life. But, there are many who do not wish to see such a nation be brought to life. You will decide who you support in a world of greed and lust for power. Will you join Ascalion, her enemies, yourself, or the dark creatures that hate everything good with this world; the Demans. Remember though, in this world, your actions may change history, for better or for worse.

Well, what do you think so far?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:12 pm
Oh, and by the way, I'm trying to make the fantasy roleplay somewhat similar to "The Elder Scrolls" series being that you aren't just taking part in a single story, but the history of this nation and the universe it's in. But, you don't have to be a fan of TES to enjoy it I would assume. biggrin  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Player Advisor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:14 pm
Lord Sithious
Oh, and by the way, I'm trying to make the fantasy roleplay somewhat similar to "The Elder Scrolls" series being that you aren't just taking part in a single story, but the history of this nation and the universe it's in. But, you don't have to be a fan of TES to enjoy it I would assume. biggrin

Hot dayamn! I love The Elder Schrolls games! Bethesda takes all my money whenever they come out with their games!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:23 pm
I have to say the Fantasy one appeals to me most, as most of my other RPs are themed as such. But I have a LARP with my best friend that has a steampunk pirate from another planet. Her species is pretty much another human type, but they are graced with gifts such as healing, or foresight, or mentalism. I could tell you more, but this is your roleplay, so I'll see what you come up with. biggrin  

Player Advisor

Player Advisor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:26 pm
For the Dictators, I have a prince character who would fit in nicely. Of corse he may not be a prince in this rp, but I love him.

Still, the fantasy one sounds most appealing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:58 pm
Awesome! The last time I was on Gaia, I wasn't as big into TES as I am today, so I never really got to connect with any other fans at the time, but it's awesome to have a fellow fan around!

I'm glad you like the fantasy idea! I'm still troubled with what part of the history to put it in, but I think I can come up with something. As for the pirate, that's okay since my main character is descended from the imperial blood line and from an ancestor who came from another planet as well. Since guns are here (albeit, guns that use magic instead of bullets), piracy seems to be okay, and I don't really have total restrictions on the clothing styles, so piratey looking clothes should be acceptable.

As for The Dictators, I'm not totally sure about a prince character (at least from the King's blood line, I was more thinking I would have his whole family pretty much out of the picture), but a foreign Prince, or even a nobleman (there is a HUGE aristocracy in the country), that would be acceptable. I may change my feelings on people being related to the King, but my main goal is to pretty much leave the throne empty. At least for now. I may do a sequel later on if this turns out well, which may put someone on the throne, but I don't want to spoil to much of the story. wink  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:06 pm
Oh, another thing I almost forgot as well, I have actually been planning on a "TES" roleplay at somepoint, taking place 200 years after the events of Skyrim. I don't want to spoil to many details, but I think it ties up some loose ends very nicely, and it will make for some VERY exciting battles!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:08 pm
Could be something along the lines as martin septim for the prince. How his identity as son of the emperor was concealed because the king had an affair with someone. My prince character was born with a family birthmark. Due to reasons in the other RP, it was taken from him, (Darned dimensional wizards and their prices). But if you did change your mind about the bloodline thing, there could be a story line there.

If not, that's cool. Just tossing out ideas. I'm adaptable. 3nodding  

Player Advisor

Player Advisor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:10 pm
Lord Sithious
Oh, another thing I almost forgot as well, I have actually been planning on a "TES" roleplay at somepoint, taking place 200 years after the events of Skyrim. I don't want to spoil to many details, but I think it ties up some loose ends very nicely, and it will make for some VERY exciting battles!

Nice! You have given me hope. I'm looking for a good rp. When my boyfriend gets a laptop, I know he'll want to join too. He should get one as soon as his tax return comes in. Then you'll have another rper  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:14 pm
Excellent! Actually, I find having some couples involved might make it interesting too, I always find they have an interesting way of roleplaying together! biggrin I'm glad you are looking forward to this though, I've really needed to try roleplaying for a long time, but I am still a little nervous for how it might turn out. Most of these stories I came up with and developed as my own things, so it feels like I'm letting my kids go off to school or something. xd Odd I know, but still, I am excited to see how everything turns out!  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Player Advisor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:19 pm
Me too. just let me know when and where to start!  
U/C

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff