Welcome to Gaia! ::

Art Trade Center

Back to Guilds

Art trades, collaborations and WIPs! All artists welcome! 

Tags: art trades, art requests, critique, hobby, collaboration 

Reply Art Trades: Art for Art
New to the guild? Introduce yourself! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rooke

Destruction

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:26 pm
Welcome to Art Trade Center!
If you see someone you would like to trade art with, please quote them so they will be notified ^^ (I don't think Gaia updated Guilds to let people know there are new posts in their thread D: )

Tell us a little about yourself!

Here's some ice breakers if you don't know where to start:

-What's your favorite medium?
-Do you have a favorite artist?
-Recommend any good comics/manga?
-Do you have a gallery?
-How long have you been drawing?
-Do you prefer traditional over CG or vice versa?
-What's your favorite store for art supplies?
-What are your artistic weaknesses/strengths?
-What are your art pet peeves?
-Do you collect art supplies like I do? 8D;;

:3  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:25 pm
Hi, I'm egregiouslyEloquent! I go by EE, Double E, or just plain Hayden.

-My favorite medium would have to be plain ol' colored pencils. I'm better at controlling them.
-I don't really have a favorite artist, but I do love Bridget Riley.
-Good comics? Oh, my gosh, Gunnerkrigg Court. Don't be put off by the beginning's style - the art improves at breakneck speed, and the story's freaking fantastic!
-I've been drawing with intent to improve for... seven years now?
-I love both, but I prefer traditional for my own art, as I'm just better at putting pencil to paper than stylus to tablet.
-My art supplies are mostly gifts, but I tend to get them on my own at either Hobby Lobby or, believe it or not, Staples.  

egregiouslyEloquent

Aijin Sama

Liberal Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:47 am
Hey everyone I'm Aijin Sama c:

I lurk around the Mini Shops and it's sub forums, and frequently give out art <3

I work in a variety of mediums such as: Water color, water soluble oil paints, gauche, charcoal, chalk pastels, oil pastels, pen & ink, plain old graphite, and of course digital media. I have no favorite, but on gaia I tend to use only digital media do to my inherent laziness of not wanting to scan.

My interest in art was sparked seven years ago, but only within the past four years have I taken it seriously. It's a favorite hobby of mine along with reading and game playing of all sorts.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd like. I love to chat :3  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:01 am
Hi, I'm Lyllisa or just Lisa(that's my real name lol). I'm 17 and I'm from Norway 3nodding

My favorite medium is definitely digital, I use SAI to draw and color. I also love painting but I don't have the patience to refine paintings a lot so I don't do it much OTL
Like most people I've been drawing my entire life, but my digital journey started 5 months ago. I'm really proud of the improvement i've shown after I started drawing digitally!

For good comics, read anything by Brian Vaughan, particularly Y: The Last Man and Saga emotion_kirakira  

the christmas art fairy

Golden Gaian

Octomomo

Lazy Teammate

24,425 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:51 am
hello everyone! my name is Dj Amyz and i'm glad to join this guild for some help for a project i'm doing. you can see my request thread on the art freebies forum and you'll know what the reason i'm doing this.

-i do have a favorite artist, more like favorite comic maker/writer/animator/artist. and that is Andrew Hussie, the mighty Hussie, the creator of the universe, and the maker of my favorite Webcomic.
- i prefer to read Attack on Titan, it's a very good new manga i'm trying to read for a while. all though my brother doesn't like it becuase it's too "serious" for him. xD
-i been drawing since Kindergarten, but i'm still not that good so still the basics.
- all though i wanted to learn digital, but traditional that the only thing i can do for now.
- Lee's art store in i think 57st. in New York.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:32 am
Heyo guys ; w ; / I'm RedMenae - but you guys can just call me Red, Menae or Monde (what most people call me outside of Gaia |'D)

Don't really have a favorite medium in particular...I do a lot of digital work personally, but otherwise I like to mix and match and experiment. ; u ; Favorite artist is Der-Shing Helmer (webcomic artist of The Meek - which is on hiatus atm, but I'd still heavily recommend giving it a read for her beautiful art style! !).

Been drawing since I was very young, and I don't particularly have a preference for either, but I tend to do more digital work as I'm currently without a scanner. Favorite art store for supplies is a store called d**k Blick's Art Supply ; u ; They always have a lot of awesome deals and an amazing variety of things to choose from.

Hmm that's about it I think...feel free to PM me or chat or whathaveyou - love meeting new people and whatnot ; w ;/

redmenae

baeruto

Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:03 am
Hey, I'm Tampering Tampons but you can either call me just Tampons or Jules :3

My favorite medium would be plain old pencil and paper because it's easier for me to handle; although I do have a tablet...I just haven't gotten the time to play with it enough to be really good so I wanna start using it more often

I've been drawing for about 7 years and I feel like I'm just out of practice like I haven't really done anything with my skills so I might as well use them if I've got them.

I most definitely prefer traditional for myself, just because with my pencil I can get the exact shading I want and the precision I imagine; whereas I haven't practiced with my tablet enough to be at that point and I haven't learned the patience lol but I love seeing other people's digital art (I always get jealous)

My favorite store for art supplies...that's such a hard question because I haven't bought any of my supplies and they were all gifts (of some sort.) My mom and dad both draw so they had a lot of art supplies just around but I think I'd have to say my college's book store because they have everything.

emotion_bigheart

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:07 pm
Hello, I'm Silveron Wolf, ya can just call me Silveron. I'm rather reserved but love talking to people. ^^
-Favorite medium is probably a good old pencil, charcoals fun, I mostly do CG though. lwl
-Favorite artist, nope I don't have one.
-Errr wow, been awhile since I'v looked for a comic or manga to read, I read a webtoon weekly for a few years now. "Kubera"
-Errr probably since I could hold a crayon with out eating it, there are stick kitties under the dinning room table. I draw as a stress relevier and did so all through school so I could concentrating. Seriously drawing for 5-6 years now though since I decided to go to a 3D art college for 2 of those years.
-I like both CG and traditional, CG's just easier since I don't have to find a working pencil. `~`
-Ummm I go to Deserres or Staples or art stuff.

Silveron Wolf

Invisible Phantom

13,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Hunter 50

Arjoko

Dapper Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Hello, I'm Wiz Combatir, normally just called Wiz, or Lena (cuz of my DA). My favorite medium isss pencil and paper for sketches, but any digital program for lining (I get to fix up any mistakes, woot!).

My faaaavorite artist would beee either Piru, Razuri-Chan oorrr Yuki Midorikawa (mangaka) orrr Tsukuba Sakura (mangaka)

So of course I'm going to recommend Natsume's Book of Friends by Midorikawa, which has both anime and manga. And also I recommend Penguin Revolution by Tsukuba Sakura, which is just a manga.

By when I started you mean when I started caring more than a time killer, theennn I've been drawing fooor about 7 years I think... Middle school to now?? Maybe 8 years... I dunno.

If I'm watching something or reading it, I love both traditional and CG. I would prefer one over the other only based on the presentation/story of whatever it is.

In my area, I looooove the store Swains, but I dunno how many locations they actually have outside of this area o.o They are the only place I know that has Tombow Markers. And the only places I know that has my favorite tombow mono erasers are this store and a store in Little Tokyo.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:04 pm
Hi my name is twitchy, stephanie or stepheri. Which ever you may prefer.

I have been drawing forever and my favorite medium is pencil and paper by far.

i am trying to draw more to become a tattoo artist, i have been tattooing out of my home for 3 years now and am currently trying to impress and interested artist. I would like to know a few things about digital editing/ programs to help me do crazy stuff that i've seen online before.

Tvvitchy

Fluffy Sweetheart

14,425 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

mariann black ink

2,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:52 pm
my name is marianna

im from mexico city actually living here but i was born in cd Juarez
im 23 years old
my favorite kind of music is rock, metal and electronic
favorite color black of course
i love art i love make some draws in my notebooks and free spaces and walls xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:43 pm
Hello! My name is Elaina, I also go by Love. I am 17, soon to be 18 in July :3

I am a soon to be college student in Maryland. I actually have my hand in a few things such as fashion design, photography, clay, painting and drawing. Erhh... I guess thats correct.

My favorite medium is actually watercolor. Though I really have a difficult time painting with watercolor, I adore the beauty of them so much ;o;
Next favorite would be acrylic.

I actually don't really have a favorite artists, though a super neat photographer to check out is Robin Rhode, his collection called Walk Off is exquisite.

Animes? Black Butler and Death Note all the way. Nothing else.

I have been drawing since I was about 3, though my talent has nothing to show for. My mom is very good at art, and she has taught me a bit, plus the various art classes in High School.

I actually adore traditional, I love being able to see the brushstrokes across a canvas. Something about it appeals to me so much... I don't know why ;-;
But I do love CG, I actually normally sketch everything out on paper, and then outline/color on my computer :3

Hopefully, I'll improve drawing people.
That's my biggest downfall. But through me not humans such as animals, furries, or whatever. And I'm your girl :3  

MalevoIents

Hallowed Conventioneer

MalevoIents

Hallowed Conventioneer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:45 pm
Twitchylessthanthree
Hi my name is twitchy, stephanie or stepheri. Which ever you may prefer.

I have been drawing forever and my favorite medium is pencil and paper by far.

i am trying to draw more to become a tattoo artist, i have been tattooing out of my home for 3 years now and am currently trying to impress and interested artist. I would like to know a few things about digital editing/ programs to help me do crazy stuff that i've seen online before.

I LOVE TATTOOS.
let me see some of your work ;o;  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:47 pm
Hello~ I am JKDreamer, you can call me Jay, Dreamer, or any variant of that name. :3 Let's see, what to say about me~?

My favorite medium has to be my tablet, I use the program paint tool Sai. It's a lot of fun and comes to me easier than traditional does.

My favorite artist has to be my friend, she is amazing and I love seeing what she draws~! <3

What else? I'm from Texas, I hate the heat there though. Especially during the summer. I love to write, draw, read, and Roleplay~! I am in quite a few roleplays at the moment and that is actually where I lurk the most. Recently I got more into the art side of Gaia again, though.

Let's see...I'm very friendly, and I love to chat with people. I love music, though definitely not Rap. I guess that is all for now?  

JKDreamer

Questionable Citizen

mamatamago

Tipsy Explorer

8,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:55 pm
Hello everyone~
you can just call me Sashi
I just got invited into this guild so that's always super exciting
um...let's see I usually just do doodles because I'm not talented enough to do all the fancy artwork
I use my tablet because it's fun doing digital art but it's easier for me to do traditional
I don't really have a favorite artist but I love the anime style/chibi but I wish I knew how to water color because that's always fun
I usually just post in the AF and draw pretty much everyone, though I have a shop too it just doesn't get that much traffic really
I love meeting new people, and can pretty much talk about anything
feel free to hit me up :]

Art Trades: Art for Art

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas