Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
I'm thinking of starting up a new game, but...... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which game would you rather that I run?
  Pokémon: Prismatic Chaos
  D&D 3.5e: Cobalt Skies
View Results

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:48 am
I can't decide which to run....

Pokémon
This idea would use a system similar to that of Return of the Rockets (i.e. the actual game mechanics with manga elements mixed in). I would be organizing it better (I plan to get one of my CS buddies to make me a program OR make it myself in Excel) so it would take more work off of my shoulders. The players would still be expected to keep an updated journal with information. I do it only in case the worst happens.

The story goes something like this: As you leave your house in Pallet Town, you see a prismatic meteor streak across the sky. It plummets to the Pokémon World, sending its multi-colored rays across all the regions. One such ray crashes down in nearby Route 1. You go to check it out, only to find an Arcanine dazed in the tall grass. Another beam smacks into the ground a few feet from you. As the light fades, a Mudkip picks itself up and shakes off the glittering dust. But wait....Mudkip aren't native to Kanto. What's going on? Better go tell Professor Oak!

The game would play like a Randomized Nuzlocke game, bringing in luck of the draw as to which Pokémon you might encounter as you enter the tall grass. Pokémon will also be permanently dying when they reach -10% of their max HP. You have been warned. Also, I'm only going to take like....3 people for this.

D&D 3.5e
Haha....Alright, so this isn't going to be like a regular 3.5e campaign. If you've ever seen/played .Hack, it's going to be like that. What do I mean? A fantasy-style MMORPG. It will be a little different, as I will be creating the game to resemble a modern MMO (I'm drawing inspiration from MMOs like Dragon Nest and Forsaken World). That means multiple races, though they will be specialized in the fact that certain races can only take certain classes. Humans are exempt, however, due to their adaptability feature.

This is still in the works, as I'm still decided what is going to be based on what (race-wise) and which races will get exactly which classes.
These are the races that will be included: Cityfolk (Generic Humans), Snowkissed (Arctic-based Humans), Sandwalkers (Desert-based/Gypsy Humans), Runebound (Gray Elves), Wildhymn (Traditional Elves), Darkblood (Drow), Vanguards (Angels), Hellborn (Allurin), Feral - True Feral (Small Half-Animals), Feral - Feralkin (Kemonomimi), Sidewinders - The Fangs of Ouroboros (Venomous Snakepeople), Sidewinders - The Tail of Ouroborus (Constrictor Snakepeople)
Still many options, yes?

Now for the story:
Hey! Have you heard about Cobalt Skies? I hear that it's a new MMO designed by Lost Dragon Studios. It's supposed to be reminiscent of the olden days, when there were forests and animals on the Earth, according to their genius programmer. It's the newest and hottest thing out right now! It has a fully immersive sensory output system. I heard it's SUPER realistic! I checked their site and they have so many cool options. You should really try it! There's an in-game event for newcomers in a few days. You'll be there for it, right?

So, yeah.... The party limit (max I'll accept) for this one will probably be around 4 or 5, depending on interest.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 3:22 am
I'm always down for something pokemon, and seeing "randomized nuzlocke" only reminds me of my nuzlocke runs, so you could definitely count me in for that...  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:23 pm
Soap Disco

Lol Of course =v=/

I did a randomized Nuzlocke run of Emerald recently. Having Rayquaza as your starter kind of makes the game super easy.... éué;;
Camerupt OP, as well.  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:33 pm
Also: I hope to start one of these in 2-3 weeks. I'll be able to devote all of my attention to the game starting then. It'll probably get a little slower in late September though, when my college starts up again.

Til then, College Finals FTW //cries  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Zovers

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:40 pm
I would love the D&D MMO setting! Let me know if you're going to start this up!  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:59 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Also: I hope to start one of these in 2-3 weeks. I'll be able to devote all of my attention to the game starting then. It'll probably get a little slower in late September though, when my college starts up again.

Til then, College Finals FTW //cries

ya, I'll definitely keep an eye out for your games. Either way it goes, I'll probably join up. Pokemon is awesome and I've heard 3.5 is a broken version of pathfinder [really it was pathfinder was a fixed 3.5] so I'd love to let my mind loose on that system

aslo, thought you'd enjoy this. I started up an emerald randomizer for nuzlocke. One of the starters was Regirock, so I naturally went with it. At level 5, his only move is explosion...I cried  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:46 pm
Audio Blur
ya, I'll definitely keep an eye out for your games. Either way it goes, I'll probably join up. Pokemon is awesome and I've heard 3.5 is a broken version of pathfinder [really it was pathfinder was a fixed 3.5] so I'd love to let my mind loose on that system

aslo, thought you'd enjoy this. I started up an emerald randomizer for nuzlocke. One of the starters was Regirock, so I naturally went with it. At level 5, his only move is explosion...I cried

Well, 3.5e is somewhat broken in its own way. It's going to be a bit less broken, since I'm limiting what you can choose, though.
Anyways, I'm looking more forward to Pokémon than D&D 3.5. I'm already going to be in an irl campaign for 3.5e and I would rather not double-up on a system, even if it would be easier.

HAHA YUUUUUUP. My friend did the same with a Regice. It was worse when one of my other friends went to Dewford and the entire cave was filled with Registeel.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:23 pm
For the Pokemon setting, do you have a dedicated system you absolutely want to run it under, or would you be happy with a suggestion?
Say... Pokemon: Tabletop Adventures or United?  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:09 pm
Seph Baelzara

Hmmm.... Well, your link doesn't actually tell me anything about the system and I'm not about to download a pdf for a system I might not use, so......

I've just been using the actual in-game equations. They seem to work well enough. I've been incorporating crits and hit chance with die. The only thing that's a pain is trying to catch a Pokémon. AMG that equation is annoying. =v=;;

But, anyways, thanks for the suggestion.  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:07 am
So... you're going to shrug off a suggestion of a community tested and built system, made ESPECIALLY FOR POKEMON?
They've taken out all of your guess work, all of the math has been boiled down so it's easy to work with, and every single 'mon up to Gen V has been statted within that system, bar none. Yeah, smart move...  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:45 am
Seph Baelzara

It's called they have nothing up on their site, so I have no way to judge how good the system might be.

There's no reason to be condescending. I find it better to stick to something that works than some system (still in beta, I might add) that may or may not be balanced. My way was tested and built for Pokémon. Its creators seem to like the system just fine.
Besides, there are sites dedicated to using the Pokémon's IVs and EVs to generate their stats, without the need for me to put in any extra effort. ((i.e. Pokecharms, Serebii, Marriland))

So, yes, Seph. I believe I made the right choice.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:28 pm
I would love to do both! The MMO campaign sounds amazing though! You'll have to let us know when you have them up and running.  

panic_memors

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:02 pm
panic_memors

Of course.

I plan on putting one of them up around the 15th. I can quote you once it's up, if you'd like me to?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:49 pm
Please do! Can't wait to hear from you.

xX_Terei_Xx

panic_memors

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:56 pm
o.o If I made a reappearance, would I be allowed to play in whichever game you ran?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff