Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The state of Rain's games - Please read and give input! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:19 pm
Okay, here's all my current games:
BRAVE NEW WORLD - With Spork and Arc gone, the only member of the "original" group is left, and I always hate just swapping out parties to go on a quest they have no emotional investment in. As such, I'm thinking of closing it for good.

THE FATE OF ALL THINGS - I had... have a great storyline planned for it (same with BNW too, for what it's worth), and it's a shame I didn't get a chance to develop it further. This was right around when my grandmother's health started to fail and all my games suffered because of it. For this game, I'm definitely closing it, but I might reboot it.

MERC WORK - I still like the concept of this game. As mentioned above, everything went to heck on me and I wasn't able to devote that much time for it. If I have enough interest still, I might just end all the current missions, giving you rewards for success, and start the next round if enough people still want to play.

GOD HUNTERS - An amusing concept. I'm content to leave it "closed" for now and wait until people want to play it again.

COLISEUM - I had an idea for a revamped version (I actually started work in this subforum) but life happened. I'll likely leave it closed for a while longer then attempt a new one. I'm pretty sure my notes for the revamp are packed away in my stuff still on the East Coast, so I'd have to re-revamp it again.

JADE LEGACY - All my players are still around, and I think more or less waiting on me. This game will keep running.

THE DESTROYER WAR - The game is recent enough where I'm going to keep upon it. I made it a point to pack away my notes for this game and Jade Legacy with me when I moved. I'm going to be posting again in it real soon and see how that goes.

Any players in ANY of these games, please post your thoughts on these for me in this thread.

--------------------

As for what I might be replacing the retiring games with, I'll type up a few pitches, and see what clicks. ANYONE may post/vote on these. You aren't limited (at this point) to only one choice.

GOBLINS (D&D 4e) - As I've been promising for awhile now, I will run a game set in the Goblins universe. The premise will be the same as the start of the comic, though you will not be playing in the same Clan as the comic. This is a completely separate incident, in a different place and different time than the comic. I intend to not use a single person or location from the comic.

For a note on characters, you will be using the Goblin stat block from the Monster Manual, page 278 (it will be provided for those without when the game starts). You will be goblins - WITHOUT Class Levels - defending your village from adventurers, and if any of you survive the penultimate encounter, then we'll talk smile

MIDNIGHT (D&D 3.5) - To those unfamiliar with the Midnight setting, it is a dark game where heroes no longer have an advantage, but rather, are at a huge disadvantage the entire time. The premise is that a dark god, Izrador, has sundered the world's connection from the other gods and after three attempts, has succeeded in conquering it. Now everyone is either enslaved or in hiding, and anyone with an ounce of courage to stand up against his will is executed by either his armies of orcs or his Legates that serve to hunt down such individuals.

Weapons are outlawed, Magic is traceable, there is no Divine connections to count on... what chance does the humanoid races have? As if sparked by some dying will of these races, individuals are being born with exceptional abilities that others of their kind do not share - a mechanic called a Heroic Path, that advances as you advance in level. You have so little options, these inherited advantages are often all you have to count on to keep you alive.

I don't have any set campaign hook in mind right now, but it's the campaign itself which is the selling point. Many of the classes are either gone or revised, so don't count on many options outside of what Midnight grants you. If people have enough interest, this is the only 3rd-edition game I'd run (only because it's IMPOSSIBLE to convert this to 4th edition ^-^).

THE END OF ALL THINGS (D&D 4e) - This is a potential reboot of a game I tried to get off the ground, then life happened. The premise is that dark omens showing the end of the world are upon you and you, adventurers, are hired by a local but great kingdom to hunt down the source of the danger and save the world.

This would not pick up where the game had gotten to, but rather, starting fresh. Those who played the first game will see the same things happening to start, but then again, we didn't get very far, did we?

SETTLERS (D&D 4e) - A new island has been discovered by explorers, and the burgeoning population of a kingdom across the sea has decided to relocate some of its people there. Many types are needed: Farmers, to produce food; Carpenters, to build homes; Masons, to help build defensive structures; Tailors, to make clothing for people; Smiths, to create tools for people to use... OH! And you guys, who will need to clear away any dangers to the new population that's just off the boat!

What kind of creatures might exist here? Did any civilizations once flourish in this place? Do the remnants of any previous settlers remain that you can utilize? What kind of treasures might exist that might bring you great wealth and glory? No one knows the answers to these. But maybe you'll find out.

THE VOID (D&D 4e) - What happens to all the worlds, the heroes, the memories of those that are sucked into the guild's Void? Many assume that these things are lost to time immemorial, forever becoming legend.

However, cracks have begun to form in the guild's walls that maintain its integrity. Pieces of these stories are starting to bleed through into the present, showing us that the past is never truly gone.

The Void is a game about all the games that have died off in the guild. Whole worlds are a bit difficult to fit through a crack in reality, but you know what isn't? One of your past characters from a long-lost campaign. Everything that happened to that character in that game, happened. Your memories are accurate. But suddenly, you are in a NEW world with others like you who were saved from the brink of oblivion... however, you aren't exactly welcomed by the inhabitants of this place, and they'd sooner see you dead and gone. The Void is a game about memory and about prejudice. Note, that characters may have to be adjusted from when you last used them to balance it out with the rest of the players.

SEASONS (D&D 4e) - In this world, the world is a very harsh place to survive in - yet many peoples have managed to hold on and thrive regardless. What makes this world so dangerous, though? Mother Nature itself has seemingly turned against the people who lives in her wilds, and been attempting to bring them to extinction!

In a world where Spring brings a powerful surge of growth in plantlife... in a world where Summer brings blazing heat that threatens to incinerate everything... in a world where Autumn turns beasts mad and savage as they prepare themselves for the cold months ahead by gorging themselves on your crops and your flesh... in a world where Winter is relentless and buries everyone beneath fields of frigid snow... how can you survive?

A Deva has appeared before the King, one that has survived for several centuries with his mind intact, tells him of a time not too long ago in the world's history where the elements were peaceful, and everyone lived harmoniously with the world... until one year, where everything went mad, and has been mad since. The deva had grown weary of his existence and upon collapsing with his final breaths, tells the King that unless action is taken soon, there will be no hope for the races of the world, that the elements grow more destructive with each passing year.

What drove the world to become like this? Can it be stopped and returned to its previous state? The King calls upon you to find these answers...

MUTANTS & MASTERMINDS - I tried a M&M game before as a zombie apocalypse game, but lately, I've been playing a lot of Sentinels of the Multiverse (at least, before I moved) and I'm in a bit of a superhero kick right now. As such, this is a pitch for a regular, generic superhero game. I only have 2nd edition M&M, but I'm going to venture out of the house soon and see if I can pick up the 3rd edition book which, from what I hear, is a touch less confusing.

If you want to be a SUPER HERO, vote Mutants & Masterminds. Having the book is handy but I have mine and I could walk you through character creation and beyond that, it's rather easy to play, especially if you're familiar with d20 systems.

3:16 - I attempted this awhile ago but interest dropped. Regardless, 3:16 is a fun game where you play a soldier in the future aboard a space craft, and your mission is to exterminate alien threats to humanity before they attack! It's a ruthless game about oppressing other cultures and killing them because they're different, and getting rewarded for it! But beware, with the perks of higher rank, comes the danger of your underlings eyeing your job, and you're so far removed in the field sometimes...

IN NOMINE - Out of the three games I've played the most over the years, this is the third. This is a fun game where you play an Angel of Heaven and you must protect mankind from the corruptive and/or destructive touch of Hell through the devil's army of infernal demons. This one too plays a bit like a superhero one, but you are, in fact, an Angel.

Where you might have great and superhuman power at your disposal, you are burdened by discretion - for Earth and the people and things upon it are part of God's plan called the Symphony, and the more you interfere with it, the greater a disturbance is created. The disturbance isn't harmful and humans/animals cannot hear it... however, other celestials can, including demons. How much attention are you willing to draw to yourself or the people you're supposed to protect while fulfilling your duties? I wonder...

WEREWOLF: THE APOCALYPSE - I've always wanted to play this game. I have New World of Darkness books as well as old ones, but I've never had a chance to play Old World of Darkness Werewolf, and I like the cut of its jib more than the new version.

About the setting, werewolves are not "created", they are born. If you're a werewolf, one of your parents was one as well. You share the special burden with others of your kind, other werewolves that are split into various Tribes from which they are descended. However, the world is in a bad state - technology is running rampant and threatens the very nature your kind survives in and swears to protect. Other supernatural creatures, especially vampires, are also a danger that wouldn't mind snuffing you out. An evil corporation that runs far too much, called Pentex, knows of your existence and would love to corrupt your kind. And, beyond all that, omens show that the Apocalypse, the end of days, is nigh approaching. Maybe not in your lifetime, maybe not in the next generation's, but sometime soon. Things are coming to a head quickly.

W:TA is a game that you get to balance a spiritual side with an inhuman, bestial one. Kinship is important to no end, but how much longer can your kind exist in a world where they are at such a disadvantage?

Other games I own... - I also have the books for All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Eclipse Phase, New World of Darkness, Old World of Darkness, (gulps) Anima, D20 Star Wars Revised, Star Trek, Monsterhearts, Legend of the Five Rings 3rd and 4th Editions, and Trail of Cthulhu. I don't have any real immediate pitches or ideas in mind but I could probably write something easily enough if there was overwhelming interest.  
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:01 pm
I'm already thinking about a Silverfang or a Get of Fenris Ragabash for a WTA campaign, Rain.

I'm also interested in the Settlers one.

Just because my desire is great, I'm tempted to set up a Way of the Daimyo level 4th edition Legend of the Five Rings game. >< I think the Way of the Daimyo rule set is nice. I may splice it into 3rd edition.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:51 pm
goblins sounds interdasting....  
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:47 pm
I'd be interested in Goblins and Settlers.  

Liquidor

Original Player

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Number Three

Generous Smoker

10,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:10 am
I've never played WtA, however I have played VtM and it's the same system so I'm interested in this.

Goblins sounds like the most brilliant idea EVER! I had a chance to play in a goblin campaign years ago, not based off that comic, but just a goblin game. It never got off the ground.

I like the sound of the challenge of the midnight game, and the settlers sounds like it would be really good too.

I've never played a table top game in a forum setting, but at the relaxed pace I think I could be a part of several games. Looking forward to this very much!  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:37 pm
Settlers caught my eye, I have to say. I've never read Goblins, but that one did, too.

And M&M is almost always interesting. : )  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:39 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Settlers caught my eye, I have to say. I've never read Goblins, but that one did, too.

And M&M is almost always interesting. : )

Since you're the most active GM in this guild currently (I guess besides me, even though I'm not sure I count with the hectic time I've been having sweatdrop ), you'd definitely be reserved for any spot in any games you want. smile  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:49 pm
VOTES THUS FAR:

Werewolf - 2
D&D Settlers - 3
Goblins D&D - 4
Midnight D&D - 1
Mutants & Masterminds - 1 2

Looks like definitely Goblins and Settlers at this point, but I'm not discounting the possibility of any other game suddenly taking off, so no promises yet!

Something I've thought of for Settlers as an interesting aspect. Since outside resources will be limited, I will keep an existing Shop list for any magic gear or items or potions. This may or may not be the extent of anything magical you find on your exploring, but I can see the shopkeeper having only some magical gear to start, and as treasure is earned to increase the wealth of the settlement, it will be turned back in to the kingdom across the sea and more, better stuff will arrive. It will limit the variety of things you can buy (so odds are you won't necessarily find that "ideal" magic weapon you'd normally find in the right market back on the mainland), but it'll allow different opportunities to try new things smile

Also, limited potions are available. So maybe some of the Rituals would be of greater use than they normally would!

ALSO before I forget, any players in games that are closing, they will also have reserved spots for any new games.

EDIT: Mongooseh votes for M&M.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:57 pm
I vote Mutants and Master Minds.

Edit: I Used to Larp W:TA. And I will just as happily Play it. I have The revised version of the book Werewolf the Apocalypse laws of the wild on pdf.  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:07 pm
I've never played Mutants & Masterminds, but I'd love to learn it.

If you decide to run it, would I be able to play as a Summoner?  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:26 pm
I wouldn't restrict any power set, as long as you paid the power points for it o_o' The idea of that on such an open and balanced system is silly to me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:35 pm
VOTES THUS FAR:

Werewolf - 3
D&D Settlers - 3
Goblins D&D - 4
Midnight D&D - 1
Mutants & Masterminds - 4  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:46 pm
I just wanted to make sure, since it's in an expansion book ^ v ^
No idea why it's in the Mecha & Manga book, though. Haha  
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:56 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
I just wanted to make sure, since it's in an expansion book ^ v ^
No idea why it's in the Mecha & Manga book, though. Haha

Odd. I'm pretty sure there's rules for it in the main book...

Yeah, page 101, "Summon (Minion)".  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:06 pm
Rain Yupa
Odd. I'm pretty sure there's rules for it in the main book...

Yeah, page 101, "Summon (Minion)".

The archetype is in the expansion, but I suppose that works.

I'm reading up on Pet Feats. *u* So many options~<3  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces