Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Great Game-full Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:55 am
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a campaign based around the "Xorvintaal Games" or "The Great Games". Now if it I can figure out a way to run it in 4.0; I will otherwise it will be stuck in 3.5.

Starting lvl: 5

Race: Basic or monster races approved by me

Setting: A world of humanoid races caught in the cross fires of the Great games of the dragons. Five adventures are either tasked with stopping the dragons or helping them.

Now the big question does anyone think it is possible to add this Xorvintaal Template for a dragon used in 4.0?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 am
Unless you convert abilities into powers. No, the mechanics between 3.5 and 4e are different enough that without work they won't just slide in.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:46 am
Well thanks it seems I'll have to stick with 3.5 then, oh well.

Setting: The country of Uligar has witnessed many Great Wars caused from by the belief that they warring countries are trying to expand their territories. The Hammerfist clan located in the Razor Ridge mountains has tried many times to conquer the Kingdom of Balthora, which houses the Human race. Although two other races watched cautiously from the sidelines as these two royal families were at war. The elven kingdom Taliir and the gnome kingdom Wobblecog helped the Humans, while the Orc kingdom of Tagukclaw and Kenku Kingdom of NightWing helped the Dwarves. After ten years of constant warring and the loss of millions of lives, the two sides ceased the war creating a truce. Now a war is brewing in the shadows again, but is it a case of just two warring families or is there something more....  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:37 pm
Are you still looking to do this?  

Gideon Commando

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:46 pm
well if I can get enough people I would love to do this campaign. I've got the dragons and their servants planned. Along with a variety of different outcomes depending on, which alignments are chosen for the characters.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:57 pm
Well count me in, if anyone else shows up. biggrin  

Gideon Commando

Morgan Night-Wind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:59 pm
I would love to roll one up, if you need another guy. Only problem, I don't know anything about the Great Games. Is it a custom story or has it been published?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:18 pm
Basically think of it as a giant game o f risk played by dragons that have lost the ability to spontaneously cast spells. You would be playing as adventures caught in the games, but yet they wouldn't know it. Since only dragons can know about the game or their servants.  

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200

Morgan Night-Wind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:39 pm
Fire fox The Overlord
Basically think of it as a giant game o f risk played by dragons that have lost the ability to spontaneously cast spells. You would be playing as adventures caught in the games, but yet they wouldn't know it. Since only dragons can know about the game or their servants.

Sounds awesome. I'll get started on my character, should have him done by tomorrow (unless I get him done by tonight...)

Do we roll stats in this thread? Standard set, 4D6's-lowest, reroll ones, scrap if mods don't make +4?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:48 pm
Morgan Night-Wind
Do we roll stats in this thread? Standard set, 4D6's-lowest, reroll ones, scrap if mods don't make +4?

Yeah 4d^'s-lowest and reroll ones. Rolling them in this thread is fine

Gideon Commando
Well count me in, if anyone else shows up.

I'll see if I can get any of my friends to join the guild, otherwise some other people from the guild might join. I'll talk to the captain.  

Mamoru Shigehito

Tricky Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200
Morgan Night-Wind rolled 12 6-sided dice: 2, 2, 5, 3, 3, 6, 1, 2, 2, 5, 1, 5 Total: 37 (12-72)

Morgan Night-Wind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:51 pm
First three stats.

Also, I know someone who might be interested, I'll shoot him a PM if we can't find enough people.  
Morgan Night-Wind rolled 12 6-sided dice: 5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 5, 6, 2, 1, 1, 4, 2 Total: 38 (12-72)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:53 pm
second three stats  

Morgan Night-Wind

Morgan Night-Wind

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:54 pm
Re-rolling my four 1's.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers