Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[4e] Ca-anas Revisited [5/5 - Full] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
Ca-anas - A realm met with several military conflicts. Throughout its bloody history, every player has had a role in the development of this shakey alliance. A temporary peace...with war on the horizon.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
This is a revisit to a campaign I started a while back, called "The Ca-anas Conflict". I have re-done the map and am working on developing more to the background of it, so I will have more information when it becomes prevalent. An important note, however, is that the players will actually have the opportunity to shape this realm.

The Nations:

Each Nation background gives you a +2 to diplomacy and streetwise checks when in that nation or interacting with someone from that nation.

Al-Jierhan Empire - A rich landscape of farmland and mountains. The Empire controls this facet of Ca-anas. The Al-Jierhan Family (the ruling family) have been devout followers of Pelor for generations, and are vehemetly against any other gods in existence. Leader: Geoff Al-Jierhan

Benefit: Divine classes gain an additional use of their channel divinity power

Republic of Kal - A trade nation, formerly a part of the Kal-Branniss Principality. As it is a trade nation, a majority of brokers deal with the day-to-day operations of the nation, forming a council. They are also a technologically advanced nation. Leader: Trade Council (Chairman Reginald Thornwood)

Benefit: Psionic classes gain 2 additional Power Points per encounter. Arcane classes gain a +2 to arcane and knowledge checks that involve technology.

Dominion of Branniss - Naturalists, formerly of the Kal-Branniss Principality. As Kal advanced in technology, the high priestess Telayne requested a separation. Believe in preserving nature. Leader: High Priestess Telayne

Benefit: Primal classes gain a spirit companion (as approved by me). It acts the same as an animal companion. Arcane classes can use their arcana skill in place of their nature skill for nature checks.

Free People of Hammerfist - A nation of free people, choosing to move away from the needless conflicts. Often an area disputed as part of the empire. Leader: Orilo of Hammerfist

Benefit: You gain a rune that stores a ritual that can be used once per day with no component cost (as approved by me). The ritual level is 1/2 the character's level. (In other words, any ritual levels 1-4)

The Factions: (Note: The factions are not inherently part of a nation, but are their own separate entity. It is possible to be in both a faction and from a nation)

Benefit: You gain a +2 to diplomacy checks when interacting with people in the faction. You also may gain extra rewards if you're involved with a quest or mission with that group.

Kraken Konsortium - Essentially, the thieves guild and black market traders. They deal in everything, from money to mercs, pirates and prostitutes. Leader: Captain Inio the Black

Benefit: You gain a +2 to bluff and streetwise checks.

Guild of Slayers - Despite the name, they are an adventuring group. Rather organized and an ancient guild. Leader: Telanis Blackwood

Benefit: (working on it)

Rays of Pelor - Knight guard of the Pelor faith. Leader: Cardinal Commander Rollins

Benefit: You gain Pelor's channel divinity power as a free feat.

Arcane Academy - School of magic. Foremost research facility in Ca-anas. Leader: Archmage Lomefea Surussela

Benefit: You gain "Arcane Familiar" as a free feat.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
I'll come up with a better intro later, but basically you get to run around and be a part of wars and stuff.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Any, though inform me of anything from Essentials.
Banned Resources: Homebrew Sources (see House Rule 1)

ECL: 8
Gold: Standard
Races: Any
Ability Scores*: Standard Point-Buy or Array.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Its 4th.
Alignments: So long as everyone isn't evil, I'm good.
Backgrounds: See House Rule 2

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Each character should take a character trait from the 4e homebrew site. Though not a requirement, it will add some depth to the RP aspect. Traits
2] Each character is required to have a regional background from this list (Al-Jierhan, Kal, Branniss, Hammerfist). These backgrounds will have some mechanical benefits for your characters. There is an optional background you can take for organizations you belong to (Kraken Konsortium, Rays of Pelor, Guild of Slayers, Arcane Academy), which may also grant some benefits. I will inform you of what the benefits are if you choose to pick them.
3] I like 3.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:22 pm
I have a character I never got to use, despite nailing down his personality pretty well in my head. Assuming I advance him to 8, what do you think?

Derrias Copperleaf, Elf Artificer  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:36 pm
WhimsicalXellos
I have a character I never got to use, despite nailing down his personality pretty well in my head. Assuming I advance him to 8, what do you think?

Derrias Copperleaf, Elf Artificer

Looks good; bring him to level, get him well equipped, and pick out a regional background from the list. I'll add more detail to that later, but here's a brief summary:

Al-Jierhan - Good for divine classes
Kal - Good for martial/psionic classes
Branniss - Good for nature/arcane classes
Hammerfist - General  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:35 pm
What 4e Homebrew site? isnt it a touch poor form to say "from this website" and then not provide a link? it certainly hinders ones ability to Make a character.  

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:37 pm
Feel Good MD
What 4e Homebrew site? isnt it a touch poor form to say "from this website" and then not provide a link? it certainly hinders ones ability to Make a character.

Two things:

1) The specific traits and flaws are not a requirement, only suggested in case you would like to add depth to the character. If you're THAT hindered from making a character because of a rule that is optional...well, you've got some issues of your own to work out.

2) I'm looking for the 4e homebrew site, so the link will be up shortly.

EDIT: ...Okay, so there aren't 4e traits/flaws... but we'll use the 3.5 traits/flaws and work them into 4e.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:43 pm
Dion Necurat

Ah, That would make sense then biggrin  

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:21 pm
Feel Good MD
Dion Necurat

Ah, That would make sense then biggrin

Yup yup. I was on my work computer, so I didn't have it readily available.  
Rain Yupa generated a random number between 1 and 18 ... 11!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:49 pm
1.)Dragonborn
2.)Dwarf
3.)Eladrin
4.)Elf
5.)Half-Elf
6.)Halfling
7.)Human
8.)Tiefling
9.)Deva
10.)Gnome
11.)Goliath
12.)Half-Orc
13.)Longtooth Shifter
14.)Razorclaw Shifter
15.)Githzerei
16.)Minotaur
17.)Shardmind
18.)Wilden  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 2!

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:54 pm
1.) Cleric
2.) Fighter
3.) Paladin
4.) Ranger
5.) Rogue
6.) Warlock
7.) Warlord
8.) Wizard
9.) Avenger
10.) Barbarian
11.) Bard
12.) Druid
13.) Invoker
14.) Shaman
15.) Sorcerer
16.) Warden
17.) Ardent
18.) Battlemind
19.) Monk
20.) Psion
21.) Runepriest
22.) Seeker
23.) Swordmage

Totally forgot the drow and genasi in the above list. But I don't feel bad about that.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:55 pm
Thank you random number generator for 1.) Giving me a nigh-typical class for a race, and 2.) Making me play a class I play all the time. Way to let me experiment.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Feel Good MD generated a random number between 1 and 20 ... 8!

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:45 pm
1.)Dragonborn
2.)Dwarf
3.)Eladrin
4.)Elf
5.)Half-Elf
6.)Halfling
7.)Human
8.)Tiefling
9.)Deva
10.)Gnome
11.)Goliath
12.)Half-Orc
13.)Longtooth Shifter
14.)Razorclaw Shifter
15.)Githzerei
16.)Minotaur
17.)Shardmind
18.)Wilden
19.)Drow
20.)Genasi  
Feel Good MD generated a random number between 1 and 23 ... 14!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:46 pm
1.) Cleric
2.) Fighter
3.) Paladin
4.) Ranger
5.) Rogue
6.) Warlock
7.) Warlord
8.) Wizard
9.) Avenger
10.) Barbarian
11.) Bard
12.) Druid
13.) Invoker
14.) Shaman
15.) Sorcerer
16.) Warden
17.) Ardent
18.) Battlemind
19.) Monk
20.) Psion
21.) Runepriest
22.) Seeker
23.) Swordmage  

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:59 pm
The traits thing seems somewhat similar to the themes that 4e has. Do you prefer we just use the traits, or are themes okay, too?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:42 pm
@ MD: Copycat!

Also, I played a Tiefling Shaman in a game once. My spirit companion was a hellbeast.

@ The Themes/Traits thing:

They seem weird and unnecessary, so I'm waiving them for my character, since it sounds like I have that right. Maybe if someone could sell me on them, it might be a different story.

@ The actual game:

Morrag, of the Tribe of Lomakh, Goliath Fighter.

Please include me as a "Reserve" player; I will opt out if you get any other 5 people to play. There's been a LOT of new people joining the guild lately for some reason, and I figure they deserve a chance more than I.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Feel Good MD

Gracious Guildsman

4,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:29 pm
Rain Yupa
@ MD: Copycat!

Also, I played a Tiefling Shaman in a game once. My spirit companion was a hellbeast.

Well its not my fault that its a very efficient way of making a character without having to make the most mind wracking decisions razz The roll of the dice. Was it much fun? Ive never played a Shaman before.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff