Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Calling the Immortals 3.5/Pathfinder Hybrid AND 4e... games Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:32 am
[ Premise/Foreword ]

“THE DARK LORD READIES HIS ARMIES AT THE GATES. CUT YOUR CHILDREN‘S THROATS, FOR THERE IS NO HOPE. NO LONGER DO THE MORTALS WHO BECAME IMMORTAL STAND AMONG US. NO LONGER DOES THE SLEEPER WAIT and guard…” A mad man screams out into the night, the world around him dances and drinks. The festival of Slumbers, a day most have forgotten why they celebrate, they just do. “FOR THE IMMORTALS SLEW THE SLEEPER AND WITHOUT THE SLEEPER WE ARE DEFENSELESS AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DARK LORD…!!!”

[ Setting Information/Background ]

600 years ago, the eternal battle, a battle that should have never been fought, saw to the permanent death of the Sleeper(Tarrasque) and the last of the Immortals. Believing they had good, the people of Geosis, once a year recognized their sacrifice during the Festival of Slumbers. But as the years passed, Bards forgot to tell the tales. The story that needed to be remembered lost to the pages of time and silence. The world became weaker and complacent unaware of the gate the Sleeper guarded, now was left unguarded.

No hope, unless someone take up the marks of the Immortals in there place, and the heavens shine down on their souls. As they did once before.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

A typical adventure campaign. The term Immortal is used as reference to a level and that your characters will be unable to die. They will not start off as such, unless if they are a race that is naturally such(Examples 3.5's elans or warforged or an Undead.) In ether case, I will go over what happens when you die, when the characters get that far, IF they get that far...

[ Character Creation ]

Pathfinder/3.5 Hybrid

Available Sources: 3.5Edition, and Pathfinder Srd are open. Most of Wizard's 3.5 are also open. No modifications to 3.5 classes will be given
Banned Resources: Please no 3rd party material

ECL: 18
Gold: Standard (I don't have my book on me, )
Races: Pathfinder or 3.5, if not in pathfinder
Ability Scores*: 2d6 + 6
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points:
Alignments: Good or Neutral, I don't normally have a thing against evil characters. But, by definition, it is hard enough to recognized as a good creature by the heavens, only that much harder the farther you are.
Pantheon: open
Backgrounds: If you have a well develop story, you can get bonus goodies...

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] will add to this...
2]
3]

4th Edition

Available Sources: 4th edition, Just inform me what book, what feat/power/race/class/etc came from
Banned Resources: Please no 3rd party material

ECL: 5
Gold: Standard (I don't have my book on me, )
Races: Open
Ability Scores*: 2d6+6
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Normally done.
Alignments: Good or Neutral, I don't normally have a thing against evil characters. But, by definition, it is hard enough to recognized as a good creature by the heavens, only that much harder the farther you are.
Pantheon: open
Backgrounds: If you have a well develop story, you can get bonus goodies...

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] I request the players the of 4e game, be patient. As I am new to dming it. And may make mistakes
2]
3]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:45 am
Down for some high level adventuring.  

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:55 am
What game? 3.5, 4, Pathfinder?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:26 pm
It will be a two games, one world... 3.5/pathfinder hybrid and a 4E. I need to learn 4e, and I figured the best way would be to dive head long into the system, with experienced players to learn from.

The 4E game will be at a level of 5, while the 3/P will be at an 18, price for me knowing the game.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:58 pm
Well, 5 is better than 1.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:21 pm
I'm in. Always wanted to try and play a character with a bit more complexity and history to them.

Any restrictions on race/class?
What is your preferred stat roll method?
Any traits (pathfinder wise)?
Starting gold?
Um, all that standard jazz stuff.

Okay, depending on what your answers are to the above questions, will possibly already rule out my first choice.

Since we are going for superhero types, or ones that have spent a long time working on becoming well known or just really good (or bad) in their field, I am going for story and background first.

Would I be able to be a Dayborn Kinslayer? It's an archetype available to Dhampir Inquisitors, but instead of getting detect undead as a racial spell like ability, they replace it by not having the sensitivity to sunlight.

I would like to incorporate why she was not killed at birth, and why priests decided to let the human mother give birth. Why they blessed the birth which stopped her having the light sensitivity etc.

The main reason I love this character idea is because of the Warhammer book Genevieve by Jack Yeovil. The story of a vampire that had lived long enough the gain control over the blood lust, and aided adventuring parties and was overall just trying not to be a bad person.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

BegrudginglyGood

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:50 pm
BegrudginglyGood
I'm in. Always wanted to try and play a character with a bit more complexity and history to them.

Any restrictions on race/class?
What is your preferred stat roll method?
Any traits (pathfinder wise)?
Starting gold?
Um, all that standard jazz stuff.

Okay, depending on what your answers are to the above questions, will possibly already rule out my first choice.

Since we are going for superhero types, or ones that have spent a long time working on becoming well known or just really good (or bad) in their field, I am going for story and background first.

Would I be able to be a Dayborn Kinslayer? It's an archetype available to Dhampir Inquisitors, but instead of getting detect undead as a racial spell like ability, they replace it by not having the sensitivity to sunlight.

I would like to incorporate why she was not killed at birth, and why priests decided to let the human mother give birth. Why they blessed the birth which stopped her having the light sensitivity etc.

The main reason I love this character idea is because of the Warhammer book Genevieve by Jack Yeovil. The story of a vampire that had lived long enough the gain control over the blood lust, and aided adventuring parties and was overall just trying not to be a bad person.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Fire away, I like odd characters. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:51 pm
The rules of creation is up...  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:26 pm
Awesome! Then you have my sword!  
BegrudginglyGood rolled 12 6-sided dice: 6, 5, 5, 3, 3, 2, 4, 4, 6, 6, 1, 1 Total: 46 (12-72)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:32 pm
2d6+6

6, 5 - 11+6 = 17
5, 3 - 8+6 = 14
3, 2 - 5+6 = 11
4, 4 - 8+6 = 14
6, 6 - 12+6 = 18
1, 1 - 2+6 = 8

18, 17, 14, 14, 11, 8  

BegrudginglyGood

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:12 pm
Nemesis, if you need any questions answered for 4th ed stuff, I'm more than willing to oblidge.

Now the tough question...do I play a half-elf Avenger...or a half elf bard...  
Lord of the Vine rolled 12 6-sided dice: 5, 1, 1, 5, 2, 2, 6, 4, 5, 6, 1, 5 Total: 43 (12-72)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:13 pm
Regardless, I'll be rolling up a 4th ed. character.

2d6+6

5,1 = 12
1,5 = 12
2,2 = 10
6,4 = 16
5,6 = 17
1,5 = 12  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Dallas Moonrain rolled 12 6-sided dice: 3, 3, 4, 6, 2, 4, 2, 1, 4, 3, 4, 3 Total: 39 (12-72)

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:36 pm
Well, I'm intrigued. Not sure what I would play, but let's roll some dice and see if that inspires me.

This will be for a Pathfinder/3.5 character, as my knowledge of 4th edition is limited to that one shot I played that time. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:59 pm
Question: If I play a 3.5 caster that was not updated to Pathfinder (warmage), can I go with the infinite cantrips awarded to other casters, or do I have to stick with the 6/day as writ?  

Dallas Moonrain

Disciple of Sakura rolled 12 6-sided dice: 4, 2, 5, 1, 4, 4, 1, 4, 1, 6, 1, 2 Total: 35 (12-72)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:08 pm
2d6 per stat. Might as well give it a shot.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff