Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Longsong Mercenaries... (Pathfinder check) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:02 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

*I don't mind adding more people, just 4 is the minimal to start. No more than 6 though*
  • 1] Marik *Temporary Squad Leader
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4] *held*

[ Premise/Foreword ]

Long ago, in the lands of Glyscor, it was the strength of the mercenaries of the Longsong Mining company, that stood against the armies and the tyrant king. When all hope was lost these men and women stood against the tides of evil. But where the story begins is a few years earlier.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

Few years earlier, the Longsong Mining company was one of 4 large companies in the southlands, and the only one that offered mercenary work and a military force for the small towns of the south. With the only other option for most youth being farm work or work in the mines, many joined the Mercenary company. Food, shelter, fame, and plenty of drink to go around, as long as you did the missions handed to your group, what wasn’t to like?

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Anything find here and non 3rd party here
Banned Resources: I don’t have access to anything else.

ECL: 1
Gold: 2 times Average for class
Races: See available resources
Ability Scores*: 4d6 drop the lowest, add the rest
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max first, after pick average or roll; once picked no going back…
Alignments: Open
Pantheon: Open
Backgrounds: Liked, but not needed…

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] With all of my games; Sorcerers and Bards are Universal casters, meaning they can draw from any list. Taking the highest spell-level requirement, that isn’t on the Sorcerer’s normal list, if contested. Exception: being prestige class only spells, in which case add two spell levels higher
2] Between adventures I, the DM, will roll a d10. This is the number of weeks, your characters have down time to do whatever, before you are called to a new assignment
3]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:08 pm
4d6 drop the lowest I get, but what's "Add the rest" mean?  

Remo Ernesto Rotondo

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:15 pm
Remo Ernesto Rotondo
4 3 2 1... drop the lowest(1) Add the rest (4+3+2) and this number is the ability score. The game calls it standard,

Standard: Roll 4d6, discard the lowest die result, and add the three remaining results together. Record this total and repeat the process until six numbers are generated. Assign these totals to your ability scores as you see fit. This method is less random than Classic and tends to create characters with above-average ability scores.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:17 pm
Xun Ira
Remo Ernesto Rotondo
4 3 2 1... drop the lowest(1) Add the rest (4+3+2) and this number is the ability score. The game calls it standard,

Standard: Roll 4d6, discard the lowest die result, and add the three remaining results together. Record this total and repeat the process until six numbers are generated. Assign these totals to your ability scores as you see fit. This method is less random than Classic and tends to create characters with above-average ability scores.

Oh...I knew that. XD

Well, I am curious about the campaign. I like the idea that the Profession trait may actually be used.  

Remo Ernesto Rotondo

Capt_Reichstar

Knight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:27 pm
Would i be able to put forth a premade char from one of my sheets. Rather then roll a new one?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:29 pm
Remo Ernesto Rotondo

If you have questions, ask...

Capt_Reichstar

Can I see the premade?  

Xun Ira

Capt_Reichstar

Knight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:30 pm
Xun Ira
Remo Ernesto Rotondo

If you have questions, ask...

Capt_Reichstar

Can I see the premade?
link  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:39 pm
Capt_Reichstar

Sure, your character will be the elder of the group. But, you are going to hold back exp gain, until the rest of the group is caught up. This way everyone can level up together.

Deal?  

Xun Ira

Capt_Reichstar

Knight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:42 pm
Xun Ira
Capt_Reichstar

Sure, your character will be the elder of the group. But, you are going to hold back exp gain, until the rest of the group is caught up. This way everyone can level up together.

Deal?
lol Sure it wont take to long being level 2. But sweet thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:47 pm
....I'm so tempted to join a campaign again....

I often make chars just for plain fun, so I'm really quick about them, especially pathfinder. Any chance I could hold for the final spot, and pick a class depending on what the other members of the party are? I'd lean towards either rogue or sorcerer, most likely. Probably ranger or druid as secondaries if others pick the first ones.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:47 pm
Are there any actual restrictions when regarding Classes and Races? Like if I wanted to play a changeling archer for an example would that be okay?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:49 pm
KytanaTheThief

Done, the last position will be held; but if a character isn't made in a week, after the 3rd, the position will be open. Deal?  

Xun Ira

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:51 pm
...I'm talking I can make a non 4e char in a half hour. If that lol.

So definitely deal, thanks ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:53 pm
hedpefan
Are there any actual restrictions when regarding Classes and Races? Like if I wanted to play a changeling archer for an example would that be okay?

I don't know, what a Changeling is. Is it a 3.5 race? If so, sorry, I haven't played it. So forgive my lack of knowledge.  

Xun Ira

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:54 pm
KytanaTheThief
...I'm talking I can make a non 4e char in a half hour. If that lol.

So definitely deal, thanks ^^

A week, gives you some time for bad day forgiveness. razz  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas