Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Interest check! Pathfinder - mostly Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:03 pm
Hey! It has been far to long since I last ran a game, IRL or otherwise, and I recently had an idea for a game. The thing is, I'm sure the concept will put many of you off, so I wanted to get a feel of who all would be interested in the game first before I get too deep into writing up details. This game would use a whole new set of races, something many aren't unfamiliar with, but it's the setting that I think will scare off most folks.

I want to do a Ponyfinder campaign. There, I said it. -prepares to be assulted by rotten tomatoes-

Am I still alive? Phew. Alright, now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'd like to explain the campaign itself a bit. Some of you may remember iLL's Ivalice campaign a while back, featuring a whole new set of races and a new pantheon. This would be similar, with the races and pantheon designed to fit the land of Equestria.

The setting would be in, of course, Equestria, approx. one thousand years before the events of the television show. The plot? Well, that's a bit of a surprise. Suffice to say that things will be starting out in the Crystal Empire.

Anyways, I think I've rambled on enough. If anyone is interested at all, please speak up! I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, I just finally had the idea for a plot. Thanks y'all!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:31 pm
Bump - in case this simply went unnoticed!  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:14 am
*loads tomato cannon of doom... and spaghetti sauce* Ready.... aim....wait, first question, I know little of the tv show(only watched the first season, thanks to it being one of 3 shows my 3 year old nephew would watch.) But, I am game if you are willing to accept someone who just wants to play and doesn't really care...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:15 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
*loads tomato cannon of doom... and spaghetti sauce* Ready.... aim....wait, first question, I know little of the tv show(only watched the first season, thanks to it being one of 3 shows my 3 year old nephew would watch.) But, I am game if you are willing to accept someone who just wants to play and doesn't really care...

Define 'doesn't really care'? I don't mind if you're not particularly a fan of the show, if that's the case, I'm impressed that you're interested! But I certainly wouldn't turn someone away for something like that.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:35 pm
RafeRavel
Southern Cross Nemesis

Define 'doesn't really care'? I don't mind if you're not particularly a fan of the show, if that's the case, I'm impressed that you're interested! But I certainly wouldn't turn someone away for something like that.
I have friends who are, I believe the term is Bronies, but I have seen too many shows like it to be impressed by it. Though, Spike was my favorite in the program.

Yeah, I am not a fan of the program, it lacked something for me, though, it doesn't mean I won't play a game version of it. Especially if it is with a system I know(or partly know[pathfinder]). Never know, it could add the thing for me  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:12 pm
Hmm. Sounds interesting enough. I've never seen the show but, if you can set it up properly then it should be a good game to get away from the "Norm".  

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:01 pm
BRONIES! Count me in sailor!

Sorry, it's just rare that i can have my inner girl come out at the same time as badassery. Being the local tomboy in a dorm of 500 girls makes me seem way to butch for even bronies.... but please oh please run this!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 pm
Well, with this much interest and a couple other people I've conned into this offline, I will probably be doing this then! :3 I need a little time to set everything up, but this Topic will be evolve into a full on character making area as soon as I'm mostly ready! biggrin  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:41 am
Dibs on a spot! Will be good to RP in one of your campaigns.

Tell me if this character will be okay for it.

www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=475019  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:42 pm
BegrudginglyGood
Dibs on a spot! Will be good to RP in one of your campaigns.

Tell me if this character will be okay for it.

www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=475019

Well, if you want to alter her to fit a pony form, that'd be fine. :3 As fair warning if I hadn't mad it clear, there wont be any humans, elves, dwarves, etc. in this game! I may have a couple non-pony races, but I'd like it to be a mostly equine group.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:47 pm
OH! I thought you were just making a joke about that!

I'll give it a look.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:30 pm
Post the homebrew to the Pony!Pathfinder, and I'd join in 10 seconds flat.

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

Maiku the Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:50 pm
So, here's the deal: not a Brony but a Brony ally I suppose would be the term. Love Pathfinder and actually have a Pathfinder game that I am playing in IRL, but have absolutely no idea how to go about doing this on a text based forum. Never done that before, played a dice based game over the net. But I'm willing if schedule constrictions aren't too big of a deal.

Also, if there are any slots left of course. Didn't mean to be rude and assume lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:39 am
Alright, for all y'all keeping an eye on this, I'm still working on the details and planning. I want to make this game as fun as possible, so I'm trying to fill in any and all holes/gaps/difficulties that can (and will) appear with such a custom game. Progress goes well, however, and I'm constantly being reminded of things I need to take care of! Better now than as a surprise in-game, right? But I will announce when the game is ready for people to begin developing characters! Please be patient with me, I don't want any of you to feel like I'm wasting your time!  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 am
I suppose I should post these here for Pony

Do not right click-save as for the first one, you must click and download from the hyperlinked site; the pdf won't work otherwise

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff