Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Kingmaker (Pathfinder) (Full) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Salazar Neri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:33 am
((Background and setting pulled straight from Adventure Path so forgive if long))
[ Character Sheets ]

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/character-sheets

[ Premise/Foreword ]

As tensions mount in Brevoy, some of Rostland’s swordlords hope to change that fact; they have issued charters to several groups of adventurers, sending them south into the Stolen Lands. These initial charters are simple enough: re-open the old trade routes along the rivers and scatter or defeat the bandits who have made them too dangerous to use. Beyond that, it seems apparent that Rostland wants to encourage new nations to grow in this region—and believes that by supporting these nascent kingdoms as allies, it’ll gain loyal support in any coming conflict with Issia. It’s a bold and brilliant political move—for if Rostland turned its own resources to the task, not only would such a move weaken its defenses against the north, but the blatant power grab would certainly force Issia’s hand. By sending free agents south, the swordlords of Rostland hope to create new allies without sacrificing their own position of power in Brevoy. Yet as with most complex and brilliant plans, there are plenty of opportunities for disaster.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

Brevoy is a proud land, known throughout Golarion for producing able warriors, regal nobles, and clever rogues. Yet Brevoy’s two regions, Issia and Rostland, have long held one another in contempt and now stand on the verge of civil war. Both Issia and Rostland were independent nations until Choral the Conqueror’s barbarian armies and red dragon servitors united the regions into a single kingdom two centuries ago. Until recently, the iron rule of House Rogarvia maintained a fragile peace between the two regions. But a decade ago, House Rogarvia mysteriously disappeared, and the conniving leaders of Issia’s House Surtova supplanted them as Brevoy’s rulers. Now a labyrinthine political landscape plagues the nation, full of secret alliances, provincial loyalties, and nefarious plots; civil war seems inevitable. In Rostland to the south, the swordlords see in many of Issia’s recent political moves the swift approach of such a war. They rightly fear such an event, for Rostland is smaller than Issia, it has fewer armies, and its rolling hills and grasslands offer very little in the way of natural defenses. Worse, unlike Issia, whose northern border stretches along the Lake of Mists and Veils, which offers some defense, Rostland’s southern border lies along a stretch of wilderness infested with bandits and monsters. If Brevoy falls into civil war, it won’t be long at all before the violent, opportunistic vultures to the south move to take advantage of Rostland’s problems. This southern region of wilderness is called the Stolen Lands. While these lands are technically a part of the River Kingdoms, several of which have advanced claims in the past, Rostland has long viewed them as “stolen” from it by bandits and monsters. Many attempts have been made to settle the Stolen Lands, but to date, none have succeeded, making these 33,000 square miles of unclaimed wilderness the largest swath of unclaimed land in the entire River Kingdoms.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

Your group of characters begins the Kingmaker Adventure Path as one of four groups sent south into the Stolen Lands to defeat bandits and, hopefully, to establish one of four new nations in the River Kingdoms. It certainly won’t be an easy task. Before any such settlement can even begin, the bandits and monsters must be dealt with—and once that initial task is done, the danger will only increase. As you struggle to foster a fledgling kingdom, build up its cities, and expand its farmlands, your group is destined to face rival warlords, ferocious beasts, strange cults, invading barbarian hordes, and even the mysterious fey denizens of the near-mythical First World. Can you tame the Stolen Lands and forge a lasting settlement amid such opposition? Who will survive to rule your kingdom? Who among you possesses the makings of a king?

[ Character Creation ]

You get a trait from the Player's guide, link is here

Available Sources: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ If it's on this site it's free game. If you want to use something third party let me know so I can OK it.
Banned Resources:

ECL: Start at level 1
Gold: Based on Class
Races: Base races, if you want to use a special race talk to me beforehand so I can OK it.
Ability Scores*: Roll 4d6, drop lowest, assign.
xxxxxxxxxx* Two line rerolls allowed.
Hit Points: 1st level Max. Roll as normal from then on.
Alignments: No restrictions.
Pantheon: Pathfinder Pantheon, special emphasis on Erastil due to his popularity in the region
Backgrounds: 1 paragraph minimum.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]
2]
3]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm
I actually started running this for my game night group several weeks ago. While I wouldn't want to run it twice, since I know all the secrets by now, I can definitely say it's been a blast so far. That may have something to do with the party members, but the campaign is pretty solid, too. Very sandboxy, good for players who tend to stray from the linear path.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:01 pm
I'm willing to commit if you don't mind my shaky schedule.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:31 pm
Callsigncaboose
I'm willing to commit if you don't mind my shaky schedule.

I can relate, college is kicking me all over the place. I'm lookin for about four more so if you know anyone that's interested give me a holler.

WhimsicalXellos

Agreed. I actually attempted to run this with a few pals but then we ended up having a falling out. Overall though it was a fun campaign.  

Salazar Neri

DeathAdams

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:29 pm
will do cap  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 pm
The cap'n hasn't posted here yet.

Anyways, I'd be interested as a Magus, here. But what do you mean be "two line rerolls"?

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:35 am
Interesting. I might bite. I work all day though, so I would only be able to post at night. If this won't be a problem I'd be happy to join up, probably as a witch.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:16 am
Nosh, with permission, I would like to play a Slyph Fighter. I have an idea that may turn into something like a Royal Spymaster, Griffyn Rider Corps, or perhaps a small city ending in his/her lordship.  

DeathAdams

Salazar Neri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:51 am
Seph Baelzara
The cap'n hasn't posted here yet.

Anyways, I'd be interested as a Magus, here. But what do you mean be "two line rerolls"?

1. Awesome, good to have ya on board
2. When you roll your stat line, if you're not hot about it you can re roll the entire line up to two times. It's mainly for when you roll really badly.

Callsigncaboose
Nosh, with permission, I would like to play a Slyph Fighter. I have an idea that may turn into something like a Royal Spymaster, Griffyn Rider Corps, or perhaps a small city ending in his/her lordship.

You got it, though I'm replacing the electric resistance with weather savvy for balance. That fine?

iLL iNTENT
Interesting. I might bite. I work all day though, so I would only be able to post at night. If this won't be a problem I'd be happy to join up, probably as a witch.

Well that actually brings up a good point. What times and days is everyone available? (Roughly.)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:06 am
I'd like to fill a slot for the game if possible. I don't think anyone's a cleric yet so I can be one of those.  

Remo Ernesto Rotondo

Salazar Neri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:22 am
Remo Ernesto Rotondo
I'd like to fill a slot for the game if possible. I don't think anyone's a cleric yet so I can be one of those.

Great! Like I asked above, is there a time and day that works best for you?

Also as a general note, we're at 4 (possible) players. I'd like 5- but if we don't get anyone else today/tomorrow we'll get started.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:25 am
Noahr93
Remo Ernesto Rotondo

Great! Like I asked above, is there a time and day that works best for you?

Also as a general note, we're at 4 (possible) players. I'd like 5- but if we don't get anyone else today/tomorrow we'll get started.

I'm usually on more often now, I can post easily. I'm usually on mostly at night but can keep up with this and the other game I've been apart of. I will begin character creation a little later but will have something for you to approve.

One thing: Are we able to get two traits for our charcters: One for Campaign and one for generic?  

Remo Ernesto Rotondo

Salazar Neri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:33 am
Remo Ernesto Rotondo
I'm usually on more often now, I can post easily. I'm usually on mostly at night but can keep up with this and the other game I've been apart of. I will begin character creation a little later but will have something for you to approve.

One thing: Are we able to get two traits for our charcters: One for Campaign and one for generic?

Just one for campaign if you will.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:34 am
Noahr93
Remo Ernesto Rotondo

Okay, I'll roll for my character a little later and will present him shortly after.  

Remo Ernesto Rotondo

Remo Ernesto Rotondo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:37 am
Noahr93
Remo Ernesto Rotondo

Another question: For starting Gold, are we taking the average if we want or is it a straight roll for determining gold?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff