Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
It's so trippy to think that... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I haven't been here in so long
  That I almost forgot to make a poll. >.>
View Results

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:09 am
When I joined this guild I was an angsty fourteen year-old trapped in the suburbs of North Carolina. I'd been playing the clarinet for a year, and I wasn't very good at it. Now I'm twenty-one and I'm studying the same instrument at a conservatory in New York City.

Whoa. What?

I pretty much grew up in the Suites. O.o

Where does time go, you guys?

Where were you when you joined vs. now? How long ago was that?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:08 am
I was 15, still in high school, had no idea what to do with my life. Stuck in the midwest.

Now I'm 21 with less than a year until I have a Bachelors of Science in Environmental Geology degree. Still in the midwest. . .  

~x[chained_fairy]x~

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:54 pm
Lol. I'm pretty sure I was 13. Jesus Christ. So 8 years. jkdljfsijdfildsj Wut? jdkfjdoj dsofs This is like when I read something about the iPod being first released 11 years ago (in nine days apparently).

Let's see. I'm less of an a*****e now about many things. Probably more of an a*****e about other things. 8D I'm sure I am perhaps a bit less whiny. I have a lot less free time. I weep at the free time I used to have. WEEP.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 pm
When I joined I was a depressed college dropout growing out of my weeb phase and not sure what to do with my life. Now I'm a college student and convention artist hopeful to get a (realistic) job in graphics/illustration. Sort of like you, I haven't really changed so much as evolved into a fancier version of what I once was.

There's some truth in Pokemon, I guess...  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:44 pm
@Fairy- Aw! Your major rocks.

Oh yeah. In all this time I haven't lost my love of abysmal puns. xD

or obnoxious, bold red font. >.>

@Pain- Oh, good Lord. I remember when those things first came out and how all the cool kids had one. Now I ride the subway and note that if everyone dropped their iPhones, it'd be a shitshow trying to find out whose is whose.

I don't ever remember you being terribly whiny. I always noted how mellow you were in comparison to all the personalities that've come and gone. I remember back in the day, when I was in high school and Jesus...I had anger issues out the a**. Also, I still -shudder- liked to call things "gay" and "retarded" because I lacked sophistication...

And yeah, I remember all the free time I had. I miss it terribly. The little free time I have is spent being inebriated or at a concert or on a date or something.

OOH! Speaking of personalities come and gone...Remember King Fahad!?!?

@Lychee- Hahaha! A fancier version. I really like that. I was such a loser back then. I had few friends and I was really, really weird. Speaking, too, of Pokémon, that's the one thing that hasn't changed about me. I'm still hopelessly in love with all things Pokémon.

Good for you, with college! You've done a complete 180! I'd love to see some of your art. [:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:55 pm
Nexus Carbuncle

@Pain- Oh, good Lord. I remember when those things first came out and how all the cool kids had one. Now I ride the subway and note that if everyone dropped their iPhones, it'd be a shitshow trying to find out whose is whose.

I don't ever remember you being terribly whiny. I always noted how mellow you were in comparison to all the personalities that've come and gone. I remember back in the day, when I was in high school and Jesus...I had anger issues out the a**. Also, I still -shudder- liked to call things "gay" and "retarded" because I lacked sophistication...

And yeah, I remember all the free time I had. I miss it terribly. The little free time I have is spent being inebriated or at a concert or on a date or something.

OOH! Speaking of personalities come and gone...Remember King Fahad!?!?
Yeah. It's gotten to the point that someone commented on my iPod the other day like "Oh. Nice classic iPod." 'Cause I have the classic style that has a s**t ton more GBs than the others. I got it when I was like 16.

Maybe the Suites missed my horrible Hot Topic phase that can never be spoken of without shame and terror. I really can't remember when that was other than middle school. But eh. I was a little s**t that like hated a good part of the school for like a year. I was also judgmental at times. I would have punted myself if I knew that-self now. But lol. Yeah. Then I mellowed out a lot pretty soon after, and then I was pretty alright with people just being like whoever the ******** they wanted to be and do whatever the ******** they wanted to do unless they were being an a*****e then perhaps that wasn't the best choice and they should back the ******** up.
I also curse a lot more now. And use lol and idk.

I slightly remember him. He sort of blends with that one copper guy that kept popping by.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:57 am
Well, i joined Gaia when i was 13. I had no idea what i wanted to do with my life and i was living in Australia.

Now i am 21, married, living in Canada and working a job that i actually enjoy and see myself having a future in.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:53 pm
Quote:
@Fairy- Aw! Your major rocks.

Oh yeah. In all this time I haven't lost my love of abysmal puns. xD

Haha, geology comes with a lot of gneiss puns and schist.

"This is heavy, what's in here, rocks?"
"Uhh, yeah."
*looks inside* "Oh, you really do have a bag of rocks. . ."

I've also put a lot more effort into being more active and social. Before, I couldn't stand being a member of any kind of club and being forced to interact with people. Now I do it on purpose.  

~x[chained_fairy]x~

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:13 am
I'll have you know, this thread caused me to have "Sunrise, Sunset" stuck in my head. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:47 pm
When I joined The Suites (well, BSOP lol) it was October of 2005. I was 16, about to be 17. In a new school in Missouri after moving from Florida, a junior in high school, and just learning how to drive. Also obsessed with Harry Potter. I thought I'd be an artist. I had never been in a relationship that had lasted longer than a month.

I'm 23, almost 24 now. I'm still in Missouri, just in a different city. I am attending a university to complete my degree for becoming a teacher. I am also a freelance nail tech/makeup artist--something I wouldn't have even dreamed of doing when I was a teenager as I only started doing makeup about 3 years ago, and nails about 1-1 1/2 years ago. Still love me some Harry Potter. I've come out to everyone in my life, and have been with my girlfriend for a year and a half.

Things are better now.  

comfylove
Crew

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:21 pm
I was 13 when I joined Gaia. Got to the Suites shortly after that. Angsty, confused, unidentified, and adventurous. You know, high school.

Now I'm 19, one semester away from my Bachelor's in psychology, with every intention of becoming an artist afterward. Mostly-under-control borderline. Battling an eating disorder. Helplessly in love with two different people, which is causing numerous mental and emotional issues for everyone involved. All-around ******** miss you guys.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 am
I joined when I was seventeen, final quarter of high school. Played alot of gaia fishing, did some donatin n stuff. Its when I first came out of the closet, I was pretty flamboyant. Typical, some friends still call me by this name, its just that I'm not wearings heels, lipstick or a corset anymore.

>_< I didn't really see a future, I thought it was all bleak, went to college for two years, quit because I wasnt ready. Dated a girl 3 hours away afterwards for a good six months, first real gf I guess. Then I met somene in my hometown that I fell very hard for, two years into that, but well, things don't turn out how you want them when you move in together. So I moved back home and well, within the last two years to here I been ok. Going back to school finally, kinda ready for a relationship but I still get retarded shy with the ones I like.

I did my share of going to concerts, raves, shows and car driving. I may not have much to say of my life, but I am pretty happy about it. Still alive.

Saucey

iBeatrice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:41 pm
I remember Raz and that one lady in her 40s that was like Forums Mom and had a virtual marriage--Milk! (Didn't remember her username 'til now.)

Hmm, when I joined Gaia and the Suites shortly thereafter, I was about 19, avoiding people at my huge Southern university, I still actively avoid people, and didn't know what to do with my life.

Now...I'm older, and know what I don't want to do with my life. >_>

Edit: Also, I'm 25 now. Holy hell.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:23 pm

I was 15 and had no idea what I wanted to do with my life.

Now I'm 25 and a dad, and have no idea what I want to do with my life.

Jacipher

x_X Lethal Injection X_x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:08 pm
I was 14, I think, when I first joined The Suites. I was naive and silly and super into anime. I had a pretty crappy home life and used this place as an escape. But I really did grow up in this guild. It helped me get through living with a mentally abusive father, a sexual assault, several failed relationships, a lot of insecurity, and a need to connect when there wasn't anyone nearby to do so with.

Thinking back on it, I'm not sure I would have been able to stay sane without so many incredible people on this site making me feel like a part of something. I learned so much from you guys and I'm so grateful.

Now I'm 23. I'm done with my undergrad degree and graduated with a 3.9 GPA. I am starting my Masters of Social Work in a month. I have become a burlesque dancer. I'm still a huge nerd. And I now have a closet that rivals my inventory here.  
The Suites

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff