Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Realms of Casin (Pathfinder Sandbox) Open/Accepting. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:02 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]
  • 6]
  • 7]
  • 8]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

The realm of Casin has been marred with a war between the Gods and The Magi. With three gods killed and replace, and the wounds being licked on all side, the magi have gained the upper hand for the moment as far as the celestial battles go. The burst in activity from the magi have caused mortals to start having newfound powers they cannot explain. Even the normal suppressed daemons have started to walk the world and even simulating and running mortal kingdoms.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

Setting and background in the following posts.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

Pick if you want to be daemon (this includes monsters and the like. Cover all name), mortal (human in low magic world, cities to rule wars to make), or magi (clan selection the growth from there. Dwarves, elves, and some other creatures) once you pick one then you will have more info on the game.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: If you can source it, I will let it. We can work on monster creatures and all of that. But it's a low magic world. You will be treated as you are. Want to be an orge, well just never head to town.
Banned Resources:

ECL: Write a background worth your level. Want to be high level tell me how you earned it. If your starting level 1, then no story really needed.
Gold: By level or class at 1
Races: Just about all. Ask and if I have an issue you will know.
Ability Scores: 5d6 drop two, reroll 1's
Hit Points: Max it buddies. Your heroes
Alignments: all, but if you are going to try to get yourself killed I will help.
Pantheon: Gods of the World.
Backgrounds: earn dem levels.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] If you would Like to play on Skype we can figure that out.
2]
3]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:08 pm
Powers That Be

The Kingdom of Beads/Roseveld: The Kingdom of Roseveld is a mortal kingdoms with more than a few noble houses. It holds three city's of note, thorn is a seven layered walled city cut into a mountain on the coast. Allowing deep water trading allows this port to take a good amount of travelers, goods, and many other great wondrous things from the island kingdoms. Called the Kingdom of the Bead. The leader of this kingdom is the recently ascended Lord of Chaos and Madness. Roilvn Whiro makes small red beads with arcane marks. Anyone in possession of the head can ask a favor of anyone wearing the sign of the Madgod.

The Seven Kingdoms: The seven strongest kingdoms on the mainland are simply know as the seven. Each one is set around the vast desert that sinks into the ground. Each kingdom holds an aspect of their own. They battle for years on end gaining small boosts in land as they moved. Still in strife this is a land of bandits and harden men. It's hard to grow old in thee countries.

The Temple of Time: Home and base of operation for the gods of the world except for Equis; whom chooses to live in the sea, and Roilvn Whiro; Whom chooses to to live in his kingdom.  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:09 pm
History of the Realm

Before the Realm of Casin

Long ago before the land the mortals walked upon there where only two beings. The God of Order and The God of Chaos and Madness. They select countless eons locked in battle. Both men creating various creatures to fight for them. The Order would build worlds of great wealth and order only to have Chaos come and destroy all his works. One day Order and Madness met on the feild if battle. As the fought thousands of years would pass between blows, and eventually the two gods destroyed each other. However their very being was written into the world their fight had crafted. In the final blow three things where created.

The Lord of Order created the race of the gods. Each with his power of creation. Creatures of immortal decent. If their physical body is destroyed they are awoken again in their bed, no loss of life to be had and memory of the last seconds of their life. Each god rose up and took a part of the world. Haizeuws took up the sky's. adding stars and constipation a for great king and warriors and wiseman. The sun rose and set on his command. Warmersis stood with firey eyes forward and black hand outstretched to grab control of his fathers own great enemies. At any Great War or any moment of strife and chaos. He would appear as a mountain of armor and blades, carving his path through the mortals till his death. It was an honor to die at his hands, and a feat to kill him in the field. Hemell awoke holding his fathers skeen and plan for the world. It read the lives for every creature, the future of the world, the great events and if he read far enough he was sure he would find the end. He donned the mantle of the God of Death as well as Oracles. Braithe was a beautiful blonde woman who awoke at the same time the mortal race appeared in the beginning. She is the god of life and humans themselves. Equis was born in the water, able to adapt his form to any place in the oceans and seas. The God of the Water and Seas commands the world as far as you can smell the sea. He is the only one if the gods that is distant with his brothers, preferring solitude to company. Mythane was born in a mountain, cutting her way through the rock to reach the outside world. She became the God of the Mountains and Stone. She is often found dressed in jewels and is the best smith in the world. Passiaon is the goddess of beauty and fire. She is the goddes of women and love as well. Raiowood awoke in a tree that held her aloft. Her hair was tangle into the branches of the tree, she had the ability to speak to animals. Each ran their world, having very little to do with the mortal world.

The Lord of Madness and Chaos went the other way. He created the daemons. Mythic creatures that could adapt to changes in their life every generation. They had lords and kings rise and fall. And creatures broke off in groups to evolve in the same fashion. Races evolved and kingdoms of monsters rose and fell.

Though neither god ment to, their combined explosive power produced the mortal race in its early years.

The First Thousand Cycles

In the first thousand cycles of the world was chaotic to the untrained eye. With the gods spread to the winds the worlds system ran out of control. The mountains shifted and the daemons ran the world keeping the humans underfoot. Many human cultures have some version of there being a great savor clad in silver armor. The first two gods to find each other was Braithe and Warmersis. When she called him to help the humans from the daemons he saw no reason to help, but the ability to challenge his own skill.

While Equis has never left the sea, he was had met two of his brothers and sisters in the form of a giant turtle. First me met his brother Haizuews, who had been wondering a single island. After being a god to then the giant turtle appeared and carried him away to the mainland. To this day the island have been producing the finest warriors with a natural ability to draw on allow supernatural powers at time. Haizeuws had been carried to the mainland and began again to wonder anew. Equis Also ran into the Lady Passiaon near a volcano in the island chain Isle of Mannen.

While wondering, Haizeuws first found Mythane, and at the end of the first Cycle they began to work on The Temple of time in the desert. The finest stone temple was constructed by the magics of Mythane. The area surrounding the temple was turned into a sand storm so that no mortal could travel to The Temple of Time.

The Seconds Thousand Cycles

With The Gods coming together in increasing numbers, the world started to calm down and settle. The Humans started to form into larger and larger communities. However the Daemons still held down their power presence on the surface on the world. As they started to push back Braithe called for the gods to take up arms for the mortals. The then created the small race know as the Magi.

The magi at first where created for war. Warmersis had a hand in making most of the magis. They separated into clans and fought the war on different fronts. The humans across the world all have times in their history that they speak of monsters and kings fighting. most of the Second Thousand was fire and destruction across the land. However, in the 2743 cycle of the world, the Magi's finally pushed down the daemons to the underworld, causing a new peace that filled the worlds of the Magi and The Gods.

However the mortal realms where far from peaceful. Without the suppression of the daemons, the mortals started to rise up and fight each other. causing strife and war where ever they are free to do their own bidding.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 pm
Homebrew Terms

Magi: A celestial humanoid that is responsible for the day to day running of the world. They are separated into clans that run a different part of the world and are limited to what magics they can and can't master at higher levels.  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 pm
Gods and Magi/ Important NPC's Discovered

Gods

God Of Madness and Deception
Common Name: Unknown God to Commoners
God's True Name: Roilvn Whiro
Symbol: A black cane with a Crimson red bead on top
Alignment CN
Domains: Time, Trickery, Nobility, Madness

God of the Heavens and Skies
Common Name: Haizews
God's True Name: Usris, Mortal Asendant
Symbol: A sunrise, or The sun itself
Alignment: LG
Domains: Air, Good, Sun, Weather

God of Chaos and War
Common Name: Warmersis
God's True Name: D'lowas, Chosen Chaos Magi
Symbol: A sword, Warhammer, or spear bloodied
Alignment: CN
Domains: War, Strength, Glory, Rune

Goddess of Love and Fire
Common Name: Passiaon
God's True Name: Passiaon
Symbol: Two intertwined Rings of Fire
Alignment: CG
Domains: Charm, Community, Fire, Destruction

Goddess of Earth and Mountain
Common Name: Mythane
God's True Name: Preaka, Magnus Ascendant.
Symbol: An Anvil or a Mountain
Alignment: LG
Domains: Earth, Liberation, Protection, Artifice

Goddess of Woods and Animals
Common Name: Raiowood
God's True Name: Raiowood
Symbol: A Single Rose, An Olive Branch
Alignment: CN
Domains: Decay, Growth, Seasons, Plant

Goddess of Life and Beauty
Common Name: Braithe
God's True Name: Braithe
Symbol: A circle with no end, often of roses, gold, jewel, and things of beauty.
Alignment: LN
Domains: Healling, Dream, Song, Renewal

God of Death and Oracles
Common Name: Hemel
God's True Name: Hemel
Symbol: S scythe with a skull hanging from it
Alignment: LE
Domains: Death, Darkness, Knowledge , Evil  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 pm
Updates

10/6/12
Added updates section.
Started the Gods area. Started Pre-Casin history.
Pre-Casin finished
Finished up (more or less) first post.

10/7/12
Added the powers area
Added seven kingdoms and Bead Kingdom

10/8/12
Added Temple of Time.
Started First Thousand Cycles.

10/17/12
Moved Updates
Added God's Section
Finished Gods
Expanded History

10/26/12

Finished First Thousand Cycles (for Now)
Started Second Thousand Cycles  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:15 pm
So starting ECL is negotiable and we can play monsters as well? Hmm...

D&D 3.5 had a book called Savage Species that broke different monsters down into 'class levels' to make it easier for players to play them as characters. I downloaded a PDF that someone made while converting the contents of Savage Species into a Pathfinder-friendly format.

This document can be found here: Pathfinder Bestiary Levels

What I'm interested in is playing a Rakshasa (which can be found on page 96.) If you feel this breakdown is unbalanced, I would be willing to negotiate its stats. Rakshasas are just badass and I love the flavor they have. It's not often I come across a campaign where I can viably play as one, but it seems to me it would fit in nicely here.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:01 pm
iLL iNTENT

In short maybe. Can you copy it over? I am just on my iPhone till I get back home.  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:03 pm
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

In short maybe. Can you copy it over? I am just on my iPhone till I get back home.

Hmm, sure, it'll take me a few minutes to type it all out, but I'll post it here soonish.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:12 pm
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

Hmm, sure, it'll take me a few minutes to type it all out, but I'll post it here soonish.
that way we can just strike out what is not wanted as we work. The fact you have an animal head, your going to be hard pressed above ground.  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:39 pm
Took a bit but here it is. The class is broken down into 10 levels. Being a monster, it doesn't gain as many special features as a character class does, instead focusing mostly on natural armor and stat increases. Its main features are its shapechanging abilities (only able to disguise itself as humanoids), DR, SR, and a bit spellcasting. Should the campaign last long enough, after taking all 10 levels of rakshasa, I'd probably multiclass into sorcerer to keep leveling up the spellcasting.

Rakshasa

Traits and Class Features:
Medium Outsider (native, shapechanger)
Senses: Darkvision 60ft
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A rakshasa has proficiency with all simple and martial weapons, its own natural weapons, the kukri, but no proficiency with armor or shields.
Spell Resistance: 15+racial level
Speed: 40ft
Languages: Common, Infernal, Undercommon
Skills: 6+INT Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Knowledge: Planes, Perception, Perform, Sense Motive, Stealth
Racial Skill Bonuses: +4 Bluff, +8 Disguise
Spell Casting: Starting at 4th level, a rakshasa can cast spells as a sorcerer with a caster level of its HD-3
Detect Thoughts: A rakshasa can detect thoughts as per the spell (CL = 8+Racial Level) It can suppress or resume this ability as a free action. When a rakshasa uses this ability, it always functions as if it had spent three rounds concentrating and thus gains the maximum amount of information possible. A creature can resist this effect with a Will save. The DC is Charisma-based.

1: 1d10 HD, BAB+1, Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +2, Special: Feat, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +3 Natural Armor, bite 1d4, change shape 1 hour (any humanoid, alter self) 1/day
2: 2d10 HD, BAB+2, Fort +0, Ref +3, Will +3, Special: +2 Str, +2 Int, 2 claws 1d4
3: 3d10 HD, BAB+3, Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3, Special: Feat, +2 Dex, +2 Con, Damage Reduction 5/piercing
4: 4d10 HD, BAB+4, Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +4, Special: +2 Cha, Spell Casting, detect thoughts 1/day, change shape 2 hours (any humanoid, alter self) 3/day
5: 5d10 HD, BAB+5, Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +4, Special: Feat, +2 Dex, +3 Con, +3 Natural Armor, Damage Reduction 5/good and piercing, bite 1d6
6: 6d10 HD, BAB+6, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5, Special: +2 Str, +2 Cha, detect thoughts 3/day
7: 7d10 HD, BAB+7, Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +5, Special: Feat, +2 Dex, +2 Con, Damage Reduction 10/good and piercing
8: 8d10 HD, BAB+8, Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +6, Special: +2 Str, +2 Cha, change shape (any humanoid, alter self) at will
9: 9d10 HD, BAB+9, Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +6, Special: Feat, +3 Con, +2 Wis, detect thoughts at will
10: 10d10 HD, BAB+10, Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +7, Special: +2 Dex, +3 natural armor, damage reduction 15/good and piercing  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:42 pm
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

that way we can just strike out what is not wanted as we work. The fact you have an animal head, your going to be hard pressed above ground.

Well, the beauty of being a rakshasa is that it can change shape to take on the appearance of a regular humanoid. So it could move about society unharassed : P  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:20 pm
First off. I'm quite interested in joining this. I have a question though. If everyone is going to be at different levels how will the combat encounters play out?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:22 pm
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT
Roilvn Whiro
iLL iNTENT

Well, the beauty of being a rakshasa is that it can change shape to take on the appearance of a regular humanoid. So it could move about society unharassed : P
true enough, but you can still screw a roll. And with that you can have kingdoms bar you. Word can spread. And a god could come to hate you. As a daemon the main god for you is Roilvn Whiro. But you will be starting underground or hidden away some how. Expect that in your bio. The daemon government is a council. All the major breeds have a seat. And while its rare to have any daemon on the surface of the world that was not from exile.  

The Shade of Casin

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers