Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Gladiator games 4e/pathfinder accepting characters Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:34 pm
Gladiator games
This is a 4E game or pathfinder(with the combat performance options), matches will be fought completely semi-random. The player could end up facing a fellow player, a monster, grouping up with a fellow player(s) vs a group. And monsters can range(+/-)2 level from the player(or the average of the players involved) As I see it, there isn't much of a point to write up a story for the games, but if it is wished... I might...

[ Character Sheets ]

Pathfinder

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]
  • 6]
  • 7]
  • 8]

4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons

Key
Pathfinder4th

Available Sources: Pathfinder SRD core material, or 3.5 D&D from Wizards of the Coastopen, just tell me what book, and where to find in said book, gave you what
Banned Resources: 3rd-party materialeverything that isn't wizard's 4e material

ECL: 4 both games
Gold: Standard for both games
Races: Open
Ability Scores*: roll 26d6 and with the results, arrange the numbers as you see fit. Must add at least 3 numbers together, no rerolling 1's, must use all numbers and can't have a number above 18(before modifiers) Also, must show how the numbers where added.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max first level, then after roll twice, taking the better numberIt is 4E, hit points is done for you
Alignments: Open... even an a*****e will silent his actions and group up with a hero to save his own hide.
Pantheon: Open
Backgrounds: Not needed, but if you want... go ahead.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] the battles will be completely random, more on how later...
2] Win/lose your match hp returned to total, events that require short rest are restored and conditions(posioned, fatigued, blinded etc) are removed, but not the damage done by them. Win 2 matches in a row an ability score of your choose is restored to normal. Win 3 times in a row the events that happen after a 8 hour rest/extended rest are restored and you level up. After leveling up restart the win score Should you be in a group battle and you fall, but the team wins(at least one member of your team is alive at the end of the match), it is counted as a victory for you but you are dropped one win score(lowest 1 win). If you suffer a defeat, you will drop one win score; should you drop below negative one win, your character will die.
3] If you are going to be a way, or take some time to post, tell me. So I can limit your character to single combat, or group your character up with people who don't mind waiting. If you don't tell me that you are going to be gone, and don't post for 3 days; I will take control of your character if in a group battle, or if in a single combat your character will die, and it will be placed in exile bin with a date on it, if a week passes it will die. I don't mind working with people, but I need to know.
4]If I see anything else, I will add it and inform you of the rule change. I reserve the right to add/subtract/change any rule as I see fit.
5]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:45 pm
Additional notes:
- If you want you can create 2 characters, one for one game the other for the other. Just don't confuse the characters.
- There will be no limit to the characters.
- If your character dies, you have the right to create a new one. Except for those who didn't tell me that they would be gone and vanished. Those players have to get on my good side, and diplomacy isn't a roll-able option....  

Alzzak

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:37 pm
What classes are going to be allowed? I was thinking of playing a totemist if this is 3.5.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:39 pm
I could get on board for a Gladiatorial game. I would prefer Pathfinder, but 3.5 would also be acceptable.

Not a big fan of 4.0  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:49 pm
loth17
What classes are going to be allowed? I was thinking of playing a totemist if this is 3.5.

Scratch that Incarnate.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:52 pm
loth17

I don't have much experience with the MoI book, but I never let that be a stopping point to learning. I am only going to limit it to Wizards 3.x material(no 3rd party, Dragon[except for the released volume 1], dungeon mag material).  

Alzzak

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:56 pm
Alzzak
loth17

I don't have much experience with the MoI book, but I never let that be a stopping point to learning. I am only going to limit it to Wizards 3.x material(no 3rd party, Dragon[except for the released volume 1], dungeon mag material).

So i can be a MoI class? What level are we starting at if 3.5 or pathfinder is selected.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:59 pm
iLL iNTENT
I could get on board for a Gladiatorial game. I would prefer Pathfinder, but 3.5 would also be acceptable.

Not a big fan of 4.0

I am okay with running two games, if I get enough people interested. Pathfinder is no issue  

Alzzak

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:01 pm
loth17
Alzzak
loth17

So i can be a MoI class? What level are we starting at if 3.5 or pathfinder is selected.

At the moment it is just an interest check on which game(s) should be ran. And yes you can play one... or mult-class if you wish  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:06 pm
Alzzak
loth17
Alzzak
loth17

At the moment it is just an interest check on which game(s) should be ran. And yes you can play one... or mult-class if you wish

Multi class your suck a joker Alzzak like anyone would multi class out of incarnate, its like a wizard deciding to multi class without planning on being a theurge.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:13 pm
loth17
Alzzak
loth17
Alzzak
loth17

Multi class your suck a joker Alzzak like anyone would multi class out of incarnate, its like a wizard deciding to multi class without planning on being a theurge.
I am also unfamiliar with the class, though I would multi-class a wizard into a few options just for fun. Druid to enter the prestige class in Races of the wild book. Sorcerer for the Ultimate Mage in Complete Mage book. Rogue for Spellwarp sniper.... I can think of a few really nice combos  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:17 pm
Alzzak
loth17
Alzzak
loth17
Alzzak
loth17

I am also unfamiliar with the class, though I would multi-class a wizard into a few options just for fun. Druid to enter the prestige class in Races of the wild book. Sorcerer for the Ultimate Mage in Complete Mage book. Rogue for Spellwarp sniper.... I can think of a few really nice combos

I only time i pick up another class is if its a prestige class.  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:57 pm
loth17
I only time i pick up another class is if its a prestige class.

I pickup another class, if I think it would better build the character I want to play. Like if I wanted to play a wizard who didn't stay in the back field... I would go with a level or two as a fighter.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:27 am
At the moment Gladiator games, is the leader. I will give the poll till 9pm tonight... it is 1:30 pm here.  

Alzzak

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:40 pm
Alzzak
At the moment Gladiator games, is the leader. I will give the poll till 9pm tonight... it is 1:30 pm here.

So its going to be 4.0 cause if it is im just going to use premade characters cause i dont know how to make a character.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff