Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sex Education Guild

Back to Guilds

Know your body, love your body, be safe, be healthy, be wise. 

Tags: Sex Ed, Birth Control, LGBT, STDs, Pregnancy 

Reply Sex Education Main Forum
So, Boyfriend Wants Me To Do Things, But... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

soren_alenko

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:40 pm
Ok, so the boyfriend likes receiving blowjobs. I hate giving them. Or rather, they make me very uncomfortable, it taste awful, it freaks me out, it smells bad, the possibility of him going in my mouth disgusts me, and I personally find it demeaning (I'm not saying that it is, that's just how they make me feel). But he really likes them, and I feel horrible for not being able to bring myself to do it for him. To make me feel worse, I know that his first sexual experience was a BJ, and that his previous girlfriends gave them to him frequently.

I've tried easing myself into them, but it hasn't worked. I want to make him happy, but as I've said before, this is something that deeply bothers me. He says that if I don't want to I don't have to (although he really wouldn't mind if I did want to as he has pointed out), but I can't help but feel that this really bothers him.

How can I get over this?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:42 am
Make sure he's showered as recently as possible. That will help with smell and taste. You can also use a flavored condom. That will help with the taste and prevent him from ejaculating straight into your mouth.

But don't push yourself too hard either. If you still don't like it and really don't want to do it, you're not obligated to. It doesn't matter what his previous girlfriends did. He's with you now, and you don't need to compare yourself with them or anyone else.  

LorienLlewellyn
Captain

Quotable Informer

Voldeturtle

Dangerous Builder

6,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:18 pm
I get how you feel. With me and my boyfriend, he was a lot more capable of just doing the sexual stuff than I was, so I ended up recieving oral for quite a while before I could bring myself to give it.
Don't push yourself, because if you feel demeaned when you do it, feeling forced won't make it feel any better for you or him. I'd just go with Lorien's advice on sorting out taste and such, seeing as I've never had a problem with it.
It helps if you don't overthink it, stupid as that sounds. If I were to overthink it, I wouldn't be able to get it done, so I just get on with it as opposed to thinking along the lines of 'oh god, I'm going to put his p***s in my mouth, he wees out of that thing' and such. Plus, it makes it easier for you, and more enjoyable for him if you wait until you actually want to do it. Enthusiasm feels much better in all kinds of sexual activity.
But don't feel pressured. Being forced into doing oral, or anything else, is what I'd find demeaning. If you don't want to give head, then don't. He might like it, but you and only you decides what goes in any part of your body, and he should be able to understand that giving head is not something all people are comfortable with.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:02 pm
If you feel you aren't ready, then wait until you are certain that you are.  

Matadair

Wealthy Lunatic

14,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Tyshia2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:44 pm
My advice would be, you've tried being comfortable with giving oral, and it didn't work. If you're not comfortable with it, you're not comfortable with it, and that's not a problem.

I think it's more of a problem that you feel this is something you need to do to make your significant other happy. It's not. There are plenty of things you two can do besides oral, and he's said that you don't have to do it if you don't want to. It sounds like he's trying to be understanding and have a positive sexual relationship that you can both enjoy, which is wonderful. Don't worry so much about doing this one specific thing, and try to focus more on enjoying the other things you guys do.

However, if you do want to keep trying, the person above who suggested flavored condoms was brilliant. But again, if that doesn't work out, don't worry so much. As long as you're both having fun, you're doing it right.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:02 pm
Well, things aren't working out like I hoped. I've tried doing oral on him with a condom on, and not only does it not feel so good on his end, I've only been able to make him go once. I've tried to get him to buy thinner/flavored condoms for such things, but no luck. He just wants me to do them condomless.

Tonight, he was really pushing for me to do him to completion, but I wasn't able to do so since it was physically straining and tiring for me. Not to mention the idea still repulses me. So he had to finish himself off, but he asked again if I'd at least try some of his man juice. Reluctantly I did, and it was just so disgusting to me. He said it was probably because I had this preconception that it'd be bad, but I don't think it was that.

I really want to do this for him to make him happy, especially now since things are a bit hard for us both at the moment, but it's almost too much for me.  

soren_alenko

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

hades_from_hell

Conservative Vampire

7,250 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:30 pm
a relationship is two people working together. if he cannot understand how uncomfertabel this is for you then that means there a break in the comunication between you. you shoudl not force yourself to try and make him happy this much it will never ever lead to a good outcome. it will mostly lead to resentment start building up.

but if you want to contiue forcing yourself you might have to mind wipe yourself. something wich i know not all peopel can do.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:00 am
Welp, last night the boyfriend was horny and since I wasn't feeling up for regular doing it, we did his favorite number, and he ended up going in my mouth. I wasn't happy about this since I keep telling him I'm not ready for him to do that, and I ended up hacking and heaving in his little garbage can afterwords. He later told me that the noise I made when he went sounded like if I was watching him torture a cat in front of me.

Is this crap ever going to get easier? I mean, I'm happy that I made him happy, but this still grosses the hell out of me.  

soren_alenko

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

Little-Lenah

Incredible Lover

15,925 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:03 am
From what you have told us, it sounds like he is forcing you to do things he knows you're not comfortable with. But he does it anyways because he knows you want to make him happy.

It also sounds like he doesn't have any respect for your boundaries and your limits. You need to have a talk with him and plant those boundaries firmly in his mind, because if you don't, he'll continue to disrespect you and believe it is okay to do so.

Tell him outright that you do not like blowjobs. Let him know that you are not comfortable with him coming in your mouth. It is your body; he has no right to force you, and you have every right to say no. He needs to respect your decisions and not undermine you when you've told him you aren't comfortable.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:47 am
1. Your boyfriend is a jerk. If he can't respect your needs, then get out of the relationship before you get hurt. I don't care if you like him, his behavior is borderline abusive.

If you aren't comfortable in doing something, and he is INSISTENT that you do it. Something is WRONG with that relationship. It's supposed to be about RESPECT and COMMUNICATION between two people.

Sex might be nice, but when it's borderline abusive, it's not worth it. Trust me, just move on. You will find someone better, and more deserving of your time.  

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Shallow Carnage

Sparkly Loverboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:04 am
Little-Lenah
From what you have told us, it sounds like he is forcing you to do things he knows you're not comfortable with. But he does it anyways because he knows you want to make him happy.

It also sounds like he doesn't have any respect for your boundaries and your limits. You need to have a talk with him and plant those boundaries firmly in his mind, because if you don't, he'll continue to disrespect you and believe it is okay to do so.

Tell him outright that you do not like blowjobs. Let him know that you are not comfortable with him coming in your mouth. It is your body; he has no right to force you, and you have every right to say no. He needs to respect your decisions and not undermine you when you've told him you aren't comfortable.

Aside from the what as already been stated in this thread by the others and the pointer's granted by our Captain.. This!.. read this again and again until it is burned into your mind... Everything else relevant has been said.. Also Tips to Nadira for being 100% correct as well.. My response is simply to get you to reread the excellent answer's they have already shared.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:27 am
soren_alenko
Well, things aren't working out like I hoped. I've tried doing oral on him with a condom on, and not only does it not feel so good on his end, I've only been able to make him go once. I've tried to get him to buy thinner/flavored condoms for such things, but no luck. He just wants me to do them condomless.

Tonight, he was really pushing for me to do him to completion, but I wasn't able to do so since it was physically straining and tiring for me. Not to mention the idea still repulses me. So he had to finish himself off, but he asked again if I'd at least try some of his man juice. Reluctantly I did, and it was just so disgusting to me. He said it was probably because I had this preconception that it'd be bad, but I don't think it was that.

I really want to do this for him to make him happy, especially now since things are a bit hard for us both at the moment, but it's almost too much for me.

Don't force yourself to do it if you don't like it. If he leaves he leaves. I would leave if my bf grossed me out in anyway  

Pia Austin

Dedicated Consumer

8,550 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200

soren_alenko

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:19 pm
So, last night, we finally tried it with thin rubbers. Problem was, since the end bit (the part you roll down) was so tight, it ended up being too painful for him, so it didn't work out.

I think we're just doomed at this point.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:31 pm
Question.

Why are you doing this to yourself if it obviously only brings you grief?

Little-Lenah

Incredible Lover

15,925 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

soren_alenko

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:40 pm
Little-Lenah
Question.

Why are you doing this to yourself if it obviously only brings you grief?

Because hopefully I won't find it so gross/repelling/etc. after enough times (had similar feeling about just regular doing it and such, and I got over that), and I want to make him happy.  
Sex Education Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff