Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(4e) In the Name of Experience Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:58 pm
I am running this based on my interest thread, "Calling all gameless players!" If you did not post there, you must do so before posting here. This is the game for newer players.

[ Character Sheets ]

1] Athryn, Elf Ranger by Rikku DarkHeart KH
2] Kevros Nightraider, Half-Orc Fighter by Gideon Commando
3] Thage Fairbrooke, Human Cleric by gistofeverything
4] Mnarr Riveet, Githzerai Monk by BegrudginglyGood

[ Premise/Foreword ]
xxxThe early levels of this campaign will be taking place within the Chaos Scar. Public information about this region of the world can be found here.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
xxxAs a quick rundown, the area known as the Chaos Scar was produced by a malevolent comet which struck the earth. The result was an area beset by twisted evil. Civilized man has tried many times to cleanse the valley, but the best they achieved was walling off the worst of it.
xxx"Dwarven-built Restwell Keep" is the closest civilization has managed to get to the Chaos Scar. "Legends claim it has been the fortress of a hobgoblin king, the home of an infamous bandit lord, a linchpin garrison of fallen Nerath, and the lair of a dragon. Indeed, the keep has been all this and more. At present, it is a faint but steady light struggling against the growing darkness. Its intrepid folk are in constant danger from within and without."

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
xxx"Not long ago, the keep was a freewheeling place with lax law enforcement. Lord Peridin Drysdale, paladin of Erathis, recently took command." For whatever reason you have made your way to this place, as you passed through the main gates, a scrutinizing eye picked you out of the regular traffic and approached you. He was a seemingly simple-looking man in a habit sporting several different religious symbols. (Those who know these kinds of things would recognize marks of Avandra, Ioun, and Sehanine.) He introduced himself as Venn, but he politely asked you, if you had any kind of heart for law or good, to please go to the chapel that evening and ask for Friar Benwick. He assured you that it was a potentially dire matter, and if you were intent on such thing, that there may even be a reward involved. At the very least, you would get a free meal just for showing up.
xxxNow, sitting at a table in a warm room with a few other strangers, Friar Benwick and a couple priests serve you a hot meal.

[ Character Creation ]
xxx
Available Sources: Anything goes.
Banned Resources: Try to stick to official literature.

ECL: Characters begin at level 1.
Wealth: Basic clothing and 100g.
Races: Any, but keep in mind that certain monstrous races carry stigmas within most civilized regions.
Ability Scores*: 4d6 drop the lowest.
xxxxxxxxxxx*You have one chance to reroll 1's.
Hit Points: It's 4e.
Alignments: Preferably no CE.
Pantheon: Whatever. I guess that depends on your sourcebook. The game world will mostly be using the standard PHB deities, so any other ones will likely be treated as minor deities.
Backgrounds: Have one or no, it adds to the roleplaying aspect if you do.

[ House/Optional Rules ]
1] If you have access to them, feel free to utilize themes and/or backgrounds to add flavor to your characters.
2] I am fully willing to allow power re-writes which alter cosmetic or minor mechanic features.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:17 pm
Mind if I use my character Athryn  

Rikku DarkHeart KH

Versatile Hunter

4,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:56 pm
Rikku DarkHeart KH
Mind if I use my character Athryn

Certainly. Always a fan of keeping it simple.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:10 pm
Avurus
I know the basics of 4e but I might mess up sometimes, can I play? I usually play a arcane character.

Yes! That is the whole reason for this particular game. It's to help out players who haven't gotten into any games, but also for anyone who isn't familiar with 4e to get some playtesting in.

You can make whatever you want. I'll be attempting to tailor the play experience to whatever characters we end up with.  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Rikku DarkHeart KH

Versatile Hunter

4,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:21 pm
Yes Thank you
WhimsicalXellos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:24 pm
I present to you, tentatively, Kravos. biggrin

If you see anything wrong with it, please pm me.  

Gideon Commando

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:15 pm
Gideon Commando

Cool, I'll let you know if I see anything out of the ordinary. But first, is it Kravos, or Kevros like your character sheet says?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:25 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Gideon Commando

Cool, I'll let you know if I see anything out of the ordinary. But first, is it Kravos, or Kevros like your character sheet says?

Sorry Kevros lol, still gettin used to him as you can see. xd  

Gideon Commando

gistofeverything

Explorer

4,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:39 pm
WhimsicalXellos

Gideon Commando

Rikku DarkHeart KH

Introducing Thage Fairbrooke, Human Cleric of Ioun. Wanted to keep this toned down since it's my first time on a virtual playbase. Do I need to make her a colorful history?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:28 pm
gistofeverything
WhimsicalXellos

Gideon Commando

Rikku DarkHeart KH

Introducing Thage Fairbrooke, Human Cleric of Ioun. Wanted to keep this toned down since it's my first time on a virtual playbase. Do I need to make her a colorful history?

You'd be the first of us to haha, besides with an Elf and a Half-Orc on her side, she'll get a fairly colorful history soon enough haha.  

Gideon Commando

Rikku DarkHeart KH

Versatile Hunter

4,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 pm
This is gonna be fun  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:53 pm
Rikku DarkHeart KH

Okay, most everything is in order. However a few things are missing.
-Most of your racial traits are missing: Elven Weapon Proficiency, Fey Origin, Group Awareness, and Wild Step.
-Since Elven Precision counts as an encounter power, you should put it in your powers list so you can keep track of when you use it.
-You should probably record your weapon and armor proficiencies.
-Assumedly you will want to take the Archer Fighting Style, one of the Ranger's class features, which gives you Defensive Mobility as a bonus feat.
-Speaking of feats, you have not yet chosen a 1st level feat. I would recommend Lethal Hunter as a solid damage increasing feat, but feel free to look through the list for other useful choices.
-Quivers actually hold 30 arrows. Arc probably just remembered incorrectly.
-You should only have 29g left after purchasing the gear you wrote down.
-You can put yourself back at full health now. smile  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Rikku DarkHeart KH

Versatile Hunter

4,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:06 pm
I did that srry forgot to save sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:21 pm
Gideon Commando

Looking good, just a few quibbles.
-You forgot to put in your +2 class bonus to Fort.
-You may want to record your weapon and armor proficiencies. (Nice job spending your starting funds down to 0, btw.)
-You forgot to record your -2 check penalty from your shield.
-You didn't record any of your class features, though I can see you're taking advantage of them: Combat Challenge, Combat Superiority, Fighter Weapon Talent.
-Just a minor thing, you recorded Comeback Strike as an Encounter power in the title (but it says Daily in the description still).

Edit: Looking good now. /thumbs up  

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff