Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Interest Check: Keep on the Shadowfell [4e] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KarateShen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:54 pm
Hello people of Gaia's Dungeons and Dragons Guild!

I come to you with an interest check. As the title suggests, I would like to know how many people would be interested in playing a 4e Keep on the Shadowfell, as I would like to DM one.

You may notice that I am new to gaia, however, I assure you that I am a veteran to roleplaying, I have experience in a few play-by-post DnD games off-site, but I've never actually DM'd a campaign.

I'm itching to see this campaign in action, and I have a lot of ideas, if people are interested...

So.. are you interested?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Background Information
Humans claim many vast empires. Each empire exalted in its own unique set of virtues. Some were realms governed by a caste of fearless warriors, some were rigid theocracies, some were sorcerous tyrannies, ans some were far-flung mercantile empires tethered together by silk, steel, and gold. In truth, the story of humankind is the tale of the successive rise of great empires.

And each rise preceded a subsequent, seemingly inevitable fall. Even Nerath, which persisted until a mere century ago, was finally overthrown by hordes of orcs, goblins, demons, and -- some say -- a secret curse.

Now Nerath's ruins, too, litter the murkey world; only adventurers are brave enough to pierce the shadows that lie between what isolated outposts remain. Human civilization exists as widely seperated points of light in a world of untamed, mysterious darkness.

Realms, both wonderous and dire, border this world. One such realm is the Shdaowfell. Although not inherently evil, the Shadowfell is fraught with dangers, and the barrier between worlds can be thin.

Nearly two hundread years ago, a demonic cult purposely created such a gap, connecting the demon's unholy Shadowfell sites to the world. Skeletons, zombies, and fouler creatures flooded through the rift into the light of day.

The empre of Nerath dispatched legionaires to eliminate the threat. The empire's soldiers destroyed the undead, sealed the opening, and built a keep to watch over the location and contain the threat. This is the site known as the Keep on the Shadowfell.

Decades of peace followed, and the village of Winterhaven arose within sight of the keep. Eventually, the great fort fell into ruins and its grand purpose forgotten. Today, it is seen as a harmless tumble of stone and wood.

If only that were true...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:51 pm
Lets pretend I have never heard of Keep of the Shadowfell.... story or something more to go off of, please  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

KarateShen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:44 am
Absolutely! I added some information to the original post. Enjoy :3  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:44 am
I just finished running through that adventure here last year, it might be interesting to see another DM's take on it (and to play again)  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:33 am
I would be interested though my points of access to the internet will be severely limited for the next several weeks, while I'm at sea. I'll have my wife keep tabs on this for me. I might need to use a character I already have a mythweaver sheet for, for it will be a few weeks until I will have enough access to the internet to make a new one.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:36 pm
I'd be interested in playing through this, too! whee  

AlphabetFish

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:03 am
I'd happily jump in. Just say the word on character creation guidelines.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:33 am
taco ... < hungry for, I might join  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Gideon Commando

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:16 am
After being here a month I'd be happy to finally join in on a game. Be warned however, I've only done one DnD game, and never on here.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:27 am
KarateShen

Interest confirmed.  

gistofeverything

Explorer

4,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Vampiremessiah51

Interesting Vampire

8,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:50 pm
Very interested, pending character guidelines.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:59 pm
I too am interested  

Azeiel The Risen

Feline Pumpkin

5,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cat Fancier 100

WhimsicalXellos
Crew

Compassionate Husband

9,300 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:11 pm
Azeiel The Fallen

I don't think this guy has said anything in over a month. If you are new to DnD and have access to the books, I'd recommend you check out my Interest Thread for gameless players. If you scroll down a bit on that page I linked, you can use the same advice I gave Vampiremessiah.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:32 pm
WhimsicalXellos
Azeiel The Fallen

I don't think this guy has said anything in over a month. If you are new to DnD and have access to the books, I'd recommend you check out my Interest Thread for gameless players. If you scroll down a bit on that page I linked, you can use the same advice I gave Vampiremessiah.
Ah thank you very much. I will check it out now.  

Azeiel The Risen

Feline Pumpkin

5,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers