Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder: The Lightless Depths Recruitment Form Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wabbradford

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:41 am
[ Character Sheets ] 

[ Premise/Foreword ] 

This campaign will start mostly with a strong "Survivor" feel. Civilizations will be few and far between, and many nights it will be difficult just to get food in your bellies.

As the campaign progresses, it will get eventually drift further away from the survivor element and more towards the "Hero" theme

[ Setting Information/Background ] 

Most of this game will take place in the Underdark, wether it be in dark caverns or underground seas. Very little civilization will be present, and food will most likely be a greater treasure then gold.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ] 

All the characters begin aboard a large Mercent vessel, traveling from their old Western homeland to the Eastern part of the world.

However, near the end of the journey, when only a week more of sailing remained, a large underground earthquake tore a hole in the sea floor. A massive spinning Maelstrom dragged the ship down into the depths, and into the Underdark.

The only survivors are the Characters, a group of tattered pilgrims, and the Ship's captain. With no clue how far away they are from civilization, the players are the crew's only hope for survival...

[ Character Creation ] 

Any race from any Pathfinder book is acceptable. People wanting to use Custom-built-homemade races (Using the Advanced Races Guide) should please send the race to me first, so I can make sure you aren't making yourself too overpowered.

Also, it is OK if we have some people choose to be the same class, but if you see a pattern forming (Like if we already have 3 human fighters), I'd appreciate it if you chose different to add some variation.

Available Sources: All Pathfinder Books are aloud, but if you use something that isn't from the Core Rulebook, please state were it's from.
Banned Resources: 

ECL: Level 1
Gold: 1 weapon (With 10 Bolts/Arrows) OR spell components to cast basic spells (You can also have a Component Pouch), 1 outfit (Must be relevant to your backstory). Classes that need special implements also may begin play with one (Or not, if your looking do a challenge.)
Races: Any and all
Ability Scores*: Heroic (Page 15 Pathfinder Core Rulebook)
xxxxxxxxxx
Hit Points: Start with max Hit die. When leveling up, roll the Hitdie twice and choose the higher result.
Alignments: Any. But find a reason not to murder your allies, you evil scum you.
Pantheon: 
Backgrounds: Provide me with a least enough backstory to know were you're from, what was your career, and why your moving from the West to the East. I do enjoy more juicy back stories, but they aren't required.

[ House/Optional Rules ] 

1] Without a backpack, you can only carry a up to your Light Load
2] 
3]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:06 pm
No thanks man. Seems interesting, but not my stick  

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:11 pm
I have nothing planned, other than my own game... I will create a character here in a bit. Would you allow a Vitalist?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/vitalist  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:34 pm
glitterboypilot
I have nothing planned, other than my own game... I will create a character here in a bit. Would you allow a Vitalist?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/vitalist

Sure. Seems cool.  

wabbradford

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:21 pm
You will probably say no... but, how about a http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/duckfin-s-lab/bloodspell

or

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/archetypes/rite-publishing---summoner-archetypes/celestial-commander  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:00 pm
A subterranean survival Pathfinder campaign? Hot damn, count me in, chief.

Now I just have to figure out what in the world I want to play, lol  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:38 pm
That actually wasn't as hard as I thought, lol

I think I'll be going with a ratfolk alchemist  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:01 pm
Southern Cross Nemesis
You will probably say no... but, how about a http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/duckfin-s-lab/bloodspell

or

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner/archetypes/rite-publishing---summoner-archetypes/celestial-commander

Sure. You can be those no problem.

I'd prefer Bloodspell though.  

wabbradford

wabbradford

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:04 pm
iLL iNTENT
That actually wasn't as hard as I thought, lol

I think I'll be going with a ratfolk alchemist

Sounds good!  
iLL iNTENT rolled 12 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 5, 6, 1, 5, 4, 3, 6, 1, 4, 5 Total: 45 (12-72)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:37 pm
Rollin Stats

3 +2 +6 = 11
5 +6 +6 = 17
1 +5 +6 = 12
4 +3 +6 = 13
6 +1 +6 = 13
4 +5 +6 = 15

Eh, could be better, could be worse  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Southern Cross Nemesis rolled 12 6-sided dice: 4, 6, 5, 4, 3, 6, 6, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1 Total: 47 (12-72)

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:50 pm
rolls  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 pm
I have a question regarding equipment.

It says we start with 1 weapon plus some ammunition if its a ranged weapon, OR 50gp of spell components. Most spell components don't actually have a noteworthy cost, so how would that be measured exactly?

And aside from the outfit, is that all we start the game with? No backpacks, armor, or anything like that? I ask because certain spell casters need more than just components. Clerics need their holy symbols, and wizards and alchemists need their spell/formulae books.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

wabbradford

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:53 pm
iLL iNTENT

It says we start with 1 weapon plus some ammunition if its a ranged weapon, OR 50gp of spell components. Most spell components don't actually have a noteworthy cost, so how would that be measured exactly?

And aside from the outfit, is that all we start the game with? No backpacks, armor, or anything like that? I ask because certain spell casters need more than just components. Clerics need their holy symbols, and wizards and alchemists need their spell/formulae books.

Good point... I'll see too it that that Holy Symbols, Spell/Formulae books get eddited in.

But yeah, as for common gear, you essentially start out with next to nothing. No food, No armor, not even a torch. When you start, your probably going to be scratching a living off of rocks.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 pm
wabbradford
iLL iNTENT

Good point... I'll see too it that that Holy Symbols, Spell/Formulae books get eddited in.

But yeah, as for common gear, you essentially start out with next to nothing. No food, No armor, not even a torch. When you start, your probably going to be scratching a living off of rocks.

And what about a spell component pouch? Otherwise, where would a spellcaster keep those components? They'd be walking around with hands full of things like lint, dead bugs and bat guano, lol

Or should I just assume that a spellcaster will start with whatever they need to cast their basic spells that require no expensive components?  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:23 pm
Half-orc Death gaurd

Or

Human Bloodspell

I made two and I wanted to check with you, before I moved on and finished them. Personally I like them both...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff