Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
The Olympics are here! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who are you rooting for?
  Barton!
  Durem!
  Aekea!
  Gambino?
View Results

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:37 am
Yay, the Olympics are back!

Coincidentally, just last night before going to bed I created this Roman/Greek avi, with no clue that there would be an event for Olympians coming out this morning. Now I'm all pumped up in the Olympic mood, lol!

And my choice of colors even fits my Durem team perfectly! =D

Go Durem! Yay Olympics! Everyone have fun...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here is the Event Forum for the 2012 Rejected Olympics...
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/rejected-olympics-2012/f.915/  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:50 am
Oh my.... it looks like somebody didn't think this one out all the way through. It appears that the games are held in a towns venue, which is lagging so much with all the people and none of the arrows work to move to different sections. All my other windows freeze up in order to allow that game to run. xP

I'll go back and try it on low quality, see if that helps...  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

ll Mizuki-Sama ll

Desirable Phantom

7,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:52 am
Ned-san
Oh my.... it looks like somebody didn't think this one out all the way through. It appears that the games are held in a towns venue, which is lagging so much with all the people and none of the arrows work to move to different sections. All my other windows freeze up in order to allow that game to run. xP

I'll go back and try it on low quality, see if that helps...

Where are the olympics?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 am
ll Mizuki-Sama ll

Where are the olympics?

*EDIT: lol, I thought you asked What are the Olympics instead of Where are... Anyways, here's my description even if you didn't need to know the history, lol. xD As to the where, it's at the end of my spiel... There is an Event Town dedicated to the games.

The Rejected Olympics are something that Gaia holds alongside the real Summer Olympic games. The first time this happened would have been in 2008 (the games are held every 4 years), and the Gaia manga storyline had the CEO of Gaia making a pitch to host the Olympics but being rejected... so he started his own on Gaia. smile

The last Rejected Olympics event was a whole series of online games you played for your team. Each Gaia township of Barton, Durem, aekea, and Gambino are always represented, and you get to choose which to represent.
I have four accounts that I keep up and use regularly, and each one has a dedicated town. This one is for Durem (the dark, gothic town), my Sea Goddess represents Barton (the earthy and wholesome town), my space man account represents aekea (the machine and robotics town), and my valley girl account represents Gambino (the money and resort town).

It doesn't matter who wins, so you should try to find a town to represent which suits the personality of yourself or your avi character. This is of course easier if you keep up with the Gaia storyline, manga, shops, etc. If you don't, then my basic descriptions will hopefully help your decision. Or you can just choose a team which has colors which will match your avi. It's all about having fun while supporting your team. And of course, winning event items... wink

Durem: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Barton: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Aekea: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Gambino: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh yes, and one more I have on Barton's team:

You'll notice that certain races are also associated with different towns. For instance, Dark Elves, Vampires, and Devil Imps are associated with Durem. Centaurs and Angel Imps are associated with Barton. Grombies and Zombies are associated with Gambino (the "accidents" that made them were from Gambino's labs, after all), and Aliens are associated with Aekea.

There are item prizes to be won for each task or game you complete, as with all Gaia events. You will be given a neckerchief with your town's flag. Start off by clicking on the trophy which has appeared on your top banner, then you can click on the Play Now button to enter the town with the games. Of course, at the moment none of the games seem accessible, but maybe later in the day they will be.

PS, I went back to try the low quality thing, and there is no such option... sad  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Neddog

Distinct Perfectionist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 am
Last Olympics I ran into this lady who made great team support signatures, as well... wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:03 am
Update: Here's a direct link that seems to work for Space Drop...
http://www.gaiaonline.com/launch/towns2/?eventID=2012

Or...

http://www.gaiaonline.com/launch/spacedrop

Further Update:

I don't know why it seems they are unable to write simple instructions for the game, but the instructions are really this simple: Collect as many flying Lanzer heads as you can, and avoid everything else.

Of course there's no way you could know what not to avoid by playing, unless you happen to run into a lanzer head by mistake. Thankfully, there is a guide in the event forum:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/rejected-olympics-2012/space-drop-guide/t.80879375/

Each Lanzer head gets you 2 points, everything else you hit makes you lose 1 point. If you score over 10 you will be granted a "bunch of balloons".

I'll post any other direct links if I get them, but I'm guessing this is the only game up yet.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Vanilla Acoustic

Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:46 am
Ohoh! I'm Team Durem, but I can't access any of the games :c.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:14 pm
Cigarette Troll
Ohoh! I'm Team Durem, but I can't access any of the games :c.

Did you try the direct link I just posted for Space Drop? That was the only way I was able to access the game, myself. I don't think there are any others active yet.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

getmeoffthishellsite

Hot Lop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:30 pm
ɢᴏ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ ᴅᴜʀᴇᴍ!

Ned! You look spiffy as always.
They really should have added the instructions right on the game before you start playing,
it took me forever to realize you were supposed to catch the flying Lanzers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:32 pm
Ned-san

Nevermind I tried the second link and worked for me. I completely failed at it though XP  

Vanilla Acoustic

Fatcat

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:44 pm
Torn between Durem and Barton D: I might just get on a mule and join them all... rolleyes

On a side note, I remember your Barton look from years ago Ned-San :O. (I'm MeiMei :3).  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:05 pm
Kyuui Kiwi
Torn between Durem and Barton D: I might just get on a mule and join them all... rolleyes

On a side note, I remember your Barton look from years ago Ned-San :O. (I'm MeiMei :3).

Hehe, thanks Kiwi!

Captain Silas Manner
ɢᴏ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ ᴅᴜʀᴇᴍ!

They really should have added the instructions right on the game before you start playing,
it took me forever to realize you were supposed to catch the flying Lanzers.

I know, right? I could write them a set of instructions for this simple game in as little as four words, that would let everybody figure out how to play it: Catch the Flying Heads

But without even that much instruction, the game is impossible to learn!  

Hexatus Aquatica

Olympic Champion

1,500 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300

Hexatus Aquatica

Olympic Champion

1,500 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:13 pm
Sorry Durem, but it looks like I got my first high/max score for Barton!

20 points is the most it'll let you accumulate in the game, and if you achieve that you still get the same "bunch of balloons" item as 10 points grant you, but also a "Medalist" achievement.

I now have the Custom Title of "Barton Medalist", lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:20 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Go team Gambino! I'll have to dress up into my spirited avatar once I get home from work tonight. smile  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out