Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder... Island of the Lost (Full) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:23 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

Dear, ….

You one of one hundred, that have been chosen to attend a week long seminar, for gifted young adults....

The letter addressed to you, included with it one first class ticket to San Juan, Porta Rico. The letter went on to say that if you attended, you would receive a full, all expenice paid, scholarship to any college in the USA. What ever reason, you agreed to go. It is only a week...

At the airport you where meet by the President of the US and a number of other individuals from every walk of life; from corporate CEO’s, to Actors, to Sports athletes. All there to see you off.

A few minutes into the flight, with no warning smoke started billowing out of all the engines... next you wake up on a beach, parts of the plane and scattered a crossed the wet sand. Along with countless lifeless bodies, of the other members... of your party.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Core Pathfinder, and Psionics Unleashed material from Dreamscarred Press.
Banned Resources: All else, check with me first.

ECL: 1
Gold: Standard roll
Races: Human, Half-races(half-orc or Half-elf),Elemental-touched(Ifrits, Sylphs, Oreads, Undines),Outsider touched(Aasimars[see house rule number 4 ], Tieflings)
Ability Scores*: 4d6 reroll ones, no drops.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max for 1st level, roll twice taking the higher, after.
Alignments: Open, don’t make me regret this choice
Pantheon: Open
Backgrounds: if you write one; I will grant you a free feat

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Players may have one item from the modern time, as long as it is with the player it grants a plus 2 bonus to a check of the player’s choosing. Must be stated at the beginning and can’t be changed after. I will allow alternate ideas, if you think of one.
2]No magical or psionic classes, only martial or classes that get spellcasting abilities late.
3]All races have the same age progression as normal humans. And age limit, will be 15-21
4]Aasimar’s must take a -2 penity to a stat. Leaving that choice up to the player. But must state at the time of creation where the -2 went.

earlier post
anyone interested in a time jumper's game? Where the players are from the modern era... and they are teleported by unknown forces....

The only rule that might turn people away, is starting off, the players can't be a caster class(they can multiclass into one later, if they wish) and they have to be human or half-human(half orc or half elf only).

If you agree, then the player gets to keep a item of the modern era... something small, like mp3 player, cellphone, etc etc... and as long as they keep this item, they get a bonus to something. (like if it is a mp3 player and they use it in combat, they will receive a plus +X to attack rolls, if a laptop they get to cut down on preparation for spells or a bonus on knowledge, or other intelligence checks) It will be up to the player to define what this bonus is.. and for what. I still have the right to say no

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:18 pm
is there a pathfinder system for modern or are we using the d20 modern?  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:36 pm
sounds interesting...I think I'd be down for something like that  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:58 pm
arononkorr
is there a pathfinder system for modern or are we using the d20 modern?

because there isn't, and D20 modern would take some work in bringing over. I would prefer if you took a non caster class(or at the very least one that doesn't start with caster abilites[paladin/ranger for example]) from pathfinder  

glitterboypilot

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:05 pm
basically, I am taking the idea from Dallas' Modern Heroes, and flipping it around... now you are playing more like Ash from Army of Darkness, there are better choices, but that one sticks in my head for some reason...  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:05 pm
Hmmm. I'll look into it then. maybe make another gunman or something.  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:40 pm
I was a little bit meh, until you said Army of Darkness  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:32 pm
Arc Vembris
I was a little bit meh, until you said Army of Darkness

that movie is cool.  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:35 pm
what kind of characters is everyone else gonna make?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:14 am
I've been running an idea of making Iron Tarkus from darksouls as a DND/PF character. So if I was to be allowed to bring over the monkey grip feat from 3.5 I'd make a fighter.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:55 am
Does that mean the only playable race would be human?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:26 am
Kowsauni
Does that mean the only playable race would be human?

I said, human, Half elf, half orc are acceptable if you know another half human race, speak up and I might okay it  

glitterboypilot

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:36 am
Oops sorry I missed that point. What about one of the elemental touched races that descended from humans and are usualy born from human parents, Such as the sylph, undine, etc. There are also tiefling, and assimar. I imagine as far as story wise that they would look pretty normal in the modern word, perhaps just a hint of something about their physical complexion suggesting something different. Then when they got transported to the world of pathfinder their elemental/abysmal/celestial side could start to manifest more in their appearance. Ex, the tiefling character would start to grow horns.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:41 am
Mongooseh
I've been running an idea of making Iron Tarkus from darksouls as a DND/PF character. So if I was to be allowed to bring over the monkey grip feat from 3.5 I'd make a fighter.

I would allow 3.5... from wizards, only because I can look it up really easily and not be surprised...

Monkey grip from Complete warrior is okay... with one catch, it will not stack with the barbarian's titan mauler (or a like that gives the same thing)  

glitterboypilot

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:42 am
Kowsauni
Oops sorry I missed that point. What about one of the elemental touched races that descended from human, Such as the sylph, undine, etc. There are also tiefling, and assimar. I imagine as far as story wise that they would look pretty normal in the modern word, perhaps just a hint of something about their physical complexion suggesting something different. Then when they got transported to the world of pathfinder their elemental/abysmal/celestial side could start to manifest more in their appearance. Ex, the tiefling character would start to grow horns.

I would allow them.

I normally just play with the core races, so I didn't think of the others.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff