Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] Vile Darkness (STILL RECRUITING 5/6) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I want to allow Themes in this game. You up for that?
  Yay, Themes!
  No themes, please.
View Results

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:56 am
This game will be a series of short adventures based around the themes of Vile Darkness within the campaign setting. This may be your opportunity to be a shining bastion of good against the oncoming tide of evil, or will you use the dark forces against their makers? You may be able to choose both.

After each short adventure the timeline will advance and you'll all jump up in level. At this point you can either improve your character or build a new one from the ground up (you may die, you may just like to build characters). With luck we can get from level one into mid-paragon in no time.

I'll also be trying something new and the combats will be run in Theater of the Mind, also known as "I'll describe junk and you make up how you fight in it", partly because I yearn for the old days and partly because I don't have time to manage maps. Combat will be less tactically strict and I'll let you fudge distances that I don't express as hard numbers. For those who don't know, 1 square = 5 feet. There will be use for Oppurtunity Attacks, but I'll let you get away with more in general. You may need it as I plan on this game to be pretty tough.

Stats: 22-point, or standard array
Starting Level: 1
Starting Gold: 100gp
Available Resources: All PHBs, Power books, Essentials PC books, Adventurer's Vaults, Mordenkainen's Emporium, Heroes books, Campaign Settings, and that new Dungeon Survival book. And Dragon Magazine
THAT SAID
Restricted Material: Primal, Shadow, and Psionic classes. Immortal, Elemental, and Shadow races.

As you level up more of these options will become available to you.
Level 6: Primal classes, Shadow Races, Elemental Races
Level 11: Psionic Classes, Shadow Classes
Level 16: Immortal Races

Themes: Please select a character Theme from any source. I would prefer not to use Dark Sun or Neverwinter themes as those are more setting-specific, but you may use them if they are all you have access to.

To start, you will all be residents of a small wooded hamlet called Sweetbriar, situated within the Harkenwold, whether since birth or only recently. This is set in the Nentir Vale for those who want to expand their knowledge of the area.

Finished sheets:
1. Eve, warforged warlock by Kowasuni
2. Quetrian, eladrin paladin by Kytana the Thief Theme Added
3. Sicili, eladrin swordmage by Absolute Virtue
4. Lhai, satyr thief by Alphabetfish
5. Athryn, elf ranger by Rikku Darkheart KH
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:36 am
I am game to try, but I have to see how my homework goes... and how my nephew behaves today, before I can start a character  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:52 am
I might give it a go.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:13 am
I'm in  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Arc Vembris
I am sure, I am just missing it... but, how do you deal with the stats/ability scores?  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:34 pm
frog_mage
Arc Vembris
I am sure, I am just missing it... but, how do you deal with the stats/ability scores?

It's easy to miss when I completely forgot it. Use 22 point, or standard array.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:30 am
....I'm in 8 campaigns. Well, 7, I guess, since one seems to have dropped. I shouldn't. I really really really shouldn't....

But I have been wanting to try a paladin....

*headdesk*  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:34 am
Here's the barebones of my sheet, I'll add the fluff later when I'm not feeling sick/exhausted from heat and such.

Cruleia, Drow Warlock  

Absolute Virtue

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:42 pm
Alright, working on an Eladrin Paladin of Avandra right now....just need to choose feats and powers, got everything else worked out.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:31 pm
Are we allowed to use options from the dragon magazines?  

Kowsauni
Crew

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 3:36 pm
Kowsauni
Are we allowed to use options from the dragon magazines?

Yes, should have mentioned that initially.

Also, it looks like the themes are winning, but it's a tight race!  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:14 pm
oh shoot I almost missed that. Man if we are allowed to use themes that would be great.

I'm pooling character ideas right now. I'm only back for a day before I go out to sea so I will see what I can concoct by tomorrow.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:14 pm
Another question. Warforged, Says they are living constructs. Does that make them fall under the immortal race classification? I know they are not technically of immortal origin, like Shardminds for example, but I wanted to check before I played around with making one.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:22 am
Kowsauni
Another question. Warforged, Says they are living constructs. Does that make them fall under the immortal race classification? I know they are not technically of immortal origin, like Shardminds for example, but I wanted to check before I played around with making one.

Specifically I am referring to the immortal origin, like shardminds. Warforged are just fine, and bear in mind that in the Nentir Vale most warforged are over 100 and date back to the Nerath Empire.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

BegrudginglyGood

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:41 am
I'm trying to work out a Half-Elf Sorcerer/Paladin

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=405401

I just have to refine the spells/feats a bit and get a history worked out.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff