Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The War for Athas Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:23 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]
  • 6]
  • 7]
  • 8]

[ Setting Information/Background ]

Here be Athas, where every day is a fight for survival. The Gods are dead, and we are ruled by men as old as the land itself. The elements and the forces of primal sources hold sway, tearing the environment between their Feral claws.
Arcanic Magic defiles, the Divine is nearly unheard of.. and the Feywild, along with every pocket of Verdant land is slowly being killed.

Athas is a dying land. The world is a constant battleground between the 8 city-states, and the few pockets of life the sands can hide. Wars are fought over water. Psionic Magic is as common as those who fight with a blade. Prisoners of war are placed in arenas to die. Dwarves and humans produce the Muls, a powerful race, that is confined to slavery from birth.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

As citizens, many do not know that the sorcerer-kings are what is causing the world to die. Their constant use of defiling magic is destroying what is left of the barriers the primal spirits of old, and the distant gods once had in place to protect the world from the Elemental Chaos below.

But there are people who see the truth. People who preserve when using magic. People who respect primal spirits. Warriors intent on replacing the sorcerer kings with benevolent, and fair people who won't lay waste to the world as it is.

It has already begun in Tyr, where King Kodlak was ursurped by the Rebellion.

The 7 remaining city states are poised for war, ready to bring the rebellious city to its knees. The only thing preventing Athas in erupting into total war, are old rivalries between the kings and queens.

Some have begun to hear rumors though, that there is a way to restore life to this cruel and pathetic world. Whoever it is, isn't speaking up though, in fear of drawing the attention of the Sorcerer-Kings.

Be you slave, gladiator, merchant, Feywild survivor, or noble, something has brought you to the Free City of Tyr. What awaits? Only Fate and her loom know....

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: PH 1-3, Power Handbooks, The Dark Sun Campaign Guide
Limited Resources:Eberron Player Handbook (Races and Artificer Class), Forgotten Realms HB (Races and Class, excluding Spellscars), Heroes of Feywild (Races Only)
Banned Resources biggrin ragon Magazine (Exception: Corrupted and Athasian Gensai Articles are allowed), Heroes of Shadow

ECL:6
Gold:
Races:Any of the Races that are in the Available resources + Goblins, from Monster Handbook 1
Ability Scores*: 7 sets of 4d6 drop lowest Score
xxxxxxxxxx*
Alignments:Only Chaotic Evil is Banned. Teamkilling is not allowed. In order to use defiling Arcanic Magic, must be Evil or Unaligned.
Pantheon: Forgotten Realms
Backgrounds:Athas Related Backgrounds or PH2 Backgrounds.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]All Items are breakable. On a critical, you roll for sundering as well. On a critical Miss, weapons receive a 10% chance to break.
2]Food, water, and shelter are necessary. I will be keeping track of these items.
3]As listed in the Campaign Setting, Divine Power no longer comes directly from the gods, except in the rare case of finding an old temple. Instead Divine Power comes from Avatar status, divine blood, or divine artifacts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:13 pm
BUMP  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Alzzak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:25 pm
I AM IN!!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:30 pm
Hmm...it's funny...I just recently got it in my head for a dragonborn avenger...but I'm confused as to how divine would work in that case. I understand that you're saying the gods are basically "gone" for all intents and purposes, but I don't quite grasp how the things you listed would replace it?

Worse comes to worse, I can always roll up something else easy XD  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:32 pm
I might come up with something in a bit.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:36 pm
KytanaTheThief
Hmm...it's funny...I just recently got it in my head for a dragonborn avenger...but I'm confused as to how divine would work in that case. I understand that you're saying the gods are basically "gone" for all intents and purposes, but I don't quite grasp how the things you listed would replace it?

Worse comes to worse, I can always roll up something else easy XD

I'm quoting the book when I say this.
Their first option, would play into divine blood. All their abilities are innate, and mirror those of their divine parents.
The second, is that the god they serve, is actually them meddling in mortal affairs as an avatar.
The third option, is using divine artifacts, (Like a special Holy symbol out in a ruin)  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:49 pm
My rolls.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:50 pm
Hehe....oh, i could have sooooooo much fun with an Avatar..... "yes, i'm a platinum colored dragonborn. no, i know nothing of this "bahamut" fellow, although he sounds like an excellent sort"  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:54 pm
Remember, this is the Forgotten REalms Pantheon, so Bahamut is only a lesser god.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:57 pm
To be honest, I hadn't noticed that part......*goes to read up on forgotten realms*

Although, even as a lesser god, could still work, easily.  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:08 pm
Definitely. Have fun building! Me gusta la idea!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:11 pm
Now, the question is, I made the char as a female.....should I keep it that way? XD

Oh well, I'll decide as I'm leveling her/him  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:16 pm
idea
KytanaTheThief
Now, the question is, I made the char as a female.....should I keep it that way? XD

Oh well, I'll decide as I'm leveling her/him

Avatars don't have to be the same gender.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:35 pm
Oh, I know, I'm saying from a roleplaying standpoint. Bahamut is decidedly male, so should I keep him as a "him", or have fun and have him be a girl XD

edit: Rolls, which are decidedly MUCH better than point buy XD  

KytanaTheThief
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:00 pm
KytanaTheThief
Oh, I know, I'm saying from a roleplaying standpoint. Bahamut is decidedly male, so should I keep him as a "him", or have fun and have him be a girl XD

edit: Rolls, which are decidedly MUCH better than point buy XD

Approved. And your choice.... Though a female Bahmut.....  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff