Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
What are we? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:00 pm
Just want to throw this out so everyone can do a reality check... please don't get mad at me. rofl

User Image

What are we human?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:49 pm
Im not mad biggrin I see what your trying to say I think. The fact is though I like meat and I do not feel the least bit guilty about eating it and humans have been eating it for a very long time. I respect your opinion though and love to see others point of view on things. biggrin  

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

greenlinkt

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:44 pm
I wonder whether we are humans or dancers
Hmm. interesting, i haven't learned this before or maybe i would have if i had payed attention in biology
Sometimes i wonder that too, and i never reach a good answer. For sure, the answer is out there but it's well hidden.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:40 am
Victoria Whitechapel
Im not mad biggrin I see what your trying to say I think. The fact is though I like meat and I do not feel the least bit guilty about eating it and humans have been eating it for a very long time. I respect your opinion though and love to see others point of view on things. biggrin

Thanks Victoria Whitechapel smile Have you ever been to a vegan/vegetarian restaurant and order chicken, fish, shrimp, pork, ham dishes? They are so delicious and cruelty free. Treat yourself and give them a try? heart

What I've pointed out here is not opinion, they are facts as listed. None of us should feel guilty at all because it's how this society wants us to be - buy their products, think the way they think, educated us the importance of animals meat since we were very small kids. So it doesn't matter if you feel guilty or not, I wasn't and still isn't feeling any guilty back on those 20 years of eating meat before became a vegan. It's the responsibility that matters. We can easily look up on information nowadays and yet we still giving ourselves excuses after excuses when the truth being exposed, what are we??

The fact is, people like cooked and seasoned version of animal meat, not raw (yep we are human, we have the right to do things we like, even by eating cooked animals meat causing diseases like heart attack due to fat clogged up, high blood pleasure occurs. Those disease hasn't and will never happen to any Carnivore & Omnivore animals... that's show what we are clearly.)

Think of slavery, smoking cigarettes. Everyone at the time was following what was being told, that's those actions are okay, those are alright. Those were "right" at the time isn't "morally accepted" to us right now... We look at them as cruel and selfish. By smoking, we affects other human beings badly, we became "passive smokers" if we stay close to people who smoke near us. Slavery was wildy legal too for thousands of years. People evolved, we look back on history to things we may have done wrong, and we improve what we do and change for better way of doing things.

We all do have compassion in our hearts, we all feel terrible when we witness what's going on when animals are being abused from captured videos. We can choose to ignore the abuse+killing or we start to make a change for the animals and for ourselves. Better health better world less hunger people

greenlinkt
Hmm. interesting, i haven't learned this before or maybe i would have if i had payed attention in biology
Sometimes i wonder that too, and i never reach a good answer. For sure, the answer is out there but it's well hidden.

Lol greenlinkt, we are dancing human beings. lol

User Image User Image User Image

The answer is pretty well hidden by meat, dairy, eggs and fish industries. But thanks to internet, the truth is spreading quickly, even there are many people still unwilling to change (yet). Hopefully eventually many more will be awakened smile

Here are even more details if you still want to learn what your biology classes teachers didn't taught you. (Mine didn't...I wish they did taught at least bits of these lol )

http://www.powered-by-produce.com/2010/06/09/carnivore-omnivore-or-herbivore/

http://veganrabbit.com/tag/omnivore/  

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:39 pm
greenlinkt

Ha ha ha, The Killers emotion_bigheart

What separates human beings from animals is our ability to have an opinion, to speak, and to feel for others. I'm not saying that animals do not have empathy, but this trait is more noticeable in humans.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:16 pm
User ImageWe humans have an ability to process food, all kinds of stuff, some of it not even really food (twinkies anyone? how about bubble gum?). Still, Many of the health scares are overblown and not completely accurate so I'm going to continue to enjoy everything tasty that comes my way (except chocolate-covered ants - I hate bugs), including bubble gum and meat. And twinkies, of course twinkies! rofl  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:30 pm
JoyRose
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My dad once went to a gourmet Mexican restaurant in my hometown and had some tacos with -- get this -- crickets in it. He says that it was delicious. My mom couldn't stomach the idea of it and refused to try the tacos. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 pm
Well I have dated a Vegetarian so I know where you are coming from. The fact is though many Doctors in the medical community have stated that we are neither Carnivore nor Herbivore we are Mixed feeders or omnivores our digestive tracks are closer to herbivores but not just like them we do not have multiple stomachs like a lot of herbivores do and our intestines might be longer than a carnivore but it is not as long as a herbivore. So i say the fact we can choose is the key. You choose to not eat meat and I am sure you can find all your body needs in your diet I choose to eat both meat and veggies and I am quite healthy. So I say it is very much left up to opinion ours are just different biggrin . I will however take your challenge and I will try a Veggie restaurant as soon as I can. I will let you know what I think mrgreen  

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:57 pm
User Image
Vegetarian dishes are delicious!
So are meat and dairy dishes! I feel lucky to have the option of enjoying them all.

Yup, Ebony, I'm with your mom on the crickets thing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:34 pm
humans are modernized carnivores..the majority of us enjoy meat.
we just have firearms to keep our hands clean so to speak haha pirate  

samurai boploo

Party Prophet

11,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:15 pm
Hi again Victoria, thank you for your respond and thank you saying you will giving meat dish a try in a vegetarian/vegan restaurant, just order 2 nice meat dishes in it you will be amazed how good they taste like, you should be, just pick an alright famous one (who would go to any restaurant that doesn't have lots of people dinning inside at dinning time?) smile

Each of us has different point of views, maybe your ex-vegetarian partner doesn't have the same proves/goal like I do. Do you mind consider reading those 2 other links, Victoria?

If human can live without animals meat and their products and yet staying healthy, then it's cruel to eat them because we can choose not to paying others to kill animals at all. Cruel and selfish.

JoyRose
User Image
Vegetarian dishes are delicious!
So are meat and dairy dishes! I feel lucky to have the option of enjoying them all.

Yup, Ebony, I'm with your mom on the crickets thing.

Thank you JoyRose. I agree it's cool we all have options to choose. I am glad I have the same options as yours. I choose to enjoy what I know what isn't cruel to animals. biggrin I know my money isn't paying for people to kill any animals for my body by not eating meat. Especially our bodies don't require any animals parts to stay healthy, at all.

I am wondering have you all ever watched these? I know it's 1 hour but it's 1 hour 10 minutes well spent because it tells what other media (television, raido, newspaper) didn't say enough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-F8whzJfJY, and the presenter is funny too (in case all of you hate boring facts after facts being presented)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:53 pm
Eternal Rebellion

What separates human beings from animals is our ability to have an opinion, to speak, and to feel for others. I'm not saying that animals do not have empathy, but this trait is more noticeable in humans.

Eternal Rebellion, have you seen Battle at Kruger video on youtube? Animals have empathy, when one of them is dying, the other half / family members do feel the urge to help the dying ones. Be it elephants, pigs, cows, whale, dolphins, chicken, ducks, birds, many more animals.

Cows cry for days when dairy workers kidnapped the cows new born babies from mother cows (they do this so they can milk the cow's milk instead of letting cow mothers feeding their calves, they sell the cow milk to human, because people were educated it's for human too. While the babies cow won't have enough to eat, the male new born calves go to slaughter house at max within a week at minium 3 days). The empathy of animals we don't see daily on television doesn't meant they don't have as much empathy.

We have empathy (maybe more noticeable, the way you put it), so we know what is it like to be killed and abused, be it to human or to animals. We can see slaughter houses hidden recorded videos easily nowadays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECJwRKngYBs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfYV7zCNTEc

millions of animals being killed because people are more demanding on animals with all these advertised media and being educated it is important we have to have them to stay healthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYH8_OoV_pg  

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:19 pm
Kecitich

I didn't intend to offend you on this subject and I'm sorry if I have, I also didn't say anything about killing.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:54 pm
JoyRose
User ImageWe humans have an ability to process food, all kinds of stuff, some of it not even really food (twinkies anyone? how about bubble gum?). Still, Many of the health scares are overblown and not completely accurate so I'm going to continue to enjoy everything tasty that comes my way (except chocolate-covered ants - I hate bugs), including bubble gum and meat. And twinkies, of course twinkies! rofl

while it is true that "health research results" can be overblown, but it's fact that eating any vegetables and fruits can never caused us strokes, osteoporosis, high blood pressures, diabetes... nothing can be completely accurate when it comes to any researches, but what we can surely know what is the main cause of most the diseases in hospital - the things that people eat

(this following is personal matters, non related to this topic)
I have never heard of twinkies up until now, never in my life. I've just searched it up on internet to see what are twinkies... also don't chew gums for almost a decade xd almost 2 decades without blowing any bubble gum

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:58 am
Kecitich
JoyRose

while it is true that "health research results" can be overblown, but it's fact that eating any vegetables and fruits can ever give us strokes, osteoporosis, high blood pressures, diabetes... nothing can be completely accurate when it comes to any researches, but what we can surely know what is the main cause of most the diseases in hospital - the things that people eat

(this following is personal matters, non related to this topic)
I have never heard of twinkies up until now, never in my life. I've just searched it up on internet to see what are twinkies... also don't chew gums for almost a decade xd almost 2 decades without blowing any bubble gum
While it makes a fun post, I haven't had a twinkie in almost a year (though then it was a concoction known as a fried twinkie - OMG! rofl ) and don't chew much bubble gum these days either. But I wouldn't turn down either yummy if someone were to give me one. So here, have a virtual twinkie (or cupcake anyway): yum_cupcake  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff