Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Citadel: A Mass Effect Guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for fans of mass effect. We focus mainly on discussion, but roleplaying is also good. 

Tags: mass, effect, citadel, shepard, sci fi 

Reply The Citadel: A Mass Effect Guild
Any one else angry... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:40 pm
About the ending?

In stead of talking about how horrible it was and how it left everyone with fury in their eyes. Lets talk about how you would have ended the game off.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:36 pm
'course I am. There's no closure, it made about zero sense, and I was left with far more questions than answers.

As for how I would have ended it... in short, have a variety of endings all based on what decisions you've made and how ready you were for the Battle for Earth, the worst being the Reapers win, the best being Shep lives haply ever after (why not have a happy ending? Shepard deserves it). After your amazing victory (or crushing defeat), you'll have some sort of narration done by Shepard, saying what happened after the battle (Wrex was a supper cool king of the krogans, Garrus spent the rest of his days in retirement calibrating the beach, and whatever) and showing what happens. Shep and LI (if there is one) stay together and have kids (if possible, probably only happen in best ending), galaxy is doomed to another reaping from the Reapers should Shepard fail, hell, have a few endings where Shepard dies but does stop the Reapers with varying degrees of how successful they were in saving people before their demise.

Well, that wasn't short at all. sweatdrop  

soren_alenko

Crew

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:40 pm
I like it... also add in the the citadel dosnt blow up along with the mass relays.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:27 pm
Heres my version of the ending

Shepard rides in kicks the reapers in the daddysacks *as Engineer Donnley would put it* Blow the reapers to hell, and save the galaxy with the whole galaxy cheering and celebrating. Shepard and the others return onboard the Normandy to a crowd of cheering soldiers, friends and the love interest *If he or she wasn't in the party to begin with* Garrus becomes the Secretary of Defense for Palivan, Tali builds her home on a beach on Rannoch, Wrex and the priestess have lots of krogan babies and they name the first one Mordin and the next one Shepard. Ashley will continue her work as a specter, and as for Miranda and I...well we'll settle on Earth in a cozy home in the mountains watching reruns of Chuck *XD* Liara will have the most important role of all. Seeing as she will outlive everyone she will pass on the Legend of Shepard for generations to come.  

The_Dark Kn1ght

Prophet

Starlight Dragon

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:01 pm
Okk I already something in regards to this in one of the other threads.

*copy and paste* (too lazy to write up a whole new thing XP )

What sucks about the endings is that.... they basically don't take into account your decisions throughtout all the 3 games at all. A series that spent so much time on making the game special...where just about every little decision made a difference and then BOOM the most important part, the ending, has absolutely nothing to do with all your choices in any of the games. There's a video on the ytube where they show all 7 endings at the same time and it's RIDICULOUS how damn similar they are ... like wtf?

I'm cool with Shep dying... was kind of expected. On another note, I don't get how some of your teammates survive...espicially the ones running to the beacon. I'm not going to complain a whole lot, since I was kind of glad to see my lovely Kaiden and Garrus alive but still (if they are in fact alive and that's not some heaven of some sort >_> ).... it kind of made no sense. They are there without a scratch when they came down fast with my Shep to the beacon. Anywho.... I also hate how the just kind of left the ending out there, where we are not quite sure what happens and what the hell this all means. You just kind of feel empty..... I really hate it when stories end that way

*end of copy paste*

As for how it should have ended....Gosh....almost anything but how it actually ended. If they would have just given us some damn clear answers I would have been happy. If our damn decisions throughout the game made any form of inpact on the "endings" I also would have been happy. It's fine that it's not a happy ending.... War rarely ends in complete peace, there's always hardship and sorrow even when you win. But damn...They could have done so many things with the ending and they didn't.... it's almost shameful.

Oh well...it's not like we can do much about it .. though according to my brother (don't know if it's real or not) IGN confirmed that there will be a probably free DLC to make the ending more clear.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:18 pm
CDR Shepard
I like it... also add in the the citadel dosnt blow up along with the mass relays.

Naturally. From that we can infer that the Normandy will not crash on Gilligan's Planet. [Note to internet - make a YouTube video using Mass Effect footage with the theme to Gilligan's Island ]  

soren_alenko

Crew

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:20 pm
soren_alenko
CDR Shepard

Naturally. From that we can infer that the Normandy will not crash on Gilligan's Planet. [Note to internet - make a YouTube video using Mass Effect footage with the theme to Gilligan's Island ]
how did the normandy even get there... was it in the battle for earth. Your team wouldnt just leave you hanging like that  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:24 pm
CDR Shepard
soren_alenko
CDR Shepard

how did the normandy even get there... was it in the battle for earth. Your team wouldnt just leave you hanging like that

It did seem odd that the Normandy wasn't around Earth at the time.... Maybe they tried to escape?

Madame Morocco

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:01 pm
Phaea
CDR Shepard
soren_alenko
CDR Shepard

It did seem odd that the Normandy wasn't around Earth at the time.... Maybe they tried to escape?
why would they? they followed to you "hell" and back and now they just ditch you like that... I see the really do care.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:06 pm
Also what makes me ANGRY is that when i got my new xbox i could not carry over my memory so all my characters where lost. I have since re-played it for the 100th time, and have a new level 60 infiltrator but i want my soldier back with out a bonus skill. I know i know big deal... but my soldier was my first my very first play though on him alone i had racked up 200 hours of play time.... so many memories. but on my infiltrator in number one i forgot about one little thing and now i just realized it and it plays a cool role in number 3.... makes me so angry... that i have to go back to the first one, do everything. play the second one do everything and then go back to the first one.... why why me... -cruses to the sky.... then sheds a tear of level 60 Soldier-  

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:10 pm
im so happy to see from others feel the same way... i thought i was the only one who was raped by EA and left asking what the hell and why.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:21 am
I'm not angry, just confused that they released it in that state.

The ending was genuinely terrible.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Patton

Profitable Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:43 am
If I could, I would have taken out that Citadel AI. It was probably controlling everyone for all three games xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:58 pm
CDR Shepard
im so happy to see from others feel the same way... i thought i was the only one who was raped by EA and left asking what the hell and why.

I'm going to guess that you haven't been to the BSN nor Escapist forums anytime recently.  

soren_alenko

Crew

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

CDR Shepard

7,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:18 pm
soren_alenko
CDR Shepard

I'm going to guess that you haven't been to the BSN nor Escapist forums anytime recently.
no... but i am going their now  
The Citadel: A Mass Effect Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces