Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pokémon] The Return of the Rockets [Slots Available] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:43 pm
[ Premise/Foreword ]
I've always wanted to try out a Pokémon campaign. I know most people here are against new systems, but I hope you will be willing to try this out.
I ask that you understand that the Pokémon system is more complex than it seems at first glance.
I'm looking for people who will be devoted to this, since this will require keeping track of EVs, IVs, Movesets, Happiness (for the appropriate Pokémon), etc. I will also be looking for people who can type coherently. I don't expect paragraphs, but I will be looking for my own ability to understand your posts. I don't like rereading.

[ Disclaimer ]
This will be played in relation to the manga series. That means that Pokémon can die and they can be seriously wounded. They can still only learned up to four moves. That doesn't mean they're just limited to using those moves the way they were intended. In the comics, Blue used her Blastoise to fly by using Hydro Pump. The ghost Pokémon can possess people. There will still be the rules of the game, but the rest is limited by your imagination.
This will also have some Nuzlocke elements, as well. A Pokémon can still faint. When their HP falls below -10, however, they will be considered dead. You will be required to nickname all of your Pokémon, but I'll let you roll for their Nature and IVs first. You will limited in the Pokémon you keep, as well. On a single mission, you're allowed to keep one Pokémon that you catch. Any extras go to the syndicate.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
After they fell at the Radio Tower, the Rocket Brigade went into hiding to slowly regain their power and train new recruits. They've been busy gaining footholds all over the Pokémon universe, including camps in the Distortion and Dream Worlds. In response to their defeats in the past, the Rocket Brigade has beefed up its security as well as its recruitment requirements.
Their main goal is still to gain as many Pokémon as they can for world domination. They have decided to add the goal of recruiting (or, in the course of a refusal, destroying) strong trainers.
Following the breach of their system, each Rocket has been assigned a key card and a badge. Both must be used to enter the the building. A second defense of a retina and hand scanner is used for the restricted areas of the bases.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
Your role, for the beginning, is that of a Rocket hopeful. You've given up a Pokémon, whether that was your friend or just a tool, in order to try for the group. You've heard that the test is very selective, however, and that only 5 people who try ever pass the test. By passing the test, you've proven your character. What happens next is anyone's guess. No one outside the Rocket Brigade knows what the test entails.

[ Character Creation ]

You will have to take the test first.
If you get accepted, then you can roll for your chosen Pokémon's IV and Nature

Available Sources: Serebii.Net / Bulbapedia / Pokecharms
Pokémon by Route

Names: American, British, or Japanese names
Starting Poké: 3,000
Team: Choose One: Pidgey, Rattata, Spearow, Caterpie, Weedle, Sentret, Hoothoot, Poochyena, Zigzagoon, Wurmple, Starly, Bidoof, Kricketot, Shinx, Patrat, Lillipup, Purrloin, Magikarp
Rolls: Generate a # from (1 to 32) - 1 (6 times) :: For IVs
Generate a number from 1 to 25 :: For Nature
2d100 :: For Gender and Ability
Background: A few paragraphs about why you wanted to be a Rocket and the events leading up to the test.

[ Other Things ]

1] You will need to keep track of all of your info in a provided thread.
2] This is a cooperative game. That doesn't mean the players have to get along.
3] I will be playing as your TR Commander and your Storyteller.

[ Accepted People ]

• Special] Myself ( emotion_awesome ) :: Commander Blake
  • 1] Snuffins :: Elizabeth Bishop
  • 2] RafeRavel :: Chazz Umbra
  • 3] iLL iNTENT :: Christopher Tanner
  • 4]
  • 5]

• Special] Jun Valson :: Commander ???
  • 1] Vampfighter1 :: Maysen Velarde
  • 2] Absolute Virtue :: Joe Borbon
  • 3] KytanaTheThief :: Tristana Eckeheart
  • 4]
  • 5]

[ The Test ]

[color=darkred][size=16][b]Rocket Entrance Exam[/b][/size]

[b]Name:[/b] [i]Answer here[/i]
[b]Gender:[/b] [i]Answer here[/i]
[b]Age:[/b] [i]Answer here[/i]

[b]Why did you decide to take this test?[/b]
[i]Answer here[/i]

[b]What makes you Rocket material?[/b]
[i]Answer here[/i]

[b]Time for a background check. Anything we should know?[/b]
[i]Answer here[/i]

[b]Describe how you look, since our camera is broken.[/b]
[i]Answer here[/i]

[b]What are your team skills? People skills?[/b]
[i]Answer here[/i]

[b]How much experience do you have? Any badges? Ribbons?[/b]
[i]Answer here[/i]

[b]If you could choose, which region would you prefer to work in?[/b]
[i]Answer here[/i]

[b]Do you have a type preference? Do you have a type you can't stand?[/b]
[i]Answer here[/i]
[/color]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:00 pm
I
LOVE
YOU  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:05 pm
Snuffins

emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:48 pm
[OMG, and it's in the same universe as the Manga? This is going to rock so many socks....I hope i get in ^.^]

Rocket Entrance Exam

Name: Elizabeth Bishop

Why did you decide to take this test?
To join Team Rocket of course, but allow me to give you a more suitable answer. My dad worked for the Rockets back during the Silph Co. Incident. I guess you could call it a strong urge to follow the family.

What makes you Rocket material?
I'm inventive, observant, quick witted, and I can follow orders to the letter; especially if that letter is "R".

Time for a background check. Anything we should know?
Originally born in Lavaridge Town of the Hoenn Region, but I was raised in Celedon City of the Kanto Region. We moved to Saffron City about a month before the Silph Co. incident; my father being a scientist hired by your boss. But once again, I'm sure you're looking for a more vivid history; only makes sense to know your operatives inside and out.

I spent about 4 years in Lavaridge, this was back when Flannery's Father still ran the show. Ah, that man was a legend. Everyone looked up to him you know, at least all the kids at school did. Might be where my inherent love of fire types comes from. Anyway, back on track! My father was a geologist on assignment to study to flow of magma in the surrounding area. After a few years, he recieved a call and we moved to Celedon city. I don't really know what you guys had him doing there, but it must have been important.

Anyway, When I was 10, like most children these days, I set out to complete the Kanto Gym Challenge. I didn't make it very far; I was only able to beat 1 gym, and I'm pretty sure it was only because of the type advantage. From that horrid loss, I found a new passion in Pokemon Contests. And unlike my gym experience, I was quite good at them. Using clever wit and creativity, I was able to put together stunning displays and make it to the Kanto Grand Festival. Through detrmination a a stunning display crafted over a year of constant training, I was able to win the festival and be crowned Top Coordinator.

Oddly enough, it was on my way home from the Festival that I bumped into one of your newer grunts being chased down by a cop. With a little Psychic type magic, I was able to help your grunt out of his jam. I didn't get anything in return, but he did recommend that I take this test. He said I seemed like what you are looking for, though what's a grunt got to do with the approval process. Anyway, after getting home, I dropped off my pokemon and came here to fill out this form. That's my story in short.

Describe how you look, since our camera is broken.
Broken cameras? For shame! Anyway, I'm roughly 5'2" and about 105lbs. I'm a pretty small girl, especially small in areas where it counts unfortunately, but I make up for it in agility. I'm got long-ish, slightly wavey, brown hair and green eyes. I'm sure you'll get a picture ID thingy when the cameras are up though.

What are your team skills? People skills?
In a team, I am generally the ideas person, though that is not the limits of my capabilities. Being a coordinator, I'd have to constantly think of new ways to keep my act fresh, so I play many rolls quite well. I'm good with most people, though some people might have issue with me, as I can be a bit of a spaz at times.

How much experience do you have? Any badges? Ribbons?
I have the Cascade Badge from the Cerulean Gym, and 5 Kanto Ribbons from the following cities: Lavender, Pewter, Celedon, Vermilion, and Cinnabar Island along with the Kanto Ribbon Cup.

If you could choose, which region would you prefer to work in?
I'd like to go back to my home region of Hoenn. I never really got a chance to check it out.

Do you have a type preference? Do you have a type you can't stand?
When it comes to pokemon, the cuter the better. I don't go for specific types as I see the beauty in all pokemon, it's up to the coordinator to bring that beauty to the surface. Though if I did have to chose a type, I'm quite fond of Electric and Fire types. I also cannot stand bug types; they're downright disgusting.

Sparx - Shinx - Female
HP: 19
Attack: 11
Defense: 9
S. Attack: 10
S. Defense: 9
Speed: 9

Intimidate
Docile - Highly Curious

Move Set:
Tackle
Leer  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:32 pm
Rocket Entrance Exam

Name: Chazz Umbra

Why did you decide to take this test?
I've been teased all my life about my size, and I want to get back at all those people! Team Rocket always seemed like a capable group, and I've always considered the group as a 'catalyst' in this world... you all seem to make things happen, and get energy flowing. I want to be part of that.

I also have personal reasons... I need to prove something to someone... well, someones...

What makes you Rocket material?
I don't take 'no' for an answer, and I'm not afraid to do what I have to to get what I want. I'm light on my feet, and have a penchant for being in the right place at the right time.

Time for a background check. Anything we should know?
Well, to start, I was born and raised in Viridian City. Well, kind of raised. Mom and Pop loved to travel, and they took trips to a bunch of different regions. They occasionally took me, but I generally got left behind to... well, be left behind. I wasn't high on their priorities list. But, the few times I was taken with them, I took the time to explore, and when I was old enough, to challenge a few Gyms.

As I said, when I was old enough, I immediately took to Pokémon. I took the Kanto Gym Challenge, and succeeded in just over a year. From there, I decided to roam a bit, and simple travel. It gave me a chance to be away from home, and my so called 'parents', after all. But, on my way back to Kanto from a trip to Sinnoh, me and my team were caught in an avalanche. We pushed hard to escape, and I did... but my pokémon didn't.

I was lost after that. I was in a coma-like state for three months, wandering the countryside between regions and doing little more than eating, sleeping, drinking, and walking. Eventually, I sub-consciously walked back home, and returned to normal life... albeit quieter, and less vibrant. I decided I needed to do something with myself, instead of just wasting away. Team Rocket seemed like just the thing.

Describe how you look, since our camera is broken.
Probably some over-rated Silph Co. crap. Anywho, I'm about 4'8, and weigh roughly 100 pounds. I have short, black hair that I wear combed back, with a vibrant, electric blue streak over my right eye. My eyes are a yellow color, and I have pale, pale skin. I usually wear a blue hoodie and black jeans, with a pair of running shoes... but that may change soon(?)!

What are your team skills? People skills?
Well, adults adore me, and croon over me. Most of 'em love to give me what I want, or pass me off as not a threat. Useful, no? Some of the more... ditzy? shall we say women croon over me when they see me. It makes for a minor annoyance... but potential good use. It's the younger ones I don't like. They'll laugh at me for my size, and pass me off even more than the adults... it drives me crazy!

How much experience do you have? Any badges? Ribbons?
Well, as I said, I completed the Indigo league, and have the Zephyr and Hive badges in Johto, the Stone Badge in Hoenn, and the Coal, Forrest, and Cobble Badges in Sinnoh. I don't bother with contests... they really aren't my thing.

If you could choose, which region would you prefer to work in?
Any, really... although, I haven't visited Unova yet. I hear the pokémon there are quite interesting.

Do you have a type preference? Do you have a type you can't stand?
I generally use Dark, Electric, and Ice types personally. And I'm not a fan of Psychic types... except one. When I visited Hoenn, I discovered a great love of the Ralts family. I'd love to catch one soon.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:57 am
Snuffins

RafeRavel

:'D You guys are such opposites.
I loved your characters, so you've passed.

You may now pick your Pokémon from the list.
Then do the rolls listed. (They will be taken in order, as per luck of the draw)

If you want to use/make a sprite or picture, feel free.
It's not really pertinent, until I get a thread, though.

I'll also need a post color from each of you.

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

RafeRavel generated a random number between 1 and 31 ... 3!

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:18 am
W00t! biggrin Acceptance!
Well, I suppose I should start my rolls...
Roll 1! I suspect HP?  
RafeRavel generated a random number between 1 and 31 ... 28!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:19 am
RafeRavel
Roll 1! I suspect HP?
Rolls:
1) 3
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

Roll 2!  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
RafeRavel generated a random number between 1 and 31 ... 1!

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:21 am
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
Roll 1! I suspect HP?
Rolls:
1) 3
2) 28
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)

Roll 2!

Roll 3!  
RafeRavel generated a random number between 1 and 31 ... 19!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:24 am
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
Roll 1! I suspect HP?
Rolls:
1) 3
2) 28
3) 1
4)
5)
6)
7)

Roll 2!

Roll 3!

Roll 4!  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
RafeRavel generated a random number between 1 and 31 ... 16!

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:25 am
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
Roll 1! I suspect HP?
Rolls:
1) 3
2) 28
3) 1
4) 19
5)
6)
7)

Roll 2!

Roll 3!

Roll 4!

Roll 5!  
RafeRavel generated a random number between 1 and 31 ... 7!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:25 am
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
Roll 1! I suspect HP?
Rolls:
1) 3
2) 28
3) 1
4) 19
5) 16
6)
7)

Roll 2!

Roll 3!

Roll 4!

Roll 5!

Roll 6!  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
RafeRavel generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 22!

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:26 am
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
RafeRavel
Roll 1! I suspect HP?
Rolls:
1) 3
2) 28
3) 1
4) 19
5) 16
6) 7
7)

Roll 2!

Roll 3!

Roll 4!

Roll 5!

Roll 6!

Aaaaaaaaanddd... Roll 7!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:38 am
RafeRavel

Rolls:
1) 3
2) 28
3) 1
4) 19
5) 16
6) 7
7) 22

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:00 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
Snuffins

RafeRavel

:'D You guys are such opposites.
I loved your characters, so you've passed.

You may now pick your Pokémon from the list.
Then do the rolls listed. (They will be taken in order, as per luck of the draw)

If you want to use/make a sprite or picture, feel free.
It's not really pertinent, until I get a thread, though.

I'll also need a post color from each of you.

I'll Roll in a second, but I'd like my colour to be....um
Lime Green if possible...or any bright colour of green....
oh! Do you have a bright purple?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces