Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Does anyone still play 3.5? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epic Muffin Cannon

Dangerous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:06 pm
It's not that I'm bashing Pathfinder or anything, because I'm not. I've got all the non-setting-specific books for it. I'm just wondering if anyone still plays 3.5 because I've got more books for that, and was hoping that someone could run a game for it. At the very least, I'm hoping that someone will let me use my 3.0/3.5 stuff in their pathfinder game.

Also, if you're looking for a game as well, you can probably PM the person who responds positively to this thread. People saying "I want one, too!" in my threads sends a notification that ends with my disappointment. I don't like it when I'm disappointed, and neither do my players IRL. Please think of the players.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:19 pm
Oh, and I'm hoping for a more role-play centered game than a non-stop fighting game.  

Epic Muffin Cannon

Dangerous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Norin Brightblade

Romantic Conversationalist

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:20 pm
My last attempt at DMing in a forum kinda died due to happenings in my life plus it starting right before Christmas time. So it really never got off the ground. I basically exist off of 3.5 so I would enjoy to give it another shot once things calm down a bit on my side (looking a couple of weeks max more than likely).

What are you thinking you want to play and I can try to come up with something.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:30 pm
Also if its anything to ya I am wanting to run a smaller campaign preferably 4 to 6 people max  

Norin Brightblade

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:31 pm
I'm a newbie to DNDing as a whole but not to RPing! I'd love to RP with a group in this guild that way there's a reason for me to stay in it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:40 pm
I am starting to think my game is dead, so I might be able to run a low combat rp game.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Epic Muffin Cannon

Dangerous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:30 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
I am starting to think my game is dead, so I might be able to run a low combat rp game.

I know you're devoted, and I know Norin's good at coming up with stuff.

The kind of game I'm looking for doesn't have to meet all of these parameters, but the more the better. Don't stress yourself out too much over this.

Traits I enjoy:

Familiar material (Forgotten Realms especially; Greyhawk or DragonLance are close seconds).

Cases of a single problem, but one with multiple solutions (The creatures are usually intelligent; many have motivations that make them what they are. Diplomacy, bribery, or violence are just a few outcomes).

A SteamPunk, or Dungeon Punk feel, because I've recently developed a fetish for drow pirates... in those tight, "victorian"-era pirate costumes... with shiny boots... Excuse me, I'll be in the chambers.

Intrigue with violence. Duels of honor. Shadowy conspiracies. Enemies who use stealth and guile rather than one-on-one fights. Kidnapping. Chases. Explosions. James Bond meets Steam-Age Fantasy.

A mission that is so much greater than the PC's.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:20 pm
Eberron is eight kinds of DungeonPunk, and I'm sure Stormreach is crawling with drow priates  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:13 pm
I've been running Pathfinder games with full backwards compatibility towards both 3.0 and 3.5, plus 3rd party published and home brew sources used sparingly.

So... yes and no?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:35 am
Stormreach sounds fun. I don't usually play Eberron because it practically re-designed all the familiar stuff and cut lots of the fun parts about the older, more "traditional"-feeling settings. The only parts that I really enjoyed we're the tech, races, and Daelkyr.

As for the backwards-comp game from Seph, I love it!  

Epic Muffin Cannon

Dangerous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Norin Brightblade

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:18 am
Well I like there Ideas so I will step back into the plan to play, but Dm if needed slot.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:27 am
I know next to nothing, revolving around the special world games. I think the farthest I got was Eberron, in reading up on the magic item class... (I forgot there name, tells you how interested I was in them...)  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Norin Brightblade

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:16 pm
Bout the same southern_cross. I got 'em just haven't read much into em. I always try to let the RP shape the world or make a general layout and keep up with what the players "discover" along the way.

I was thinking earlier about a campaign and I was thinking about a Night watchmen campaign or something of the sutch  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:27 pm
Norin Brightblade
I was thinking earlier about a campaign and I was thinking about a Night watchmen campaign or something of the sutch

That sounds like fun!

My idea was a clue/who did it; kind of game. A game with a clear beginning and ending, then build the game form the middle aiming to the ending  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Epic Muffin Cannon

Dangerous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:40 pm
Clue would be GREAT for a Steampunk campaign. As for Forgotten Realms, the Campaign Setting book literally said that everything has a place in it. All you really need to look at are the countries and geography; after that, trust your players.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff