Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lover Of The Arts

Back to Guilds

A guild about all forms of art 

Tags: art, photography, music, theatre, dance, film, graphics, writing, fashion, contests, general chat, games, fun, 

Reply LOTA Forums
What is art to you? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beautiful x Mayhem
Captain

Kawaii Kitten

16,000 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:42 pm
User Image

Art by Prince Scwibble

What is your favourite form of art? What does that form of art mean to you?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:16 pm
Music means everything <3  

LOTAaccount
Vice Captain

MeetMyMewl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:56 pm
Art is merely an expression of self.

The way you manage your grace is merely up to the beholder. Whether it is with a brush and canvas; Pen and Paper; Instrumental melody; or poetic justice. Everything could in one way or another be associated to art. Even Speechcraft itself is an admirable gift that very few can truly grasp. Nevertheless; Its all about harnessing one's energy to relay the raw emotion. Unless it is true; and visceral its not genuine.

My favorite form of art-work is satirical. I appreciate it so much that I've personally had it tattooed across my flesh; Tribal is my favoured style since it is imperfect; and in certain lights ugly and unappealing. It is in most respects shattered art symbolizing that of a singular purpose broken into a significant array of smaller pieces meant to form one complete figure; but when combined it is the figure of one's own creation. A mosaic wrought in flesh and blood; Constantly moving and evolving with that of the creator. The subject in question merely taking role of being a vessel.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:29 am
I draw, paint and write poetry. Some would say that I'm picky when it comes to what I consider art, because I think there is a fine line between creating something to make a statement and creating something just to anger people.
I think that some of the best art in the world was created, just because. Someone, with no desire to make as much cash as possible, or get as many people upset as possible, just decided to create something. Whether it was a poem that they wrote, a song that they made up one night, or a walking cane that they carved from wood for their father.
I think that if you make something just to make people horrified, it's probably not really art.

But, I'm weird.  

Lady Sorrow Andeath

Cluttered Dabbler

10,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Beautiful x Mayhem
Captain

Kawaii Kitten

16,000 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:36 am
Lady Sorrow Andeath
I draw, paint and write poetry. Some would say that I'm picky when it comes to what I consider art, because I think there is a fine line between creating something to make a statement and creating something just to anger people.
I think that some of the best art in the world was created, just because. Someone, with no desire to make as much cash as possible, or get as many people upset as possible, just decided to create something. Whether it was a poem that they wrote, a song that they made up one night, or a walking cane that they carved from wood for their father.
I think that if you make something just to make people horrified, it's probably not really art.

But, I'm weird.

No, I agree with you completely. Art shouldn't be about trying to effect other peoples emotions, it should be you just doing what you love because you can.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:10 pm
I love all forms of art but i want to move to new york city or cali one day to be a director of some kind some kind so anything that has to so with the theater fasanates me  

QueenofAngel-Demons

Loyal Bibliophile

15,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50

N l R O

Omnipresent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:05 pm
I believe that art is an outlet for one's creativity. No matter the form, whether it be written, drawn, or performed, someone with the creativity and intuition of the artform can be a master of it, sometimes not even realizing it themselves.

Unlike MeetMyMewl's post, I disagree that it's ONLY an expression of self. I also believe that for some, it's a way of life, such as Van Gogh, and Schubert, both of which lived in poverty for most of their lives, if not all of it, for the sake of their art. They didn't create it for financial gain or to prove a point; they created it because they needed to.

If I'm not making sense, let me know. I tend to ramble, and lose connections along the way.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:46 am
I like drawing and photography both..
They are both forms of expressing oneself. Photography in the way of what you take a picture of and how you edit and drawing in the stroke of the pencil and what the subject is. They are both means to show the world different prospectives of everything.  

II Xandrs II

Dangerous Lover

9,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

TheCassMeow

Fashionable Nerd

7,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:40 am
Art is something you do to express yourself, i think.. if it comes from your mind, i think anything can be art.

Art to me is drawing, painting, photography....anything you can create to show what's happening in your mind! Showing emotions, showing likes/dislikes...anything like that smile

I enjoy drawing and painting to express myself, and i like to show it to others to give thema better understanding of me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:30 am
Well, I dance, and don't really know much about the other kind of arts. But to me, dance is a way of getting out what I can't say or put into words, and just expressing feelings and emotions. I think art is so beautiful because it can say so much about someone, yet so little at the same time... if that makes sense. Idk. rofl But dance means a lot to me because without it, I wouldn't have any way to let people know or let myself know who I am.  

Ikiya
Crew

Noob

lunarrhino

Feral Cat

23,775 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pie For All! 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:41 pm
my fav form of art is soft pastel.

what is art to me, It's the only thing that any one told me I'm talented at.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:37 pm
Art is anything that uses creativity really..

If you put thought into it, it's some kind of artistic. ouo!

That's a good simple description I think. C|  

Saffrons_Curse

Benevolent Werewolf

54,375 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:10 am
Art is the product of the mind, heart and soul. Thus it is creatively beautiful.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 am
To me, photography helps me find that world hidden inside my world. Every time I get a good shot of something, my reality becomes a little more beautiful, a little more magical. I took that photo. It's a personal view. It's just really important to me.  

elered

Kimiko Doll

Versatile Fashionista

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:55 am
i don't even know where to start xD  
LOTA Forums

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items