Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Mythweavers is "Protesting" for 24 hours Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:47 am
THIS POST HAS BEEN CENSORED BY SOPA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:32 am
I did the jerk moderator thing and edited the thread title to not instill as much panic.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:39 am
Also, I don't condemn, but condone, this action. It brings awareness to a community which will be affected, a community which might contain some individuals who are still oblivious or ignorant of what SOPA/PIPA means for them and their future.

I hope this inspires more sites, and more POWERFUL sites, to emulate such actions, in all honesty.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:45 am
Rain Yupa
Also, I don't condemn, but condone, this action. It brings awareness to a community which will be affected, a community which might contain some individuals who are still oblivious or ignorant of what SOPA/PIPA means for them and their future.

I hope this inspires more sites, and more POWERFUL sites, to emulate such actions, in all honesty.

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:08 am

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:52 am
Suicidesoldier#1
Rain Yupa

No, you're idiotic for thinking what they're doing is idiotic. It is creating awareness by showing what could happen to websites such as myth-weavers if SOPA passes. So that for any who were ignorant of SOPA or apathetic about SOPA get a taste of what SOPA would be like if they do not take action themselves and vote against the bill.

Also put your last post in quotes what you have quoted or I'll become very upset and claim plagiarism. Then refer to that you think everyone on here is "stupid kids."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:53 am
Mongooseh
Suicidesoldier#1
Rain Yupa

No, you're idiotic for thinking what they're doing is idiotic. It is creating awareness by showing what could happen to websites such as myth-weavers if SOPA passes. So that for any who were ignorant of SOPA or apathetic about SOPA get a taste of what SOPA would be like if they do not take action themselves and vote against the bill.

Also put your last post in quotes what you have quoted or I'll become very upset and claim plagiarism. Then refer to that you think everyone on here is "stupid kids."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:55 am
Though, contrasting SuicideSoldier's stance on the matter, I do recommend people clicking the links Mythweavers provides. Including this.

I learned later on this morning that January 18th is an internet-wide blackout day to raise awareness of who and what would be affected by SOPA and PIPA. And, amusingly, a few other things as well.

With such juggernauts like Google, Mozilla, Twitter, eBay, Facebook, Paypal, and to a lesser extent, Gaia itself protesting, hopefully it will show the American Congress exactly how the country feels about these new bills.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:56 am
Suicidesoldier#1
Mongooseh
Suicidesoldier#1
Rain Yupa

... have you BEEN to wikipedia yet today? I recommend doing so. If you think this is isolated to MythWeavers and MythWeavers alone, you're in for a big shock once you actually do some research on this event.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:58 am
Rain Yupa
Suicidesoldier#1
Mongooseh
Suicidesoldier#1
Rain Yupa

... have you BEEN to wikipedia yet today? I recommend doing so. If you think this is isolated to MythWeavers and MythWeavers alone, you're in for a big shock once you actually do some research on this event.

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:58 am
Suicidesoldier#1
Mongooseh
Suicidesoldier#1
Rain Yupa

Excuse me while I go visit myth-weavers.

Hold on... I can't access it but there is all this helpful information to...

RAISE AWARENESS

...about SOPA/PIPA my god by suicidesoldiers standards I should just ignore all of this and cry about not being able to access their website. Despite if I don't do anything about SOPA/PIPA I might never get to use this website again.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:59 am
Rain Yupa
Though, contrasting SuicideSoldier's stance on the matter, I do recommend people clicking the links Mythweavers provides. Including this.

I learned later on this morning that January 18th is an internet-wide blackout day to raise awareness of who and what would be affected by SOPA and PIPA. And, amusingly, a few other things as well.

With such juggernauts like Google, Mozilla, Twitter, eBay, Facebook, Paypal, and to a lesser extent, Gaia itself protesting, hopefully it will show the American Congress exactly how the country feels about these new bills.

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:02 am
Mongooseh
Suicidesoldier#1
Mongooseh
Suicidesoldier#1
Rain Yupa

RAISE AWARENESS

...about SOPA/PIPA my god by suicidesoldiers standards I should just ignore all of this and cry about not being able to access their website. Despite if I don't do anything about SOPA/PIPA I might never get to use this website again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 am
Invasive perhaps, but not destructive.

Wikipedia is doing this as "invasively" as MythWeavers is. I kind of wish ALL sites took measures similar to MythWeavers and Wikipedia. I'd like to see most of the internet's busiest areas shut down for a day, just to see how it cripples everything.

I'd much rather get a taste of what's in store now so I'd be more willing to fight against it, than to wait for the bills to pass and then be helpless to do anything about it.

EDIT: Here is a gem I was linked to on twitter, about how not having access to Wikipedia's actions have made an effect on the younger generation.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:04 am
Mongooseh
Suicidesoldier#1
Mongooseh
Suicidesoldier#1
Rain Yupa

RAISE AWARENESS

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces