Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Chat? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xKhaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:33 am
Hi! Just wanted to chat. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:58 am
User ImageUser Image
Well, that's what the chatterbox is for. Welcome to the forum!
I like your sword, by the way. smile  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

xKhaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:03 am
Ned-san
User ImageUser Image
Well, that's what the chatterbox is for. Welcome to the forum!
I like your sword, by the way. smile

Haha! Thank you! First compliment for the sword. Yay!
I like your wand too! It seems to be expensive! pirate
Hahah! I like your overall Avi as well!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:14 am
xKhaster

User ImageUser ImageHehe, thanks! This old thing? This entire outfit was mostly made from event and sponsor items, which I got all for free. smile I believe around Halloween of 2008 for the wand and the rest of the Dark Elf set. They still hold a bit of value, but this staff is only half the value of your sword. Behind this thick demonic aura lies a dark elf skin... it used to be a vampire (which is where my claws came from, btw - Halloween of 2007).  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

xKhaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:22 am
Ned-san
xKhaster

User ImageUser ImageHehe, thanks! This old thing? This entire outfit was mostly made from event and sponsor items, which I got all for free. smile I believe around Halloween of 2008 for the wand and the rest of the Dark Elf set. They still hold a bit of value, but this staff is only half the value of your sword. Behind this thick demonic aura lies a dark elf skin... it used to be a vampire (which is where my claws came from, btw - Halloween of 2007).

Old or new it doesn't matter to me. It is still so eye catchy. That's a good luck of you having those items for free. I hope someone will give some items to me too! My sword I think is just worth 8,000g and by that you mean your epic wand just cost 4,000g? Haha! What's the name of your wand? I'll make that my new goal for my Gaia. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:34 am
xKhaster
Old or new it doesn't matter to me. It is still so eye catchy. That's a good luck of you having those items for free. I hope someone will give some items to me too! My sword I think is just worth 8,000g and by that you mean your epic wand just cost 4,000g? Haha! What's the name of your wand? I'll make that my new goal for my Gaia. smile

Not given, but I fought hard for these items. smile They are part of the events around Gaia, in particular the Halloween events which are the BEST for yokai like myself. smile I always love the items I get from those events, though I haven't participated in one for years now. I think 2008 was my last one in fact. I just looked up the 2k9 Halloween event and I guess it was called "demonbusters". Damn, how did I miss my signature event, lol?

So just stick around in the holiday seasons... there are also Summer events and Valentines events, besides the Halloween and Christmas events. There's lots of fun games and stuff to grab from them.

The staff I'm carrying, the dagger, the purple aura, and the circlet on my head are all part of the Dark Elf's booty from the Halloween event. They are called the Dark Elf's Staff, Dark Elf's Spider Dagger, Dark Elf's Aura, and Dark Elf's Circlet. If I remember, I believe I went through the entire Dark Elf phases. They're all about 2,000-5,500g now.

The robe I'm wearing is called the Monster Lab Coat, which I believe was a sponsor event. Sometimes you'll get all kinds of free items from paid sponsors to participate in a small promotion or event with them. I don't really remember this particular event, to be honest. I must've liked this item though, as it's still in my inventory after however many years I've been on hiatus. Probably because it went well with the dark elf stuff, lol.  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:04 am
Thank you xKhaster, you have inspired me. Inspired me to spend my money, that is, lol... After looking at your cool sword I decided to get a good sword, too. My preference is to Japanese swords though (when I was a kid I preferred medieval swords). I knew the Ancient Katana was way out of my league (like 1.5million gold), but searching around I saw two new Japanese swords had popped up since I've been hibernating, the Yama no Tamago which includes a Tachi in a red Saya (what I'm holding now), and even a Muramasa blade! smile As awesome as a true Muramasa would be, lol, I opted for the Tachi from the Yama no Tamago. It's an evolving item, so it has tons of different forms, but most importantly to me the Tachi is a traditional curved blade and also includes a drawing form... Great for anybody who practices Iaido in real life. wink

So thank you for inspiring me to find a cool new item. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:08 pm
Ned-san
xKhaster

User ImageUser ImageNot given, but I fought hard for these items. smile They are part of the events around Gaia, in particular the Halloween events which are the BEST for a demon like myself. smile I always love the items I get from those events, though I haven't participated in one for years now. I think 2008 was my last one in fact. I just looked up the 2k9 Halloween event and I guess it was called "demonbusters". Damn, how did I miss my signature event, lol?

So just stick around in the holiday seasons... there are also Summer events and Valentines events, besides the Halloween and Christmas events. There's lots of fun games and stuff to grab from them.

The staff I'm carrying, the dagger, the purple aura, and the circlet on my head are all part of the Dark Elf's booty from the Halloween event. They are called the Dark Elf's Staff, Dark Elf's Spider Dagger, Dark Elf's Aura, and Dark Elf's Circlet. If I remember, I believe I went through the entire Dark Elf phases. They're all about 2,000-5,500g now.

The robe I'm wearing is called the Monster Lab Coat, which I believe was a sponsor event. Sometimes you'll get all kinds of free items from paid sponsors to participate in a small promotion or event with them. I don't really remember this one though, to be honest. I must've liked this item though, as it's still in my inventory after however many years I've been on hiatus. Probably because it went well with the dark elf stuff, lol.

That's really cool! If given a chance I wanted to be part of the said event. Giving away free stuff , contests and games, I like those things! Sadly, I can't be creative enough to do such artistic drawings. Since from what I have seen most of all the contest are drawing. I wanted to draw but whenever I try I always fail. Erhhm. Nevermind.

Events = Fun That's the first thing coming to my mind. Even though I haven't seen it yet. Sadly, I missed the Christmas event because we didn't have internet for a week which felt forever! Haha!

Dark Elf stuffs are worth 5,500g less you say? Why did it drop so much? Wasn't event stuffs become rare when years passed? That's just my opinion.
On your signature is that your other sets? It's epic! :>

-Sorry for the late post. Haha! I went to bed early because I lost my internet last night. T.T  

xKhaster

xKhaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:12 pm
Ned-san
Thank you xKhaster, you have inspired me. Inspired me to spend my money, that is, lol... After looking at your cool sword I decided to get a good sword, too. My preference is to Japanese swords though (when I was a kid I preferred medieval swords). I knew the Ancient Katana was way out of my league (like 1.5million gold), but searching around I saw two new Japanese swords had popped up since I've been hibernating, the Yama no Tamago which includes a Tachi in a red Saya (what I'm holding now), and even a Muramasa blade! smile As awesome as a true Muramasa would be, lol, I opted for the Tachi from the Yama no Tamago. It's an evolving item, so it has tons of different forms, but most importantly to me the Tachi is a traditional curved blade and also includes a drawing form... Great for anybody who practices Iaido in real life. wink

So thank you for inspiring me to find a cool new item. biggrin

That's cool! Your avi became even more cool! Your red suit is that a kimono? Anyway it's very nice and blends with your sword. How long have you been in here in Gaia. You seem to be a very experienced user. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:16 pm
xKhaster

That's really cool! If given a chance I wanted to be part of the said event. Giving away free stuff , contests and games, I like those things! Sadly, I can't be creative enough to do such artistic drawings. Since from what I have seen most of all the contest are drawing. I wanted to draw but whenever I try I always fail. Erhhm. Nevermind.

Events = Fun That's the first thing coming to my mind. Even though I haven't seen it yet. Sadly, I missed the Christmas event because we didn't have internet for a week which felt forever! Haha!

Dark Elf stuffs are worth 5,500g less you say? Why did it drop so much? Wasn't event stuffs become rare when years passed? That's just my opinion.
On your signature is that your other sets? It's epic! :>

Actually, I think they probably did go up. smile 5500g is not bad for an item that SO many people had. Some get up a lot higher, like for instance the Ghost Cape that I won at the end of the Vampire event in 2007 is now sitting at 50,000g. But that one was worth 10-15k already at the end of the event, that's how popular it was to begin with. This Dark Elf stuff wasn't worth near that much back in 2008.

Yes, the events are very fun though! They can be a lot of hard work, but it's rewarding. Not just in the items, but in the journey to earn them. smile It's really awesome if you can start on Gaia during an event. That's how I got my start here...

Yes, the avis in my signature are two of my other looks. smile Two of my favorites, I might add. I don't wear them much though because they're too complete (and one could even say cluttered already). Not as fun to add more stuff to them, lol.

xKhaster
That's cool! Your avi became even more cool! Your red suit is that a kimono? Anyway it's very nice and blends with your sword. How long have you been in here in Gaia. You seem to be a very experienced user.

The red garment I'm wearing is a Yukata, though you would never be able to tell the difference on a pixel avi - except for the name on the item, lol. The difference between a Yukata and a Kimono is slim. A Yukata is more casual, usually made of light cotton, and can be worn every day and to summer festivals. A Kimono on the other hand, is normally made of a finer material, sometimes silk. You might wear a Kimono if you're staying at a Ryokan (Inn) for instance, and put it on when you get out of a hot tub. You can also use a Kimono for sleeping garment as well.

The Japanese have a lot of items which are so similar in look with small little differences. Like for instance the sword I'm carrying... I know it's a Tachi and not a Katana only because it's being carried blade down instead of blade up. smile A Katana is normally stuck into an Obi (waistband) with the blade facing upwards, while a Tachi will usually be worn blade down with the cord attached to the Saya (sheath). The katana mount became more popular later on from the 15th century up until the end of the Samurai age. I like drawing a sword blade up, as do many who practice Iaido (the martial art dedicated to drawing a sword).

There are three Japanese swords I found on Gaia... the other two are the Ancient Katana which is an older item and very expensive, and the Muramasa. Muramasa is the name of the swordsmith who crafted very sharp blades during the Tokugawa era, but his swords were banned by the shogun Leyasu. He is said to have lost many of his friends to Muramasa blades, and had cut himself badly on one himself. Men of the Tokugawa Shogunate were forbidden to wear Muramasa blades, but opponents of the Shogunate desired them. smile

I started in Gaia in 2007, but I was only really around for a couple of years before I took a long hiatus. I think I'm starting to get back into it all now. smile

By the way, if you didn't know yet you can look at my profile (click on the drop-down arrow under my avi) to see the names of any items I'm wearing. They will be shown under my avi in my profile. Hovering over the items will give you the names, and clicking on them will bring you right to the marketplace or store where you can try them on yourself, and/or buy them. smile Or you can even just click on the drop-down menu and choose "View Equipped List" (this is a newer feature than I'm used to).  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

xKhaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:49 pm
Ned-san
The red garment I'm wearing is a Yukata, though you would never be able to tell the difference on a pixel avi - except for the name on the item, lol. The difference between a Yukata and a Kimono is slim. A Yukata is more casual, usually made of light cotton, and can be worn every day and to summer festivals. A Kimono on the other hand, is normally made of a finer material, sometimes silk. You might wear a Kimono if you're staying at a Ryokan (Inn) for instance, and put it on when you get out of a hot tub. You can also use a Kimono for sleeping garment as well.

The Japanese have a lot of items which are so similar in look with small little differences. Like for instance the sword I'm carrying... I know it's a Tachi and not a Katana only because it's being carried blade down instead of blade up. A Katana is normally stuck into an Obi (waistband) with the blade facing upwards, while a Tachi will usually be worn blade down with the cord attached to the Saya (sheath). The katana mount became more popular later on from the 15th century up until the end of the Samurai age. I like drawing a sword blade up, as do many who practice Iaido (the martial art dedicated to drawing a sword).

There are three Japanese swords I found on Gaia... the other two are the Ancient Katana which is an older item and very expensive, and the Muramasa. Muramasa is the name of the swordsmith who crafted very sharp blades during the Tokugawa era, but his swords were banned by the shogun Leyasu. He is said to have lost many of his friends to Muramasa blades, and had cut himself badly on one himself. Men of the Tokugawa Shogunate were forbidden to wear Muramasa blades, but opponents of the Shogunate desired them.

I started in Gaia in 2007, but I was only really around for a couple of years before I took a long hiatus. I think I'm starting to get back into it all now.

By the way, if you didn't know yet you can look at my profile (click on the drop-down arrow under my avi) to see the names of any items I'm wearing. They will be shown under my avi in my profile. Hovering over the items will give you the names, and clicking on them will bring you right to the marketplace or store where you can try them on yourself, and/or buy them. Or you can even just click on the drop-down menu and choose "View Equipped List" (this is a newer feature than I'm used to).

I learned so much from you. Now I know the difference between the Japanese garments (Kimono and Yukata). Also, You even taught me some history about Japanese swords/blade. Hahaha! You are so knowledgeable. Muramasa, I know that it's a blade but what I don't know is it is actually a name of a swordsmith.

Thanks for the tips. I will check your equipped items now.
Actually , I think that you can be a moderator. The way you type is very explanatory. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:53 pm
Just popping in for a chat! Hello there Ned-san and xKhaster cat_3nodding  

Aelliza

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

xKhaster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:04 pm
xRapidfireHiccupsx

Hi Hiccups! So how are you doing?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:05 pm
xRapidfireHiccupsx

Hello, Miss HiccupMachineGun. smile  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Aelliza

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:08 pm
xKhaster
xRapidfireHiccupsx

Hi Hiccups! So how are you doing?

Good, thanks! I've just finished up a video game (Ico if you were wondering) and I'm totally wired, hahaha! It's one in the morning and I haven't an ounce of sleepiness! So, what better to do than mull around on Gaia? And how might you be this fine evening?  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff