Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Hi I'm New! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:56 pm
Hello all! I'm new to this guild and pretty much to DND altogether. I've only been in three games before and none of them have ever finished. I want to join a campaign and finish it! I first got introduced to DND by a friend of mine in high school via The Sellswords Trilogy and from there he tried to start up two different games. Both of them fell apart. Then someone here on Gaia tried to start one up and that fell apart as well.

Well that's really all I've got. I've got none of the updated books and dunno where to really find much of anything as far as official resources but I'm willing to learn if you've got the patience to explain things as if talking to a small child or animal.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:21 pm
well, we got 4th edition, 3.5, pathfinder, and several other paper pencil games such as nWoD and Deadlands and others. Most of us are willing to teach/help, so just ask someone :3. I run 3.5 and Pathfinder, but i can help with character creation in 4e.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:32 pm
InsaneKatKing475
well, we got 4th edition, 3.5, pathfinder, and several other paper pencil games such as nWoD and Deadlands and others. Most of us are willing to teach/help, so just ask someone :3. I run 3.5 and Pathfinder, but i can help with character creation in 4e.

What are Pathfinder, Deadlands, and nWoD?

And it would be great if I could find someone who'd just started or was about to start an RP and would be willing to take me on. I don't really have a lot of source books. Just 4.0's DM and Player's handbooks and Monsters. I've got 4.0's Complete Arcane and one about undead and then there's one about Faerun/Forgotten Realms but that's before the Weave fell.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:44 pm
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475

What are Pathfinder, Deadlands, and nWoD?

And it would be great if I could find someone who'd just started or was about to start an RP and would be willing to take me on. I don't really have a lot of source books. Just 4.0's DM and Player's handbooks and Monsters. I've got 4.0's Complete Arcane and one about undead and then there's one about Faerun/Forgotten Realms but that's before the Weave fell.

Pathfinder is basically 3.5, only with changes that make both players and monsters stronger to keep things balanced and it is a lot more customizable than 3.5 Deadlands is a wild wild west gone scifi kind of game, pretty good so far imo. New World of Darkness (nWoD) is a vampire/werewolf/magic/human game, though haven't really gotten the game started with my current one.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:11 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Pathfinder is basically 3.5, only with changes that make both players and monsters stronger to keep things balanced and it is a lot more customizable than 3.5 Deadlands is a wild wild west gone scifi kind of game, pretty good so far imo. New World of Darkness (nWoD) is a vampire/werewolf/magic/human game, though haven't really gotten the game started with my current one.

Never read 3.5 or anything other than 4.0 I'm afraid.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:14 pm
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475

That's quite alright. We know how it goes :3 We can teach you anything really. I know there is a 3.5 game needing characters, so check it out and ask if you need a hand :3.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:16 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475

That's quite alright. We know how it goes :3 We can teach you anything really. I know there is a 3.5 game needing characters, so check it out and ask if you need a hand :3.

Ah what one would that be? There's a lot to take in from such a large guild.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:22 pm
Kenocka

Got Clouded Skies a 3.5 game and World's Largest Dungeon a Pathfinder game. Both are those I know how to play, so I can help ye out.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:25 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

Got Clouded Skies a 3.5 game and World's Largest Dungeon a Pathfinder game. Both are those I know how to play, so I can help ye out.

Are they in the main forum or in one of the subforums?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:27 pm
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

Subforums are where the games are played. THe main forum is for game recruitment and for guild topics that people think are interesting enough to talk about. So, Main forum to find them :3  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:45 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

Subforums are where the games are played. THe main forum is for game recruitment and for guild topics that people think are interesting enough to talk about. So, Main forum to find them :3

@.@ Oh boy... I really am a newbie to all of this. So many different acronyms and slang. What is meant by cheese and ECL?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:56 pm
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

@.@ Oh boy... I really am a newbie to all of this. So many different acronyms and slang. What is meant by cheese and ECL?

cheese????

anyway, ECL = Effective Character Level. Basically, if you choose a race that has a level adjustment of +1 and you made a level 1 cleric, your actual level for things would be conisdered a 2 ECL. For now, just stick with things that don't have a level adjustment or a level adjustment of +0 so you won't have to worry about that.  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:01 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

cheese????

anyway, ECL = Effective Character Level. Basically, if you choose a race that has a level adjustment of +1 and you made a level 1 cleric, your actual level for things would be conisdered a 2 ECL. For now, just stick with things that don't have a level adjustment or a level adjustment of +0 so you won't have to worry about that.

I'm going to need a map for this guild aren't I?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:08 pm
Kenocka

You'll get used to it eventually, it just takes alittle conditioning *dances around, moonwalking some*  

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kenocka

Invisible Survivor

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:18 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Kenocka

You'll get used to it eventually, it just takes alittle conditioning *dances around, moonwalking some*

Guide me? XD

You've probably already seen it but I think that Clouded Skies is the campaign I'll be joining if I'm allowed.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff