Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[SWSE] Story of the Stars {2/6} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:07 pm
[ Character Sheets ]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

It's Star Wars! During the Clone Wars! Jedi are numerable. The War between Clones and Jedi, and Separatists has reached its deadliest peak as it spans countless worlds.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

In the Galactic Year of 981 after the Ruusan Reformation, the Clone Wars in all of its great glory and horror had begun. Many Jedi and other military Generals had taken up numbers with the Clone army, prideful of their prowess of a blaster rifle and knowledge of the battlefield. But while many embraced their skill, others shunned and believed them

The attack on and defense of Muunilinst had been entrusted to General Jedi Master Voolvif Monn, after Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker left the planet to seek more urgent matters off-planet. Despite the victory during the Battle of Muunilinst, Separatists factions continue to fight to regain the planet.

It'll take all sorts of professions to fully reclaim and keep Muunilinst from falling under the control of the Separatists faction once again.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

This story begins on the planet of Muunilinst shortly after the Battle of Muunilinst. The Republic continues to search every corner of the Financial Center of the known Galaxy for the remaining splinters of the Separatists .

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: All Star Wars Saga Edition published sources, and case-by-case for any homebrew. If the requested item is within a published book, that takes precedence over the home brew.
Banned Resources:
Cheese

ECL: 4
Gold: See below
Races: Era relevant only
Ability Scores*: 32 point buy, or 5d6 take the best of three for all 6 stats. You may only choose one.
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: As core says for first, then either average rounding down for even and up for odd levels, or roll 2 hit dice and taking the better result
Alignments: No Dark Siders. Even though I don't NPC them, I do ask everyone to work together.
Backgrounds: I like backgrounds like I like my skirts. Long enough to cover what's necessary, but short enough to keep me interested.

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] Within reason and era specific, you may be outfitted with however much or little you wish upon your own person. No vehicles, starships, or expensive items of the ilk shall be allowed.
2] We shall be using the Daily Force Points [JATM 16] rule varient, with a high preference towards Destinies over Backgrounds [RECG].

For those lacking books, but are interested I could provide the information if requested

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:32 am
Seph Baelzara

Two questions, would you object to the Race Shi'ido (Ultimate Alien Anthology 139)

and could if I take the appropriate exotic weapon feat could I use D&D3.5's Spiked Chain as the weapon I eventually bond with (As it is non-powered Melee weapon selection isn't all that diverse in SW as most other d20s games- of course it is slightly understandable being it is a /futuristic/ game world... still...)

also- not sure which books JATM or RECG are, I may not have them >.>  

Jun Valson

Versatile Genius

9,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:23 am
Jedi Academy Training Manual
Republic Era Campaign Guide
Both are books for the Star Wars Saga Edition game. I don't have Ultimate Alien Anthology as that was probably printed by a different company for the d6 version. Although this version of the Shi'ido seems to fit crunch and fluff nicely.

I've no problem with the race in the era. Mammon Hoole and Borborygmus Gog were both two of the race whom lived and served during the Clone wars on the Galactic Republic's side.

Might I interest you into a Lightwhip [JATM]?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:36 am
Seph Baelzara
Jedi Academy Training Manual
Republic Era Campaign Guide
Both are books for the Star Wars Saga Edition game. I don't have Ultimate Alien Anthology as that was probably printed by a different company for the d6 version. Although this version of the Shi'ido seems to fit crunch and fluff nicely.

I've no problem with the race in the era. Mammon Hoole and Borborygmus Gog were both two of the race whom lived and served during the Clone wars on the Galactic Republic's side.

Might I interest you into a Lightwhip [JATM]?

Actually my alien anthology book is d20, and uses those same stats- though it also includes a restriction against jedi, which is why I wanted force adept and their weapon has to be non-powered, ie not lightsaber or vibro-weapons...

though if you were willing to bend the rules I could make him a jedi with a lightwhip or even a force adept again if you wanted to over look the 'non-powered' aspect...

I was looking to take a prestige class out of the same alien anthology book I have but I'd have to take it later as it sits because it's requirements are +3 BA and shapeshifting and if I can't be jedi I can't have a force-user with +3 till level 4, thus can't take the class till level 5  

Jun Valson

Versatile Genius

9,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:48 pm
If GM approves, Tera Magnum!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:14 pm
I'll need some sourcebooks, but I'd be interested. Any restrictions on how many Jedi are allowed, out of curiosity?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:42 pm
Jun Valson
Actually my alien anthology book is d20, and uses those same stats- though it also includes a restriction against jedi, which is why I wanted force adept and their weapon has to be non-powered, ie not lightsaber or vibro-weapons...

See, thing about UAA is that it's not part of the Saga Edition book releases, and as such, falls outside of the Available Sources. Which leaves Saga-Edition.com for ruling on just about anything.

Dion:
I'd rather keep it to a minimal. But being that this is during the Clone Wars, Jedi are fairly abundant. So no real limit, but with the knowledge of I'd like to keep a full true Jedi party out of the realm of possibility. Take it from experience, it gets dull. Fast.

Tera:
Your ToHit should be +7 for your lightsaber. Unless you have two, then I would like a notation that you hold two, and noted appropriately for each swing.
All three of your defenses should have an additional +4
Unless I'm missing something, your health should be 46  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:40 pm
Seph Baelzara
Jun Valson

See, thing about UAA is that it's not part of the Saga Edition book releases, and as such, falls outside of the Available Sources. Which leaves Saga-Edition.com for ruling on just about anything.

Dion:
I'd rather keep it to a minimal. But being that this is during the Clone Wars, Jedi are fairly abundant. So no real limit, but with the knowledge of I'd like to keep a full true Jedi party out of the realm of possibility. Take it from experience, it gets dull. Fast.

Tera:
Your ToHit should be +7 for your lightsaber. Unless you have two, then I would like a notation that you hold two, and noted appropriately for each swing.
All three of your defenses should have an additional +4
Unless I'm missing something, your health should be 46

Updated, hopefully up to snuff!
And forgive me if I'm a titch slow to know exactly what I'm doing... this is a new system for me, but I've wanted to play it for a while... ^^;
That being said, I'm usually able to pick up a new system quickly. biggrin  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Jun Valson

Versatile Genius

9,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:52 pm
Seph Baelzara

2007- I think that makes them newer- that's prolly why I don't have any of them >.>

I'll go look for them...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:49 pm
RafeRavel

And forgive me if I'm a titch slow to know exactly what I'm doing... this is a new system for me, but I've wanted to play it for a while... ^^;

No worries. S'all good! I just make it my priority to make sure no one is gimped from any bonuses.
Ah! One more item!
Damage for lightsabers, for you is:
Str+Weapon Specialization+1/2 character level
Which would make it 3+2+2. Or 7 damage.

The 1/2 level is universal for all characters on all weapons because of the lack of magical enchantments to make weapons better  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:21 pm
Seph Baelzara
RafeRavel

No worries. S'all good! I just make it my priority to make sure no one is gimped from any bonuses.
Ah! One more item!
Damage for lightsabers, for you is:
Str+Weapon Specialization+1/2 character level
Which would make it 3+2+2. Or 7 damage.

The 1/2 level is universal for all characters on all weapons because of the lack of magical enchantments to make weapons better

Danke Schön! ^^
And the does the back-story fit skirt requirements? XD  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:41 pm
Works nicely!  

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Jun Valson rolled 20 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 4, 5, 1, 4, 4, 5, 1, 4, 6, 1, 1, 5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 5, 1 Total: 73 (20-120)

Jun Valson

Versatile Genius

9,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:41 pm
well- haven't finished re-learned the tweeks of this version of the system- but I quickly got far enough to see all my problems were moot in this version >.>

they ditched Force Adept entirely and vague'd up Jedi so it could basically stand in for any force user...

in any case, will use the Shi'ido you gave me (since I can't even find it in the Unknown Regions book >.<)

and rolling for stats hoping to not get screwed...
stats 1-4  
Jun Valson rolled 10 6-sided dice: 6, 6, 4, 2, 6, 6, 6, 3, 4, 2 Total: 45 (10-60)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:47 pm
2, 6, 4, 5, 1 = 15
4, 4, 5, 1, 4 = 13
6, 1, 1, 5, 3 = 14
4, 5, 6, 5, 1 = 17

6, 6, 4, 2, 6 = 18
6, 6, 3, 4, 2 = 16

>.>
whoa  

Jun Valson

Versatile Genius

9,250 Points